Emerging Portuguese Players 2013/14 WC Year

Discussion in 'Portugal: National Teams' started by The Special One, Jun 30, 2013.

1. J.P.

J.P. Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Let's just hope he "stays" Portuguese, growing up in Spain.

2. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Look am a Benfica supporter, but Cavaleiro has, strategical sense, see todays game. Excellent team player, hopeful much better than Varela who I really like.

3. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    They paid a lot to his family to make them move there. They come from a really poor background so making money fast instead of leaving him at a good academy like Sporting was their priority.

4. J.P.

J.P. Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Club:
    FC Porto
    So why not just go back there now? Lol

I just hope if he pans out that he remains Portuguese at heart.

5. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I guess they're still paying them. And apparently is little brother is just as good.

6. J.P.

J.P. Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Do you have any link to him?

7. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    You're asking if I've got a video of the kid? Or if I know them? No to both.

The other day Sporting's u13s were playing Malaga's u13s on the final of the Torneio da Pontinha and the game was on TV. Neither Alfredo nor is little brother - whose name I can't remember - are in the u13s, but the commentators were talking about them and saying that they had been talking to Malaga's managers about them. That's how I know those things.

8. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005
    Alfredo plays in the u15s not sure about his brother.

9. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005
    U17s won 2-0 in pretty convincing fashion against a very good Scottish side in the first matchday of the European championships. In the other group match Switzerland and Germany drew 1 a piece setting up a possible early qualification for the Seleccao against a Swiss side who disposed of Spain in the elite round. Sanches and Mata scored but in reality it could of been more with some more incise decision making and clinical finishing.

10. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I wasn't too impressed with our team. We lacked some magic. Renato Sanches was our best player, he's very incisive and gifted.

11. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005
    They weren't at their best but still a pretty cruise victory against a Scotland side everyone was raving about. Agree on the Renato Sanches,

12. J.P.

J.P. Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Club:
    FC Porto
    João Cancelo had some serious flashes against Porto today.

13. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Beleneneses have been poor this season but goodness sime if their young guns looked good

14. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005
    Braga have pinched the Juniores title from benfica, congratulations and hopefully some of these kids can be bedded into the b team next season and perhaps get some first team experience.

Moretto u16s side have won a tournament that included France, Italy and Turkey, this age bracket will have the chance to qualify for the u-17s World Cup and once Idrisa recovers fully from his injury they will be a tough prospect for anyone to face.

15. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Braga has produced somebgood players over the year good example is Tiago

16. Dan82

Dan82 Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Braga's star player at the Junior level, 17 year old, Gil Dias is already being linked with some big teams like Manchester City.

http://www.record.xl.pt/Futebol/Nacional/1a_liga/sporting_braga/interior.aspx?content_id=879475

http://www.ojogo.pt/Futebol/1a_liga/sporting_braga/interior.aspx?content_id=3837144

The Special One repped this.
  17. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005
    More recently the investment in the youth is starting to pay dividends.

18. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    hopefully these youth teams produce a striker soon

19. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Portugal u17 beat Switzerland 1-0, and Scotland beat Germany 1-0. I guess that makes Portugals 2-0 over Scotland a bit more impressive. Either way we have locked our place in the semis. With the u19 looking the best team in last years euros plus this group, the future continues to look promising.

CDPontaDelgada repped this.
  20. The Special One

The Special One Member+

Aug 6, 2005
    1995 and 1996 are very good years as swell and as I said before 98 is allSo a very strong year.

21. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I expect the likes of ToZe, Bernardo Silva, Bruma, Mane, Tiago Ferreira, Jose Postiga , Rony Lopes, Paulo Oliveira, Flavio Ferreira, Ricardo Horta, Rafa Silva I can honestly say we have so much talent that I feel like talent wise and what they will produce will upstage any expectation too bad Ronaldo will be old by the time these guys kill it I expect the 2018 cycle to be out best yet we have so much quality coming out we are in the same talent pool as Beligium, Serbia and the other up and up teams

22. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hell, it's so much talent lately that I'm starting to find it difficult to name all the promising players.

CDPontaDelgada repped this.
  23. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Daniel Carrico will be a future captain. He is developed quite nicely. He was hated in the Sporting forum.

24. gutter_trash

gutter_trash Member

Aug 7, 2011
    Montreal
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Beto has shot up in my esteem during today's Europa Final for Seville. He staved off Benfica's offence and won the penalties (Benfica muffed that up mostly). I'm not a fan of Rui Patricio, he allowed more goals in the Euro 2012 than Eduardo allowed in WC 2010.

25. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Beto is better than Patricio. Patricio is a poor mans De Gea. But Patricio is gonna start