Park Ju-Young @ Watford F.C. 2014 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Chingoo, Jan 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    HMB shouldn't have made such a blanket statement at the start of his management regarding player selection. by declaring he wouldn't call up players who weren't being selected by their clubs, HMB exacerbated PJY's situation to this day and gave the netizens ammo. it's much more egregious in hindsight, but HMB erred with that comment. i think his intention was to let PJY know that he needed to do something (i.e. transfer request, try harder to make it into arsenal's 11) but he really should have done that privately, if at all. i'm sure PJY was somewhat cognizant of his situation. those who have any negative feelings towards either PJY or HMB are using that to smear each of them unnecessarily.

2. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Anything HMB says can and will be used against him in a court of internetional law. Who cares what he said and if he goes back on that now. Things change, people change, you take what life gives you and go with whatever gives you the best chance at success. In this case it is PCY.

3. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    you and i don't care but the media and the ignorant mass are stirring all this crap up. rookie manager mistake imo.

skimmilk repped this.
  4. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I can't read Korean but it's obvious how insane Korean press and netizens are. HMB could learn from the more opaque managers / coaches of the world.

5. Saba Risto

Saba Risto Member

Jul 18, 2013
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    this concern over netizens' opinions is absurd. been living in seoul for 2 years now and there has been no intense coverage from reputable news outlets regarding this issue. Yes everyone has an opinion and has a right to voice it, but that doesn't really change squat.
    Anyone with a computer and an internet connection is a netizen. it's like being concerned over youtube users' hate-mongering comments. im glad we have a coach who seems to not give into this kind of crap and does what he is getting paid to do, with the confidence that he was appointed to be the knt coach because he is the most qualified to do so.

6. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Anyway, Watford Observer reports HMB's comments but more interestingly reports PCY's issue which is Cellulitis. I was worried of something more mechanical after last years broken bone and leg/knee issue after Greece.

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/11149632.Striker_may_not_return_to_Watford/

7. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    skimmilk repped this.
  8. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    yeah... prob wouldn't want to go back to the medical facility that most likely gave you this. at least its not the more serious variants of athletic facility disease (e.g. staph which has the worst pictures)

9. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=2988023

10. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i feel bad for pjy but i also suspect he has some attitude problems.

seolseol repped this.
  11. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    PJS did say that PJY was stubborn .... his decisions, he has to live with. but then, we only know so much.

12. Amos Oh

Amos Oh Member

Jan 2, 2013
  13. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
  14. shinović89

shinović89 Member+

May 23, 2010
    Liverfail
    lol holes in the jeans

15. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
  16. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    how recent are these pics?

17. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Today.

He's better off in Korea. He'll probably contract a flesh-eating virus or god knows what if he goes back to Watford. :barefoot:

LDG20 and nmssis repped this.
  18. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    did he give up on club football in England?

19. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You mean for the season? He was ruled out for a few weeks because of his foot. The last game is next week (May 3), so he's pretty much done.

20. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I hope he has a great WC performance and land a new permanent club....Not the desert n Not China

seolseol repped this.
  21. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Rare long(er) interview:

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/...ootballer-park-chu-young-determined-let-actio

22. bekele

bekele Member

Aug 23, 2009
    France
    Club:
    Daejeon Citizen

So a journalist asks Seigo Ikeida about his thoughts on Park's goal of integrating himself to core of the national team in just 50 days, and he just says, "He's taken care of his body, so his body fat hasn't gone up. I was surprised by that." He must have some low standards for Park lol.

23. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    I doubt the coach would say 'he's in a terrible shape, we're doomed for the World Cup'. But given Park's record of playing well at the international stage regardless of the club form, it's not surprising.

seolseol repped this.
  24. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    But keep in mind the elite level of these athletes' bodies when they play at the highest level every week. For PCY to sit for extended periods of time with no real expectation of ever playing but still keep his fitness level up must have surprised Ikeida.

25. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Seol Korea, KyopoOhNo and Hodori repped this.