Who Is The Greatest Dribbler Ever

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Dearman, May 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

The Greatest Dribbler Ever

1. Garrincha

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Maradona

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. George Best

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Ronaldo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Messi

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  6. Impossible to know

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  7. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. greatstriker11

greatstriker11 Member+

Apr 19, 2013
    london
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #3426 greatstriker11, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    And in the world of football there is fanboys and there is fanboys. You are even worse then the former and the latter.

You are a nobody a dry old crook who wants to be heard and feel relevant. You cannot think for yourself and hence you are excepting the views of a majority so that you can be excepted. Peer pressure? Sounds like it. Also, you claim facts at will with such a confidence it makes you a buffoon and clown. You do not know what you are talking about and yet you claim them to be FACTS. Caps lock emboldened FACTS.

When James speaks it must be FACTS
    When the rest of us speak it's mere an opinion.

Who do you think you are and on what evidence do you think your claim and views are shared by the majority.

There is no such thing as majority vs minority. But only James vs the majority of members here whom most seem to be disagreeing with you anyway. You might be among the majority for being a fanboy, yes! Sicne the majority of the football fans are nothing but casuals and fanboys. The casuals we can bare and tolerate. they just watch football without making any baseless claims and noises. But the fanboy will pound their chest and say "R9, R9 R9!"

All you have done is make statements. Most of which we all know already. Nothing new. But I am still waiting for that day to come when you will make some tiny contribution to this forum and enlighten us by describing a technical skill without much bullshitting and waving a fanboy banner. Leadleader has enlightened many here with his description of "static ball shielding". You may not agree with him but at least he humbly tried to share his knowledge and insights. But you in turn, all you do is making noisy statements.

Statements is all you got. Knowledge of the game, cannot stick my hand out for it.

And if you think Ronaldo is better then Rivaldo and Romario and Baggio, be my guest. Whatever rocks your boat and have fun with your posters. As long as you do not get to distort stats the way you do. For then you will have us making corrections.

You still have to learn what "dribbling" means
    You still have to learn what "header" means
    You still have to learn what "assist" is all about.

As far as i know you got all the above wrong.

And you still owe a direct answer which you keep avoiding conveniently. Dodging questions won't safe you the day. Like Bob Marley sang "You can run but you can't hide. Who runs away will live to fight another day"

Why has Ronaldo not manage to win more TOP SCORER titles then he has? Can someone enlighten me?

@giles varley @Pipiolo @leadleader @Guigs @Bruford @Jaweirdo

2. greatstriker11

greatstriker11 Member+

Apr 19, 2013
    london
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Mate go watch PSV vs Milan 1991/92

Either you have not seen that match or your just another troller to deal with.

Good night

Pipiolo repped this.
  3. Dagoods

Dagoods Member

Aug 11, 2002
    USA

3:45-3:50

R9 after numerous knee surgeries gives Cannavaro and Thuram lots of problems…

4. Dagoods

Dagoods Member

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    Nice goal by Romario on lucky deflection…

Baresi not fully fit owning both Romario and Bebeto…

5. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The Brazilian fans are not naive, especially about their own players. You DO NOT know more about Brazilian players than the Brazilians living in Sao Paolo :rolleyes:

Almost no player is ever fully fit at a WC. Zidane was almost running with the tank empty at WC06 but still managed to outclass Ronaldo in their confrontation. Which leads to my and @greatstriker11 's point: Ronaldo depended on his physical shape to be dominant, his talent alone would not cut it. On the other hand, players like Zidane and Romario still dominated even when not in their best physical form. This is why a physical specimen like Thuram could handle Ronaldo well at the WC.

greatstriker11 repped this.
  6. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    who said that? those guys NEVER WATCHED Ronaldo at his peak and do NOT BS more, especially from you, a "half" Argentina fan ... (who knew nothing of Brazil football)

last bold, so wrong, Zidane "outclassed " Ronaldinho and Kaka in MF ! Ronaldo was so isolated in front, and he managed to shoot 2 times on his own CHANCE creation!

Watchj the game do NOT listen and blind with FACT.

=====================================
    I respected the FACT and I accepted teh FACT:
    - Agree with Pipiolo and Greatest striker: Romario (topform) was better then Ronaldo (unfit)
    - Also Agree (TWICE) a Zidane in topform was better than a Ronaldo (FAT/unfit)

7. greatstriker11

greatstriker11 Member+

Apr 19, 2013
    london
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It is beyond logic and sanity to think that a dry old Canadian crook like you who doesn't even speak Portuguese knows more about Brazilian football then Brazilians themselves. It is beyond arrogance. Even a Latin American dictator will fear your arrogant stand.

Yes I know that with you everything is to be expected, but to hear you challenge one of Brazil's most successful National Team managers Felipe Scolari and question his professional views which gained him a WC, is beyond imagination. Like I said before i will reiterate. You can debate with me and other bigsoccer members here. But to go against Brazil own NT boss and say he is among minority is beyond insanity! It is totally insane.

I hope many bigsoccer members will read your post and notice who they are up against.

James vs Scolari opinion?

I never expected you to go as far as that.

It is like primary school boy debating with Einstein and disagreeing with his methods on physics.
    It is like a law school student disagreeing with a Judge about how to interpret the law.
    It is like like a PlayStation kid disagreeing with Steve Jobs on how to make digital technology better.

It is anything but sanity.

James, with all due respect let me ask you an honest question...Who the f u c k do you think you are?

@Pipiolo @giles varley @Guigs @Bruford @Jaweirdo

8. giles varley

giles varley Member+

Oct 8, 2013
    nottingham uk
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes the 1986 brazilian team were great as well.. Obviously they didnt reach the aesthetic heights the 1982 team did but their football was still beautiful..careca showed us what we missed in 1982 - a fast skilful forward to complement the midfield.. But socrates was struggling with a back problem in 86 and his fitness was questionable..he was absolutely knackered when he failed to connect with the ball on a clear chance.. I never understood why socrates tried to replicate his penalty in the poland game against joel bats in the shoot out against france.. Bats knew what coming.. I would say brazil 86 were unlucky not to beat france and brazil 82 were sloppy and careless against italy ... Josimars goals in 86 were in the class of 1982 but carecas goal against france was up there with any goal i ever saw.. Junior and mullers quick passing in a tight space to open up the french defence remains one of my favourite ever goals.. Football at its finest

9. giles varley

giles varley Member+

Oct 8, 2013
    nottingham uk
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I never said R9 went missing ! i am an R9 fan - he was a brilliant player.. I am just stating that Rivaldo was the best player in that tournament for me and alot of other people.. This isnt about trying to discredit R9 its about opinions and what actually happened

10. greatstriker11

greatstriker11 Member+

Apr 19, 2013
    london
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    And it is what Felipe Scolari stated!

Here is the hard evidence that you @Dagoods have missed seeing.

Brazil most respected football coach Scolari's own public statement to the press.

"I know many people praise Ronaldo for that WC, but I never hid my opinion on this subject. Tatically and for the team, Rivaldo was the best players of that WC. IMO, Ronaldo was our second best player in that WC. Some people praise Ronaldo as the best player of that WC due to his history, his recovery from a serious injury when many doubted him. He had some great games there, but always restricted to his role as scorer. When we needed something special, someone who could play different roles for the team, someone who could dominate the games in our favor, it was Rivaldo who was able to do that. And if you don´t know, when we played against China, Rivaldo could have take the PK, but he passed that chance for Ronaldinho. The game was already 2-0 for us and he said to Ronaldinho: "go ahead kid, score this one. No problem if you miss". In that moment, he chose to give confidence for the kid instead of fight for the top scorer title. So, he was primarily a team player and hence deserves many praises"

http://mais.uol.com.br/view/t2pjn3v...aldo-na-copa-de-2002-0402396AD0994346?types=A

gilmour86,Today at 1:36 AM

So now, I hope your confusion is cleared and we can stop bragging about myths.

For the NT02 coach has spoken!

giles varley repped this.
  11. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    #3437 JamesBH11, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    WRONG fact sorry ... who are a lot? you greateststriker Pipiolo and Gilmour? LOL
    May be you meant more then one is "a lot" ???

Well base on your comment, " alot" of MiddleEast people might Think Owairan might be teh best player at WC94? or "a lot" of Russian think Salenko is the best player of WC94? SO?

I do not care who you rated as better (I can not change people taste's from chicken soup to SuShi as what is better) but never claim something none existence!

12. giles varley

giles varley Member+

Oct 8, 2013
    nottingham uk
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What on earth are you talking about james ? What did i say in my comment that could have offended anyone ?!! Tell me what was wrong with what i said ?

13. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    You did not offend anyone (including me)
    but your comment (*maybe you did not mean so? ) claimed that "alot " of people also rated Rivaldo as better player in WC2002 was ... actually non fact ... (that's my reply)

14. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Which Russians believe Salenko was the best player of WC94? :rolleyes: No one, just like in Sao Paolo they know Rivaldo was Brazil's best player in WC02.

@JamesBH11 fanboy defense of Ronaldo is bordering on intolerance.

@giles varley @greatstriker11

15. greatstriker11

greatstriker11 Member+

Apr 19, 2013
    london
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Giles, what is wrong is James's head.

He and his new ally (Dagoods) are arguing for the sake of arguing. They are not receiving. They are not responding.

all James does is pretending that he is the only one here entitled to claim facts while he himself has not produced factual evidence himself. He demanded facts and proofs from our side. When we finally gave him one in Scolari's own statement he refuted and contested even Scolari. So we have got no hope to reason with this little child in a man's body.

I keep repeating, I do not know why we are here any more. It's not about Ro-Ro or R9 vs Rivaldo any more either. It is about James ego. It's about him making statements and disagreeing with us for the sake of disagreeing.

He is too deep into his R9 fanatism to be flexible or receptive to really listen to what others have to say.

James...

You are a big liar. You are not what you claim to be. You have not been to Brazil like you claimed. You have not seen Pele playing life in a stadium like you have claimed. And you are not even a football coach like you have claimed.

What you are is nothing but a charlatan!

And people lets take our business somewhere else. Before this fanboy lower our reputation even further.

@Pipiolo @giles varley @Jaweirdo @Bruford

Pipiolo repped this.
  16. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    thank you to bring back those "unknown" Sao Paolo (who and how many) who thought rivaldo was better than Ronaldo ??? - so I sarcastically used the same logic of defense to say (some) alot of Russian might think Salenko wa sthe best at Wc94 (scoring 5goals = romario = Baggo = no shame at all to mention)

I do not have to defend anything for Ronaldo at WC2002:
    FIFA recorded in The World cup history:
    - Silverball (unfairly) at Wc2002 plus two MoM in SF and Final game
    - FIRST ever to break the 6goals curse (Wc topscorer = even Romario failed to reach WC94) since Wc74 of Lato's 7

17. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sao Paolo has a museum stating this, you read @gilmour86 post just like I did.

You will twist and shake any arguments just so to defend your idol, am done with you.

@greatstriker11 @Bruford

18. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    yeah right ... are you that NAIVE??? when you take off your sunglasses???

Ronaldo was not my idol... (Cruijff, Maradona and Pele). add Zico/Platini too ...
    Basten and Romario could be my idol as well ... but Maradona was still playing at time that's why ... :giggle::confused:
    I stopped playing when Ronaldo became a star ... that's why :p:ROFLMAO:

19. giles varley

giles varley Member+

Oct 8, 2013
    nottingham uk
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Of course alot of people rated rivaldos performance in 2002 above R9s...
    I know - as does pipiolo and greatstriker that R9 was a great player.. Thats not up for debate.. I just think rivaldo was the best player at the 2002 world cup... I think the only way this debate ( if thats what it is ) is gonna be decided is by having a fight to the death.. No eye poking no ball grabbing and no hair pulling.. I will meet you under the statue of christ the redeemer next wednesday ok

Pipiolo repped this.
  20. greatstriker11

greatstriker11 Member+

Apr 19, 2013
    london
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Considering his lack of knowledge on all things Brazilian. Ask him first in which country the statue of "Christ the redeemer" is located first. :giggle:

You might not want to end up stranded there with no James in sight.:whistling:

@Pipiolo :D:D

21. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    :D

22. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL, to be fair @JamesBH11 loves Brazil the way I love Argentina (I love Brazil too by the way!) without being natives. I have been lucky to visit both countries a few times.

PS: I've been to the Netherlands too.

23. greatstriker11

greatstriker11 Member+

Apr 19, 2013
    london
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Or we can let Romario and Ronaldo fight on, on our behalf....

Hahahaha!!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

@Pipiolo @JamesBH11

24. greatstriker11

greatstriker11 Member+

Apr 19, 2013
    london
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Pipiolo repped this.