Players On Loan

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Quakesss, Mar 1, 2014.

1. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    #51 JazzyJ, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
    I'd rather see him on the field than Harris, Jahn, or Billy Schuler. Seems like they never try him at wide mid. Wonder why, considering they put just about every other forward there on occasion, especially the faster ones.

I see Fucito as more analogous to Quincy Amarikwa - a shorter guy with a great motor and good speed, but more under control and makes better decisions than Q. Q is maybe a bit more crazy athletic and can pull off the incredible play / goal every now and then.

2. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh abso freaking lutely would take Fucito over Harris for that role

3. hc897

hc897 Member+

May 3, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The real advantage that Harris has over Fucito is height. Not saying that should be the determining factor on who gets selected or not, but my bet would be it's one of the focal points for how the Quakes want to play.

Fucito got time early last year with Wondolowski, if I'm correct, due to injuries from the target forwards. With three/four target forwards available now, Fucito goes head to head with Schuler, and if I'm the Quakes, I go with Schuler. It's unfortunate for Fucito. Injuries from last year seem to have put him out of contention with this team.

4. Steve0013

Steve0013 Member

Jul 20, 2012
    London, UK
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Fucito is to small as well, for a team that just mulps long balls forward all game he is not big enough, that's why we have Lenny,Gordon,Jahn,Schuler, all over 6 feet tall, because we are a long ball team and Fucito does'nt fit into that so much.

5. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    Mullan came to the Quakes as a forward who struggled to finish. He was fast and feisty with an engine that could run all game, but small. His best attribute was getting to the edge and taking on the outside back as a midfielder. I really think Fucito could be good in that role.

Maybe he doesn't have enough defensive skill or can't cross, but I have a feeling he would be useful if we at least asked him to study how Mullan played for us and gave him a chance to play there. Even if it ends up being in San Antonio or Sacramento.

6. soccerbone

soccerbone Member+

Apr 12, 2002
    Los Altos, Ca
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So a much faster and overall much more useful version of Harris? Watching how many minutes he gets is so frustrating and exactly what I'd feel watching Yallop with his choices. Like the stubborn repetition of something that is not working.

7. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not surprising given the sighting last week. Just... meh...

9. Quakesss

Quakesss Member+

Nov 16, 2013
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Fucito belongs in USL, permanently.

10. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

11. fadedtoblack

fadedtoblack Member+

Nov 6, 2007
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He'll probably tear it up down there, which will be more an indictment of his skills.

12. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    ...as opposed to not tearing it up "down there"? o_O

13. fadedtoblack

fadedtoblack Member+

Nov 6, 2007
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That'd sure shut up the Fucito fan boys now wouldn't it.

14. Quakesss

Quakesss Member+

Nov 16, 2013
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go Sam!!

go quakes!!
    Fire JD & MW!!

- Mark

16. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fucito had a goal and an assist in today's Republic vs CUSA Reserves game:

And from the looks of it, he should have had more.. lots of missed opportunities. He does look more confident and able to get into dangerous spots at this level, however. Hopefully signs of good to come, but then again, we're talking about CUSA reserves here...:whistling:

17. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jahn loaned to Sacramento ahead of the home opener Saturday. Maybe pushed a little by his red card and Justin Braun's injury. Hope he can tear it up for Republic!

markmcf8 repped this.
  18. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Had to google that, 'cause the only Justin Braun I know of plays hockey for the Sharks!!!

19. chris thebassplayer

Feb 18, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Happy to see Jahn go to Sac and clear the way for Schuler to hopefully get some minutes. Anybody else ready to see Garza return and compete with Cato and Salinas?

markmcf8, soccerbone and QuietType repped this.
  20. Quakesss

Quakesss Member+

Nov 16, 2013
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Smart move.

markmcf8 repped this.
  21. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Considering Jahn would have been suspended next match and probably would see less playing time when Lenny comes back, I also think its a good move.

22. elhula

elhula Member

Apr 18, 2007
    san jose
    I have been waiting for Garza to get a real opportunity, for me he is the most talented wide player we have. I spoke to Watson at one of the wine and dine events asking him to please give Garza a chance to start and play meaningful minutes. Watson reply was basically there is a trust issue and he only uses players that follow what the coaching staff tells them to do. He said Garza still hadn't earned his trust. I think Watson is opposed to players showing flair and thinking outside the box. Let Sam Play.

QuietType repped this.
  23. Quakesss

Quakesss Member+

Nov 16, 2013
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doyle told me it was a confidence issue. They would tell him that he has great skill and to take on players but he wouldn't or if he did he would always put his head down when it didn't work. He used the words "Not mentally tough".. You would think that would be an easy thing to fix, but I guess its not unfortunately.

24. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think Doyle said the same thing about Rafa Baca. Guess that is why he is gone....

25. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is just so lame, and also what I've been arguing right along. We can see this with a lot of players, and not just under Wat(TF). Whenever Busch throws the ball out a lot, or makes a lot of short passes, the very next match, he's back to booting the ball deep at every opportunity. It's because that's what the coaches want.

(And yes, I get that you can't have the players doing their own thing and not trying to work the coach's plan. I just think that our coach's plans suck.)

So yeah, Sam shows some flair and ability? straight to the bench, or loan to some other team.

Thanks for sharing this by the way! Good show.

Go Quakes!!
    Fire JD and Wat(TF)!!

- Mark

bostero24 and QuietType repped this.