Friendly vs. Greece

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by msilverstein47, Mar 6, 2014.

1. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. MADPUPPY

MADPUPPY Member

Apr 4, 2000
    Anyone going?

3. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I am thinking about it....

But I have to see who else of my buddies want to go. Given that it happens on a Friday--messes with things.

4. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Wasn't Bolivia going to play two friendlies in that time frame? or is there a friendly in May

5. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    You are correct, they play Spain on May 30th in Seville, and then Greece in NYC.

6. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Both games will be on ESPN Deportes.

7. Boliviasoccerboy91

Nov 5, 2009
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    I'm excited for these friendlies though I expected a different callup. We are using experience on this one.

5-3-2

GK- Rommel Quinonez
    CB- Ronald Equino
    CB- Ronald Raldes
    CB- Luis Gutierrez
    RB/RM- Diego Bejarano
    LB/LM- Marvin Bejarano
    CM- Damir Miranda
    CM- Alejandro Chumacero (Melean or Danny Bejarano)
    Enganche- Mojica (Cardozo or Arze)
    FW- Juan Carlos Arce
    FW- Marcelo Martins

If we can play Argentina and tie them with the attack they have then we can do the same with Spain, Especially Greece too.

The Spanish mids dont like being physical so Im hopeful Danny Bejarano plays there.
    Enganche position is tough, Callejon in Bolivar makes the rest move. I would hope for Arze.
    Diego Bejarano is probably the weakest link. Jordi Alba is too fast for him and even Pedro could expose him.
    Other then that, if we keep the defense solid. The passes wont go in. Spain doesnt cross the ball. Organization will be crucial like Bolivar. The weak side of Spain is probably the right. Hope Bolivia takes this game serious and not for $.

8. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    This are not Fifa dates correct? You can scratch Moreno from the list. He is their starter as of now and has scored in each of the last two games. Can the coach call someone else up or is he stuck using only the players he originally called up? If he can replace, I hope we see Pinedo there.

9. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea--Marcelo Moreno supposedly sent a letter to the FBF to keep him out of these friendlies.

10. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    got my tickets.. relatively cheap, good midfield seats for 70 bucks

Saltenya94 and Bolivianfuego repped this.
  11. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Confirmed, M3 will be playing in these friendlies.

Hope they show well. Wish the Spain game was in the states.

12. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Just so you guys know the Bolivia Spain friendly will be on Espn Deportes. I did c that Marcelo was with the squad and traveled. Does any one here feel like they will get KILLED by Spain's team?
    This is Spain's list :
    [​IMG]

13. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I hope we put in a good showing. Paraguay bought a u23 squad essentially that is holding their own in recent friendlies.

14. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  15. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Now that I see the Spain lineup it hurts me to say it.....but we're in for a rough one. The main problem is that there are no midfielders like say El Diablo or Baldivieso . I don't think any of our guys now could keep position consistently, which is key against a team who does so well with the ball like Spain. I still reserve some hope that at least on a one v one situation someone like Arascaita can juke the pants off of a Spanish defender ...lol. Inevitably I'll be suffering through this one holding on to hope for a good showing.

16. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Expect a bunker and counter attacking style similar to Bolivar's. We did it vs. Lanus, and I am sure he will look for us to do that as a NT vs. Spain.

We will give up all the possession if we can just break on counter attacks.

17. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Not sure we have that Ferreira or even Callejon type player to push a counter.

18. MarcoM3

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I got my tickets. I have a 14 hour travel time, including layovers, and I am meeting my brother, cousins, son and nephew in NYC, all traveling from different parts of the world. After watching the game against Spain, I got hopes for a decent game against Greece.
    It better be worth my trip.
    Then again, I always say that every time I make plans to travel to see these guys play...

Emperor Adriano repped this.
  19. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    I chuckled at the bolded. They do love to disappoint when they travel to the states.

You sir deserve the fan of the year award. 14 hr travel time is insane. Mis respetos.

20. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Let a brother know if anyone hears of caravans or mass transportation for Bolivians to the game from the DMV. I work till noon on Friday. And I'm not looking forward to the 41/2 hour drive by myself. Please post if anyone knows anything. I'm willing to pay and buy beer for the ride up to the game.

21. MarcoM3

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Just got into Miami International Airport. Waiting about three hours for my flight to JFK. I think I am going to start my drinking now...
    Those who are going tomorrow, I hope to meet most if not all of you!

nanoGVSP repped this.
  22. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Stuck in traffic on the NJ turnpike, two hours after the game. I feel ready to comment on this game played tonight to a small crowed of mostly Greek fans with a few pockets of Bolivians. Well this game means nothing to either teams. I saw nothing special from anyone wearing green. Arce was by far the best player on the field for la verde, M3 did his usual hard running and hustle. Chumacero ran like a mad man, he did have some interesting collaborating plays with Arce, Mojica and the Bejaranos. Mojica, Mellan, Aguino and Gutierrez by far the worst players on the pitch tonight. Our defense sucked except for the wing backs and Raldes. Which is sad because Raldes has not being playing good for OP and he is 34-35. Not disappointed however I accept that our team is in a 20 year rebuild phase. Which has gone full cycle back to Azkargorta. Villegas is out of the picture now that he has reneged and took the OP job. Where we go from here, he'll I don't know. My highlight was watching Arasciata run on my side of the pitch, even though he got only 2 touches. I got my hopes and Copa America 2015 dreams on his shoulders. My lowlight was watching security force the Gloriosa Ultra Sur fans take their banner down before the match and allow the dozens of Greek banners to remain posted all around the field. Overall Bolivia played it safe and showed nothing new or any signs of turning in any kind of direction.

23. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Just saw the highlights but honestly can't really tell much from them. So two friendlies to losses, kinda sucks. Even the Spain game doesn't seem that impressive, the friggin Salvadoreans with a bunch of kids and brand new players had the Spaniards tied 0-0 until the second half yesterday.

20 yr rebuild phase is pretty accurate. Can't say I'm too optimistic going forward. My hats off to you gents that made the trip.