Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich | UEFA Champions League Semi-Finals - 1st Leg|4.23.14[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, Apr 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karthik

Karthik Member

Jun 23, 2007
    India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  2. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll do the same for your nonsense about the CBs as well then. If you can't give Pepe some love after the season he has had to this point, you aren't being open minded at all. The guy has had an impeccable season for this club, has been a rock. Every defender you can think of has mistakes made EVERY season just like Pepe and Ramos. Again, give me Pepe right now over Ramos if I had to choose. Both are still top notch and a lot if you chumps that shit on Pepe in the summer and wanted him out should thank the man for holding down the fort this season on the backline.

Guy can't get love no matter what from some people. He is the defensive Benzema round here...

RMSocrates, libertao, raven3k and 3 others repped this.
  3. Karthik

Karthik Member

Jun 23, 2007
    India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  4. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004

Pepe has been imperious much of this season, its amazing how Ramos gets a comparatively free pass while every mistake Pepe makes is seen as proof that he sucks. Probably the thing I appreciate the most about Pepe is his drive and effort, he fights and never gives up. :thumbsup:

Edit:

speaking of Pepe do we know how serious his injury is?

surgeon repped this.
  5. Madridi

Madridi Member

Sep 15, 2005
    The 971
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's been a few years since Ive posted anything here. But really wanted to share how I felt last night...

upload_2014-4-24_12-15-46.png

babai_here repped this.
  6. RoyalWhites

RoyalWhites Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [​IMG]

Proud of my favorite team.

7. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am not trying to bash Benzema as he was good last night. I do think that he was the player that hurt our counterattacks the most. Every time he got the ball, he would stop and go for a pass that usually failed. Why doesn't he just take on a player and try to get past him?!?

Thank God he scored that tap in anyway. Coentrao was like a beast in that action. I think that was his only contribution to offense in his time here.

Carlo is winning me over slowly. He showed that he isn't a stubborn coach who won't adapt. I guess the good thing about the 3-4 loss to Barca is that he saw that the way to beat tiki-kaka you have to defend instead of attacking carelessly. Well done.

Chinky24 repped this.
  8. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Maestro Modric:

The video doesn't do justice to his performance.

9. RoyalWhites

RoyalWhites Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not saying that I am the most intelligent poster on here but I should get some credit for my analysis before and during the game.

I have said it since the game against Barca that we are the only team that can successfully play an open style, possession style and defensive style. We play these styles and can do it successfully. A team like Chelsea can park the bus but can't score.

We can have an open game, like the one against Barca, and score. We can play a possession game and score. We can also play a defensive game and be great at it.

Anyways, what I was saying is the don't be surprised when we play a defensive game against Bayern. We can win this way. Many fans might not like it because it is not aesthetically pleasing but it gets results. We are the only team left that is built like a champion.

I am proud to witness what's going on in the last couple of weeks after that La Liga debacle.

I am the front runner for rookie poster of the year.

Real_Madrid_for_life repped this.
  10. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's not an analysis. It's an observation.

11. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    Few more praying baby pictures and it's all yours.

Chinky24, sleepyvato50, 9Qui and 3 others repped this.
  12. nicafornica

nicafornica Member+

Jun 7, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Had a good time yesterday,

I take that back about the shitty hotel. It is a nice hotel in a damn nice area. Like I said nothing bad about Europe just used to big rooms like in USA.

Anyways the hotel bar got packed pretty good which made the experience better. Not too many girls though. I saw enter, i put my sagres beer down to wipe off the beer of my lips and do an expression i always do with my lips when i see a damn pretty girl.

Then getting ready thinking in portuguse already

Hello, (I ond't know how to say hello in portuguese, feck me right)
    qual e seu nome? (this one worked as soon as i got to the airport, with one pretty lady name adrianni, pretty girl too. got her number.)

then when i am getting up, fecking boyfrined walks in. then in my mind when this happened, i always say this "feck you bitch i didn't even want to feck you"

so i watched the match with some dude from madrid. in his spanish accent.

Not a bad time. today my hunt begins. I am not as confident with portuguese or brazilians though. They are my weakness so we will see how it goes.

Ready for next week, staying here until the 3rd of May then back home to Miami! Finally.

Note: sorry to those who thought i called Portugal shitty. Not even that though in my mind. Just the hotel and the tv. That is all. The tv is damn japanese not portuguese. The city is damn nice (men don't say beautiful unless it is to a girl) but in this case it deserves it.

I think i might just go exploring the city and forget about girls that's how nice it is.

Chinky24, Aimar 21, sleepyvato50 and 5 others repped this.
  13. Xehanort

Xehanort Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Oct 7, 2013
    Mom's basement
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Great victory, and what a truly spectacular performance from all our players, but the tie is far from over. I'm expecting a massacre from Bayern on Tuesday. But I believe if we play like yesterday, we're on the road to Lisbon.

HALA MADRID!!

14. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    This is a ridiculous at statement, just as ridiculous as the criticisms and bashing leveled at the two of them for the most part this season. Ramos has no free pass here in any sense of the word. Both of them were excellent last night though and they have been for the entire season. As is our trend here though we never seem to appreciate what we have and feel the only way to give props to one player is to detract from another. Le sigh...

15. PorraFutbol

PorraFutbol New Member

Apr 10, 2014
    Bangkok
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Thailand
    A few post-game musings...

A Real Madrid counter-attack is, to put it simply, a thing of beauty and joy. Thank you, Mou.

Last season FC Bayern, playing an all-out physical and direct game, won every important competition and pulverized the myth of the Tiki-Taka, only to replicate that same system this season but without Messi and Iniesta. How do you say "if it ain't broke don't fix it" in Deutsch?

If CR7 and GB11 are fit for the next match and Bayern does not score until the 30th minute... Lisboa, here we come...!

Hala Madrid.

Real_Madrid_for_life repped this.
  16. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So that's now only 2 clean sheets in the last 15 games for Bayern.

17. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    To single out anyone would be unfair. It was 100% team effort.

RMSocrates repped this.
  18. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Personally never noticed that myself. I'd have to watch the game again to see. I thought Di Maria (and Bale when he came on) did a mighty fine job killing some of our attacks with poor decisions at times. Like that one play in the first half where the ball dropped to Di Maria on the edge of the box and he had Karim and Ronaldo in the center and right pretty well covered, but Isco wide open on the left, and he decided to do the cheeky back heel so as to catch the defense off guard. I don't even care if it worked because you're still giving the ball to a player well covered and not making the simple pass to a player who would have had the ball wide open and on his favored foot for a one-time shot.

Bear Crotch repped this.
  19. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    I thought he did good. He maintained possession which was IMO opinion crucial and he, most of the chose, the safest pass there was, albeit it sometimes killed our counter. In this particular game, he did as good as anyone could have and deserved to stay on the pitch for the whole 90 minutes.

20. Toro70

Toro70 Member+

Nov 29, 2008
    US, CT
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  21. Marnello

Marnello New Member

Apr 10, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Crucial win and great collective display from the lads! Bravo!

We haven’t been this close in many years, going into the away game with a lead and most importantly a clean sheet!

Shit am already pumped for Tuesday! Gonna be a long week.

Tobias19 repped this.
  22. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually felt the opposite was true. That we screwed up our counter-attacks by rushing too much, not by taking too much time.

23. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Marcelo on balance is the superior player, but in the second leg, Fabio is the right choice.

In the past, Fabio has done 2 things that essentially forced us to pick Marcelo, even a tie where we needed defense:

1) He would offer absolutely nothing going forward. This is actually necessary offensively and defensively to relieve pressure.

2) While better overall than Marcelo defensively, he would have 2-3 absolute shocking screw ups that would leave us exposed to goals.

On net, we would sacrifice offense, and still be susceptible at the back. He has obviously turned into a much better player as of late. He has been awesome and clean defensively, and offering options going forward, which makes him selectable. We are going to have to sit and defend, so Fabio should play the 2nd leg, and we can sub Marcelo on if we need to chase a goal (this is only if Marcelo plays this weekend. You don't want to sub a rusty Marcelo on).

But if we get through to the final, Marcelo should start. Much better matchup for him, regardless of whether it is Chelsea or Atleti.

Bear Crotch repped this.
  24. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    THANK YOU PEPE

libertao, RMSocrates and Umar repped this.
  25. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Coentrao best player in the last week. Where are the haters? All he needed was a chance