World Cup Travel - Rio de Janeiro

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by PabloSanDiego, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Rominger

Rominger Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Apr 17, 2014
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    GWGunner, Raul_Fearce and prico repped this.
  2. pfc_ivan

pfc_ivan Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Club:
    FK Partizan Beograd
    The car rental was $330 for four days. It's from when we land on the 17th through June 20th, after the Uruguay game.

3. prico

prico Member

Mar 25, 2014
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  4. booian

booian Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Not sure if this was covered already but has anyone found a good, reputable car service to do pickup and dropoffs to/from GIG airport?

5. Luis D. Sanchez

Apr 23, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Hi everyone, I will be in Rio from June 15 to the 28 with tickets to 5 games at the Maracana. I am Peruvian and live in Miami, will be with two friends and am looking for cool people to meet, have some beers and watch the games together. Any meetups scheduled? keep in touch

Luis D. Sanchez

6. Nikkimau

Nikkimau Member

Nov 11, 2013
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just wanted to share Ill be in Rio from July 2nd to 5th to catch the quarter final and then returning to Rio from July 1oth to July 14th for the final (dont have final tickets as of yet!).

If anyone wants to meet up then, give me a PM

7. NHRef

NHRef Member+

Apr 7, 2004
    Southern NH
    I'll be in Rio from 6/21 (early flight in) to 6/27 (early flight out), we booked the whole thing through Ludus tours, so far so good.

My two sons and I are going as college graduation presents for them, we'd love to meet up for the USA game!

PabloSanDiego repped this.
  8. pfc_ivan

pfc_ivan Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Club:
    FK Partizan Beograd
    Whats happening in Rio guys?

9. William Reynolds

Nov 7, 2013
    Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also will be there at the same time. And with a ticket to the final :D

10. Rominger

Rominger Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Apr 17, 2014
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Nothing unusual, the same problems that now become worldwide tragedies.

11. Chris McCormack

Feb 14, 2014
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Love the enthusiasm and initiative with car rental, just a thought though, no point running up to ticket entrance with your massive flags only to get them confiscated before you get to sing one song for mother russia in the stadium. The size limit is a MASSIVE 2m x 1m50.

12. crw75

crw75 Member

Everton FC
    United States
    Aug 5, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. pfc_ivan

pfc_ivan Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Club:
    FK Partizan Beograd
    I was thinking about that also. What do you think is the best way to get it into the stadium?

Obv rapping it around body comes to mind first...

14. kgriff28

kgriff28 Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be in Rio for the Spain v. Chile match. However, we still don't have tickets to this match. We are looking for two tickets any category. If you have a connection, please let me know! Thank you in advance!

15. Serg10

Serg10 New Member

Apr 23, 2014
    Chris Mc - I've never rented a car in Brazil, but have traveled from Rio to Sp dozens of times by bus, it is probably safer and cheaper than driving a car, parking a car, losing the car etc.

16. ekartash

ekartash Member

Mar 20, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    some nicer hotels in rio are starting to pop on hotels.fifa.com. granted they are still very much overpriced, but at least they are not sh*it boxes for $500 as has been the norm (only hotels available in rio up to now). just booked the sofitel in copa for the spain/chile match.
    although i am starting to wonder why these hotels are even appearing. perhaps the demand isn't as high as they thought it would be and these hotels could be available at normal rates closer to the world cup

17. JaWC2014

JaWC2014 Member

Rapids/FC Barcelona
    United States
    Mar 9, 2014
    Denver, CO
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone flying from Rio to SP for the England vs Uruguay game?

18. kopite1892

kopite1892 Member

Feb 14, 2014
    We are flying out on the morning of the game and back that same evening. ...still looking for 2 tickets though

19. JaWC2014

JaWC2014 Member

Rapids/FC Barcelona
    United States
    Mar 9, 2014
    Denver, CO
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you think you could shoot me your flight info (price, airline, times, etc.) if you don't mind?

20. kopite1892

kopite1892 Member

Feb 14, 2014
    Flying gol rio - sp, 9:47am cost R$133, sp-rio flying aviancia 11pm cost R $101

21. JaWC2014

JaWC2014 Member

Rapids/FC Barcelona
    United States
    Mar 9, 2014
    Denver, CO
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man that is cheap. You must have booked early. The cheapest I can find one way from Rio to SP non stop(early on the 19th) is USD$199.

22. kopite1892

kopite1892 Member

Feb 14, 2014
    Only booked the return a couple of weeks ago, just keep an eye out for the sales. We also got lucky on the way there with a flight change on a cheap fare, got to change it to a better flight for nothing

23. pfc_ivan

pfc_ivan Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Club:
    FK Partizan Beograd
    Where did you get those. Last time I looked anything on the 19th of June (round trip) was like 700R.

24. JaWC2014

JaWC2014 Member

Rapids/FC Barcelona
    United States
    Mar 9, 2014
    Denver, CO
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I checked with bacctravel.com

25. Chris McCormack

Feb 14, 2014
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Agree or cut it into small pieces and sew it up when inside, i am sure after some mother Russia vodkas that may prove a bit difficult. Come on Belgium lol