The Brazil NSR "Chat" thread

Discussion in 'Brazil NSR' started by Mengão86, Jun 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Way I see it, Bridgewater and Carr are the only two prospects I'd consider starter-quality right now. I'm very much a believer that Manziel will crash and burn in the NFL. He's very much a boom-or-bust proposition. Firstly, he's a run-first QB who relies on his running ability to create, leaving the pocket when he clearly has a much cleaner one than he"ll ever have at the pro level. Immediately that sets off tons of alarm bells for me. I know the new idea is QBs that can pass and run. Thing is, Russell Wilson is a substantially superior passer than I ever expect Johnny to be, and he only runs when he's about to be sacked and presure is in his face. Same with Newton, who was also way more athletic than Manziel is. Kaepernick gets away with it to a certain extent because of how exceptional his supporting cast is, but he also has a cannon arm that can thread the ball through windows Manziel could only dream of. Manziel is an undersized, run-first QB that relies on athleticism and running around in a league where stronger faster, and bigger run-first QBs have failed and doesn't have NFL-ready skills in the pocket. That's my assessment.

2. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Is Derrick Carr really someone you can trust? Look at how he played against Usc's defense. Your right about Russel Wilson, he has always played in a structured and controlled style so he is much different than Manziel. I hope the vikings snatch Bridgewater now that i'm hearing 2nd rd.

3. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Manziel's success clearly depends on the team, situation and scheme he goes into. He improved last season with his reads and not running the first opportunity he gets. He's a smart player but he will need to take less risks/gambles at the pro level.

Seattle's setup was tailor made for Russell Wilson. If he went to a real rebuilding project where they would rely on his arm more, he would be in trouble.

NotreDameFlamengo repped this.
  4. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
  5. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I wish. They don't really exist. There's a Brazilian bakery in Wheaton that's ok. Other than that, there aren't any around. There's a restaurant in DC (Ipanema Grill) that's good and a handful of churrascarias. You might have a better chance finding something better in Virginia.

How was the drive on 95 last week?

6. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I love Carr's skillset, and Stafford proves you can make up for mechanical imperfections with a very strong arm and a quick release and continue to be productive in the NFL. He may not be best under pressure, but Fresno State's offensive line was hardly a juggernaut to help him with that. Put him under center with a decent-to-good offensive line and he will thrive IMO. Having said that, I didn't watch the Vegas bowl, but I'll see if I can find it somewhere and watch if I have some time.

7. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I'll save you the time, David Carr's lil bro struggles mightily against a very mediocre and seemingly make shift USC defense. lol

8. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yea and it was the only game I watched of his so pretty much all I have to go on. Plus USC is built more like an NFL defense than what Fresno St plays.

9. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    I don't trust any QB with the last name Carr.

10. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Thanks. We were just looking for something quick after a stop at the consulate. But after that shithow, we just took off, and hit up the wegmans in Virginia. Im always surprised at the lack of por kilos in every large city, but there are always numerous overpriced below average to shitty rodizios.

The drive on 95 wasn't that bad bc we left NC late. Coming back on Friday it was a parking lot to Richmond.

11. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    DC consulate? That's not too far from the Grill from Ipanema, but I'm not sure if you would think it's overpriced.

Yeah, Richmond is always the worst. Last year, I went to VA Beach and the backup was always at Richmond.

12. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    That's too bad. In Massachusetts, there are some decent spots. Downtown there's Fogo Do Chao which opened up maybe a year or so ago. Though it's wildly overpriced. Cambridge has Midwest Grill which is ok but maybe too salty, and a Muqueca's which is actually very good, but they jacked their prices about 15-20% since I last went there. But per kilo is risky. Some places suck. Marlborough and Framingham have some decent place(s), as does Everett. But that's about it. Some of the hole in the wall places around Boston or Framingham & Marlborough, let alone Lowell, are awful.

But if you go to Massachusetts again, there are some ok bakeries. Framingham has maybe 2 good ones, Marlborough has 1 but I don't like it - by 10:00 in the morning they don't have any more pao de queijo... which is annoying... how the hell can a bakery not make enough of the item that sells most? I think Brazil will probably play in Boston again - they've had maybe 3 games in Gillette Stadium since 2007, and they usually sell well. I didn't go to the Portugal game last year, but did make it to the Brazil/Mexico game in 2007 I think. Anything there will be a 'home' game for Brazil. lol

13. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I was in the Boston area two summers ago and went to a few restaurants in the Boston and Somerville area. Unfortunately, I also happened to get a stomach flu there, so I didn't get to take full advantage of the number of Brazilian food options up there. One of the places sold wine under the table (didn't have a license to sell it and have it taken off premises) and told us to be very careful taking it back lol.

Ironically, I'd like to make a visit up there again and a Seleção game would give me a good excuse to do so.

14. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Yikes! The wine bit doesn't sprurpse me. There was, not coincidentally, a place called Ipanema's in Framingham too a few years ago but they lost their liquor license for something like that. Somerville has a place called "Oliveira's" that was pretty good when I went there. But you know how it is... another Oliveira's opened up in Framingham, and it was mediocre. Couldn't believe how disappointing it was. Couldn't be consistent. Now it's a Mexican place. Probably packed today.

Send me a note for the next match if you head up. I'll probably still be here then, and we churrasco, etc. prior.

Mengão86 repped this.
  15. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    @Mengão86 How about them Bullets Wizards. I haven't been following the NBA at all, but how did they turn the team around. Seems like they made some very decisions in bringing guys in.

16. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ernie Grunfeld looks like a genius with some of the trades he made. He traded for Nene, got Gortat and Ariza in a trade. His drafting record sucks though and landed Beal and Wall because they weren't can't miss guys. Otto Porter hasn't given us nothing. Vessly was a bum.

I was disappointed that we couldn't get a second game in Indiana last night (and we let Hibbert look good). I hope we can take care of business and win 2 in DC.

Let's see if Philly's tank job will work out in their favor. A very nice draft compared to recent drafts for tanking.

17. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    What's the deal with the avatar @celito ? 35? Did we miss a birthday? You're older than I thought :p

18. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Let's just say you'll find out tomorrow ... ;)

19. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Come on man... if you don't know what it means you're not obsessed enough!

celito repped this.
  20. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    countdown

celito repped this.
  21. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Usually, it's a big deal when celito changes his avatar. It's requires effort, but this is going to require daily effort :p

Ombak repped this.
  22. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  23. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Bortles to the Jags. :ROFLMAO:

Mack probably going to the Bills...

24. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It's a pain to always keep reducing the size to 10k. But I will fight through it.

25. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I was going to put this up, but I thought ... too cheesy :ROFLMAO: