Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Belgian guy, May 15, 2013.

1. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm enjoying the plotline, but they really write Coulson poorly. He's having some sort of emotional breakdown in every single episode now, which removes all the power/drama from it.

I like the Ward storyline. I'm hoping he ends up being chaotic evil when all is said and done, and is a recurring baddy with super-powers (he obviously took the berserker staff).

2. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I'm pretty sure that wasn't the intention, but the fact that it has been revealed that Ward was playing a double role from day one really puts a new spin on his sometimes wooden performance.

sitruc repped this.
  3. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Based on the preview, Amy Acker has a guest role next week? :)

4. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She'll apparently be playing the famous cellist Coulson kept referring to from his past.

-G

Belgian guy repped this.
  5. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I thought this weeks episode was a small step down from the previous two.
    Not a big fan of the Skye-Ward drama, even though I thought the editing for the interspersed scenes with Skye slowly discovering Koenig's fate and the cellist trying to trap the mark was well-done.
    I assume the final scene means that Melinda is meeting up with Maria Hill?

6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I enjoyed the episode. I also like the scene with Sky discovering Koenig and the cellist playing. The last few episodes have been very good. Let's hope they can keep this momentum.

7. Caddman

Caddman Member+

Aug 18, 1999
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Love interest stories in TV series seem random and forced at times. I find the Fitz-Simmons story line more believable. I did enjoy the episode. Would have preferred something to do with Hydra rather than random bad guy. Too bad about Patton Oswald.

8. luftmensch

luftmensch Member+

United States
    May 4, 2006
    Petaluma
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Random bad buy was Blackout from Marvel Comics:
    [​IMG]

I was cool with him appearing, though they did beat him a little too easily.

I'm sad to see Koenig go, he was a better character than most of the regulars.

So do you think they're bringing that Triplett guy as a regular in response to early criticisms that the show was too white? Either way he's an improvement over Ward, he's not even convincing when he's trying to be a bad actor.

sitruc, Belgian guy and Dante repped this.
  9. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Promo for next weeks episode:

10. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the Triplett character but as an actor he's no upgrade over the guy doing Ward. They're both pretty wooden.

And yeah, the longstanding, everyday working relationship with unresolved romantic tension/love unrequited story line is a bit more believable when at least one of the people in the relationship is a nerd. With non-nerds, the problem would be romantic attraction consummated too quickly making for a bad working environment or--worse--unrequited feelings becoming harassment. Cheers' Sam and Diane was fun to watch but hard to believe. Although I guess she was kind of a nerd.

11. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It turns out that Antoine Triplett is the grandson of a Howling Commando. :thumbsup:

-G

12. General Disarray

General Disarray Legendary

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man-Thing?? We did get to see the Dr's wife in Iron Man 3.

14. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Alright episode.
    I liked Maria Hill's return. I'm kinda hoping that Cobie Smulders might be added to the cast proper next season (if we get a next season).
    The preview of next weeks episode seemed to suggest it's going to include a rather detailed flashback into Wards origin story. Not sure if I'm really super-interested in that.

15. luftmensch

luftmensch Member+

United States
    May 4, 2006
    Petaluma
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me either. I thought last night's was good though. Sky actually did a good job with her confrontation with Ward in the diner. Ward still can't act for shit. Glenn Talbot's a nice touch for the show, he's suitably douchebaggy.

sitruc repped this.
  16. Caddman

Caddman Member+

Aug 18, 1999
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not really looking forward to a redemption story starting tonight if that is what's happening.

"But I slept with May because I love you Skye."

"And when I shot that guy with Lou Gehrig's disease knowing full well that he wasn't the real clairvoyant, I was thinking of you."

"Well yea, my boss gave the order to have you killed, but I had nothing to with that."

"And I had a real traumatic childhood and stuff. My parents were divorced when I was in my early 20s, it was terrible."

Group hug.

17. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Yeah, I've mentioned before that I hope that Wards heel turn isn't something temporary.
    That would really cheapen what has been an excellent latter half of the season.
    If I were to guess: Garrett will be killed by the gang, and Ward will assume command of his group (and return as the main antagonist should they get a second season).

18. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Main antagonist needs to be bigger than Hydra Pt. 2, and needs to be external. Ward goes chaotic neutral (with, obviously, an evil past) for that storyline, then come back as a full-on Berserker staff'd supervillain in season 3.

EDIT: For the record, I enjoy the Ward actor much more than everyone else seems to. Everyone else on the show over-emotes, which I'm sick of.

19. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    ...but he didn't shoot the dog.

20. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    "Get ready for a large file transfer."

This episode had some great moments of humor. I loved how the guys were geeking out at all the old-school equipment. The Whedon style really suits underdogs better than the powerful.

I'm in this camp too.

21. luftmensch

luftmensch Member+

United States
    May 4, 2006
    Petaluma
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah he did, he just didn't have the balls to do it close up. Sort of like how he dumped Fitz & Simmons into the ocean instead of shooting them in the face (not that he had the option, but I got the feeling that he was glad he didn't have to).

22. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    It was pretty anticlimactic to see them fall about 20 feet.

23. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was officially picked up for a second season. ABC also ordered Agent Carter to series.

LOTS of comic book related shows next season.

24. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    #324 Belgian guy, May 9, 2014
    Last edited: May 9, 2014
    Very excited about this, if done well it could be great.

Some more info here:
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/abc-picks-up-marvels-agent-700880

sitruc repped this.
  25. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States