Pre-match: CL 1/2 FINALS 1ST LEG |FC Bayern München-Real Madrid | 4.23.14

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by P to the Wee, Apr 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Gustavo would've been red-carded before that match was over.

anticule and Dhajj repped this.
  2. Nermin Kolašinac

Jun 5, 2013
    Lahmfan's crib
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    probably yes

anticule and Romanero repped this.
  3. humin12

humin12 Member+

Sep 20, 2008
    Ferguson, Missouri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I might be wrong but Gustavo never got red carded at Bayern. The man is a beast of a destroyer, I say it once more but he ate the likes of Sneijder, Ozil, Silva, and the like. Martinez was even a step back defensively from him but it was his passing that separated him from Gustavo and now they want him in the starting XI because he is the epitome of 'physicality' and 'Juup ball' apparently.

4. plyka

plyka Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Let's be honest, bayern fans are the worst when it comes to this. Especially recently, I've seen that dhaji guy in every other forum after that team loses patting them on the back in condescending fashion. Looks like last years CL win and this years media hype has really given you guys confidence.

Romanero and Tobias19 repped this.
  5. humin12

humin12 Member+

Sep 20, 2008
    Ferguson, Missouri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol Dhajj is the nicest guy on here, I assure you I don't think he's being condescending.

anticule, Romanero, Boandlkramer and 4 others repped this.
  6. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anybody have stats on Ribery successful dribbles. Alaba attacked and led the counter more then him. His role has changed recently and he has not grasped at all yet

7. RoyalWhites

RoyalWhites Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am just going to repeat what most people have said -or- not. Pep and Bayern was a bad marriage from the get-go. I remember when it was announced that a CL winning team was going to get Pep, I didn't think of it as an improvement, but how he was going to hold the team back.

Bayern was much more entertaining last season. It could be Pep's fault or not but I do know that Bayern isn't the same team as last year. This is either due to coaching or just the effects of having to play in the CL and winning it, and trying to repeat. Bayern has been playing in a lot of game for the last two seasons. It is hard to keep your form during this span.

I don't know....is it due to the long season and the obstacles that come with winning -or- Pep ruining the team. Bayern no longer resembles German soccer. Basically, they don't seem to play like they are use to playing. It feels like Barca-East.

Romanero repped this.
  8. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is a Pep thread

anticule, Romanero and Matakos repped this.
  9. Obsidian

Obsidian Member

Apr 22, 2012
    near Munich
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We lost, and we deserved to loose. I´m on you guys on the fact, that this team doesn´t seem as strong as last season. But it was absolutley necessary to give the team new fresh impulse to keep them on track. We´ve been on track for a long range of the season, and now - for the very first time since a long, long time - we´re stuck in a little slump.

Obviously, our Barca 2.0 Tiki Taka won´t do miracles for us, which is clearly visible in an game against the first real competition this season. The midfield acts way to slow and our offense is non-existend (exept for Robben). Seeing our Midfield last night was not really a joy, if you keep in mind that we bossed Real´s midfield two years ago and Barcelona´s midfield last year. Clearly, our team NEEDS Pep to be on his A-Game in behalf of tactics for Tuesday. Guardiola has to show that he is no one-trick-pony and give the team some new formation. Tiki Taka doesn´t cut it for me and won´t cut it for Real Madrid.

I won´t say that everything was plain bad yesterday - it wasn´t. But we have to upshift two gears for the match next week. Every player on the pitch has to be 120% focused and Pep HAS to bring some game plan on, other than that - we´re pretty much out.

10. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No disrespect, but his plan B has always sucked. It was basically "Get Pique in Attack, start crossing the ball".

11. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    judging by the amount of rep trolling I received the last few hours speaks volumes about the niveau of Real madrid supporters on this board so don't come in here and talk about "condescending"

anticule, Romanero and Minttunator repped this.
  12. Obsidian

Obsidian Member

Apr 22, 2012
    near Munich
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I know. I still actually have faith, that Pep is intelligent enough to know, that he has to have some more in hand for his future as coach (at Bayern and afterwards). I also expect him to include Götze more to his offense. Dude is a weapon unused.

13. Hendrik

Hendrik Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Deutschland
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kalle: Lads, I have one thing to tell you: I got up out of my seat in the VIP box after the match and my impression was that the Real Madrid bosses weren’t happy. They know what they can expect in Munich on Tuesday. Their trip to Dortmund was still a comfortable prospect by comparison. We’ll show them that Bayern Munich have real quality at home, and it’ll remind them a bit of hell. We and the fans will push you along.

http://www.fcbayern.de/en/news/news/2014/rummenigge-banquet-speech-in-madrid-240414.php

Matthias Sammer: “We’ve lost 1–0. That’s a fact. We were dominant and controlled the play, but not the result. I don’t think any Bayern team has ever been so dominant here at the Bernabéu. But we have to turn it round in the return, we need ruthless finishing, and we need the crowd behind us. We can do it.“

Pep Guardiola: “It was a difficult match and the result is not satisfactory. We wanted a match where we controlled possession and made good transitions. We managed that to a certain extent. But our finishing let us down. Madrid always play like that. They let you play, but when they recover possession they charge upfield. They’re hard to stop because they’re so quick. But I’m very proud of my team. We dominated the game here at the Bernabéu. We’ve failed to score but we still have the return fixture. We’ll need two or three goals, and we need our fans at the Allianz Arena in the return.”

Philipp Lahm: “We lacked the little bit of luck you need and the killer attacking moves. You could see we were determined to win for the full 90 minutes. We knew Real would play defensively and use their superb counter-attacking players. We tried to stop them hitting us on the break. We succeeded at times, and at other times we didn’t. We were obviously hoping for a different result, but we have every chance of winning by two clear goals at home. I’ll go back to Munich feeling positive. Anything is possible at the Allianz Arena. We’ve often shown we’re capable of turning matches around.“

Manuel Neuer: “Real defended well and looked to hit us on the break, as we knew they would. It was tough for us, but we’ve still done a good job against these world-class players. We’re expecting the return to be similar. We have to prise them apart and create chances. We have to maintain concentration when we have the ball so we don’t get hit on the break. There’s everything to play for.“

Arjen Robben: “Overall I have to say all credit to the team. We gave it our best shot, we kept going and playing football, although we should have increased the pace at times. It’s a shame we’ve not scored. Centimetres make the difference, as we saw with Mario Götze’s chance in the second half. If one of those goes in we’d say it’s a good result. Real are incredibly dangerous on the break with so much pace and quality. But we’ll really go for it at home next week. I’m still positive and we go home now with plenty of belief.“

Thomas Müller: “Imagine this: Real Madrid pull everyone back to within 40 yards of their own goal on their home ground. We kept on battering away, and we were close to scoring at the end. We’ve not done so and we have to make up for that in the return. I think Real showed us massive respect. We need to turn that into goals next Tuesday. We have a huge task ahead of us.”

http://www.fcbayern.de/en/news/news/2014/real-bayern-reaction-230414.php

14. Matakos

Matakos Member+

May 18, 2009
    Macedonia, Greece
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I have noticed this as well. We have drastically reduced our long diagonal passes from the CB's for some reason. Maybe it's Pep's idea of evolving us but I'm not sure it has helped us. We were more unpredictable with our long balls a couple of months ago

anticule, Romanero and AllReD repped this.
  15. albert_mk87

albert_mk87 Member+

Aug 27, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yes even that is getting facked up, we rarely play long balls now just look at the game instead of Neuer trying to kick the ball to Mandzo or Muller he passes sideways to Boateng and Dante while there are 3,4 Real Madrid players near them and they end up giving the ball to Real or making some weird attempt to shot the ball forward under pressure

I thought Pep would have imrpoved that like people said we are weaker when the other teams presses up high the pitch plus Lahm is playing there so that he can play the ball faster, but i think we are even weaker in that regard than last year

Romanero and vinontop repped this.
  16. Matakos

Matakos Member+

May 18, 2009
    Macedonia, Greece
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Some people seem to be watching different games. I also don't get the Lahm blaming he was our best player in the first half

anticule, Romanero and humin12 repped this.
  17. Tobias19

Tobias19 Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Sweden
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Its sad to see Bayern play tiki-taka, they were so much better 2012-2013

Although they won the league so early, it feels like they have lost their attacking flair

18. Obsidian

Obsidian Member

Apr 22, 2012
    near Munich
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, personally I´m with you there, but on the other hand: if you have watched some Bayern Tiki-Taka Games earlier this season, we were far more dangerous in attack. Ribery is a shadow of himself right now and our midfield was just unbelieveably static last night. We really miss us some Thiago right now.

Nobody know how we would have faired with old line up and old system in this season, nobody can acutally say that it would´ve been more sucessful. Still, I think Pep has to show some flexibility in playing different opponents. There are opponents that collapse under Tiki Taka, and other one that don´t. His task is to define other tactics for those games - something I always thought he couldn´t do at Barcelona.

19. Tobias19

Tobias19 Member+

Feb 2, 2014
    Sweden
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    As you say, Tiki-Taka works on some teams, but it feels like that tactic is not working anymore against top teams.

Ribery played really bad as well, might have something with that injury he picked up some months ago?

Romanero repped this.
  20. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Unbelievable how last year always serves as supposed blue print for a supposed better play. It is always comes around as if those making that claim have absolutely no clue about how Bayern played last year and always exclusively refer to the performance vs Barca in the semis because that are the few Bayern games they've actually watched. But I'll be nice and give a hint: Bayern played already tiki-taka last year

anticule, Romanero, FCB_KVB and 6 others repped this.
  21. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only read this page, so I am sure it is "end of the world" stuff on the others...

All is not lost. I agree with Kalle's quote in Hendrik's post. There is so much to play for. Yet I too have my concerns...

- the high defensive line... I mean really? At what point does the LVG-style arrogance that Barca possession swaggers about with that doesn't look itself in the mirror and say... "you know what, every loss we have is due to the exact same thing... (crickets)"... I mean, watch the runs Real made at us - always two forwards running right in between both center backs. Why not with the two in Real's half of the field on countless occasions.

- the CM grouping... it was all wrong. As mentioned before or in another thread, a Thiago-type midfielder we are missing in this scheme of Pep's and instead we have slower more methodical CM's. Playing Kroos and Schweini together is just not quick enough. Or perhaps they just weren't playing the ball quick enough yesterday. We never really sprang our own wingers...

-...because again, our possession is so high up the pitch that it never invites opposition to come out of the parking garage (penalty area) and play. Jupp's system would sit a little deeper with Martinez swarming the halfline, and even sit further back and allow teams to advance up the pitch, then smash them with the middle press and counter.
    We are so high up the pitch that there is no room left to make our wingers that much more effective and to get in behind the backline...

- The substitutions... need to happen sooner. Period. Ribery was off all day, but not sure he needed to be the first to come off, but he did need to come off. This is a tell-tale sign of how the day is going when Franck has to exit the pitch first.

Again, I could go on but likely repeating what was said prior.

The game in Munich will be a spectacle. Hopefully Bayern can rise to the occasion. I am confident we can score goals, but they must be early and not leave them late. I am not as confident that we won't concede, in which case we will need 3 goals to advance.

Bayern dusel is needed more than ever.

anticule, Romanero, Fussballer and 4 others repped this.
  22. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well said.

The enemy now have that blueprint and the same methods beat it time and time and time again. This is my frustration with the current style. That and we provide teams less opportunities, yet leak goals...???... WTF.

anticule, Romanero and vinontop repped this.
  23. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't think there is a blueprint on how to beat that Bayern system expect maybe for BVB high pressing approach which always caused trouble the last few years. It is more that Bayern somehow became without realizing it the victims of their own success. When even normally super cocky Real Madrid at home isn't even remotely interested in making the game or resp. create an open duel and rather sits back with two 4-men lines is telling somehow in the sense of what kind of respect Bayern earned the last few years. The problem herein lies imo in the approach on how Bayern responds to that defensive adaption to their own system. So far it looks like that the "taking even less risks" approach (making less runs offensively on the wings, playing only sideways in midfield center, less through-balls, etc.) - see for instance the ManU games in which Pep, used the FBs as CMs in posession - Bayern is using is backfiring completely, which is odd in the sense you describe it. Why are we leaking goals with that? And to be honest I don't have a complete answer to that except for too many players lack individually their best form and that keeps the team from functioning as well as it could

Romanero, Fernando_Bayern_BR and Matakos repped this.
  24. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I really don't think you know me very well to make that judgement..

25. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Again.. You must have not watched bayern much last season or all the ones before when LVG took over..

The sad part is many neutrals use the barca series as any indication of how we actually play..

Pep was the perfect fit for us from all the available coaches.

He made us much more fluid and unpredictable then last year..

Plus it seems that most people don't know, but we were missing half a team last half. Yet we still managed an unbeaten record in virtually all comps and won the league in record time..

Then all of a sudden we just stayed in 2nd gear, from that point on.

Romanero repped this.