Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich | UEFA Champions League Semi-Finals - 1st Leg|4.23.14[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, Apr 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Romanero

Romanero Member+

Oct 28, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    just saw it.. what a game! we played so well, hope we can do it again in germany, and please stay with the formation, bench one of the BBC trio, any of them, including benzema. by the way, who said ronaldo cant pass? :D

2. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #952 hala_madrid722, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    Guys can any experts update on the yellow card situation? This was the last legit post regarding the yellows:

paging @MadridFan22304

[​IMG]
    That's not the rule. 21.02b and 21.03 are what are in play for us right now. So any one with 3 cautions is suspended, and after that happens once, every 2 cautions results in another suspension. No one is currently suspended, but these are the number of yellow cards needed for each player on our team to be suspended (if not 3. Everyone not listed has not picked up a card so they can still get 3 yellows, meaning they can't be suspended unless they make a red).

Ramos - 1 card from suspension (has 2 yellows)
    Xabi Alonso - 1 card from suspension (has 2 yellows)
    Illarra - 1 card from suspension (has 2 yellows)
    Pepe - 2 cards from suspension (has 1 yellow)
    Varane - 2 cards from suspension (has 1 yellow)
    Arbeloa - 2 cards from suspension (has 1 yellow)
    Marcelo - 2 cards from suspension (has 1 yellow)
    Di Maria - 2 cards from suspension (has 1 yellow)
    Dani - 2 cards from suspension (has 1 yellow)
    Benzema - 2 cards from suspension (has 1 yellow)
    Casemiro - 2 cards from suspension (has 1 yellow)
    Modric - 2 cards from suspension (has 3 yellows already, missed the 2nd Copenhagen game via suspension)

3. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only Isco got a yellow today, so Ramos, Illarra and Xabi are in danger of missing a potential final. Everyone else is in the clear unless they get sent off in the 2nd leg.

hala_madrid722 repped this.
  4. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Your awesome man thank you!

5. Romanero

Romanero Member+

Oct 28, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    oh noes, cant rep the bayern forum anymore :(

6. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Why not? Can mods disable rep? And talking of trolling by rep, what happened to that @pep is mourinho's bitch fellow?

7. Romanero

Romanero Member+

Oct 28, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    just ran out of reps.. he's red carded..

8. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    What I liked:
    The fantastic collective effort by the entire team. I am so proud of them. We defended and played like champions. Carlo having the team switch to 4-4-2 when we're defending against teams that have a lot more of the ball is a stroke of genius. It allows Isco and Di Maria to support our fullbacks in defense, and burst forward in attack during counter-attacks. Robben and Ribery were shut out. It allows for our lines to remain compact and prevents the all too familiar gaps from appearing between the lines.

[​IMG]

Not even Jose really managed to get the team playing this well collectively while defending, and he was supposed to be the defensive expert. Bravo Carlo, bravo. You truly do posses the People's Eyebrow (-_^)

Our backline was terrific. Pepe, Carvajal, Coentrao and Casillas were fantastic. The blond Portuguese redeemed himself for that terrible defensive mistake that led to Bayern's 2 - 1 goal at the Allianze Arena a couple of years ago. The starting LB belongs to him for the return leg. Pepe was a beast like so many other times during this season, and I hope he is not injured. I loved hearing the Bernabeu chant his name. He deserves it.

Casillas is back to his best. There is a reason why we beat Barca and Atletico when he is between the two goal posts, and lost when he is not.
    ---------------------------------------------

What I didn't like:

1. Casillas' terrible ball distribution. 9 out of 10 times a Bayern player got the ball. In a match such as this when we're starved for possession and are under constant pressure; we should not be immediately turning the ball back to the opponent. Our players get no time to rest, and forced to chase the ball again.

2. Sergio Ramos' terrible ball clearances and English style hoofing the ball as soon as he was under minimal pressure from the Bayern players. Like Casillas, he gives possession away more times than not. It was so frustrating to see. There were quite a few times when he could have played the shorts pass to a fellow defender or our midfielders, but he time after time chose to hoof the ball away.

9. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Is there really any doubt that Luka Modric is the best CM on the planet?

We were not great in the final third (Isco and di Maria both had off games in attack) but Bayern looked likely to concede every time we got forward. I like our chances of getting a goal in Munich.

10. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    Hats off to Carvajal who pretty much shut Ribery down! The boy has grown into a man before our eyes. Who remembers the first game of the La Liga season ....he was the worst performer!

Same goes for Coentrao...Carlo is clearly sending him the right message...he looks like the national team Coentrao..full of confidence.

I would have taken this result any day. 90 minutes to go...1 goal ahead....with the best counter attacking force in the World.... I like our chances.

We've been going to Germany a lot this year...and at a time like this, that's a blessing. Everything happens for a reason. It feels like the two previous ties have been preparing us for next week's showdown in Munich.

VAMOS!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007

[​IMG]
    Fabio Coentrao is clearly superior defensively, and does his job quite well. In matches at this level that is what you need more than anything from your defender. The fact that he is skilled enough to participate in attack and help the team in that department is a bonus.

The attacking advantage Marcelo would offer over Coentrao in such a match is eclipsed by his defensive liability. He often fails to track back and mark his man, loses possession too easily when attacking and is more often than not on the losing side against quality players playing down his flank. Robben and Bayern would have had a field day against him.

12. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Some of the Bayern people are going into meltdown mode. Hahahahahahaha. I hope we win the return leg away as well, because I want to see the total collapse of the FCB forum into chaos, like we had when we lost in 2011/2 to them.

raven3k, surgeon, nicafornica and 3 others repped this.
  13. Tamed Giraffe

Tamed Giraffe Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Wagga Wagga, NSW
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    #963 Tamed Giraffe, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    Everything Luka did today was just spot on. Even if he has the ball and 4 people are around him he isn't afraid to keep dribbling. The ball will always be stuck to his feet. On the counter his every pass was just spot on. He just knows where to pass it and who to pass it to. He does some great passes in tight situations. Not only that but he is so intelligent.

During the 10th minute mark Bayern were pressuring our defence and we just didn't have the ball for a while. And everytime we did have the ball we just seemed to keep losing it. We were hurrying our passes and it was going nowhere.

Modric realised this and the next time Bayern lost the ball he got the ball and held onto it for a while on the half way line. He was tempting a Bayern player to foul him and surely enough he got fouled. (there was a bit of threatric involved :)). Free kick our way and it completely killed the momentum that Bayern was building.

It was quite obvious that Modric did it intentionally because he knew Bayern were posing a threat and that somehow he needed to turn things around. After that play we held onto the ball, created great chances and surely enough the momentum swayed our way.

It just goes to show that Modric besides having all the skills of passing and dribbling, he is also a thinking footballer. He is a rare breed.

madridista_hr, raven3k, surgeon and 4 others repped this.
  14. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Half our forum is in meltdown when we win trophies. Nothing unusual.

15. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    p, you lurkin' a nd postin in this forum pretty hard

look, we can change your name and your avatar to some madridish

no one will know

: )

16. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's time to come to the dark side, my friend. How about "BBC to the Wee" instead?

nicafornica and temesgen repped this.
  17. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bee-g Black Wee

18. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You guys keep reppin me, what can I say, I want more and more and more

19. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    we can rep all of our posts. jerk one another off, sound good?

20. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'll offer my services to the highest amount of reps when the transfer market opens up this summer. Bayern know my value and will likely offer me a lot of reps. Also I've gotten inquiries from the PSG and Man City sugar daddies, but it's not sure if they will get penalized by BigSoccer FairPlay yet or not

21. Esenidu

Esenidu New Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Modric has be the most important player on your squad, don't you think? That guy is unbelievable.

surgeon and -Fifth CharM- repped this.
  22. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Reported.

And lol @P to the Wee talking all that shit before the game and not only is selling out before the tie is over but his defense mechanism of choice is pretending to be cool. It's okay we all know you're dying inside but the tie isn't over so don't give up yet, you might still double that $25 bet you made.

23. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You're acting like I won't talk shit before the next game. It's ok you still ugly.

24. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We offer you a lot of reps/month, the history of the most rep titles in European history, a management that may change every season and is influenced by powerful posters, and a Galactico rep-transfer policy that is scheduled to bring in a star poster every transfer window. Of course, if you don't get repped or rep enough, you will be swiftly marginalized, booed, and kicked out, and your value per season will also be assessed on the basis of your rep marketing value, especially against Barcelona repa-reka styles.

25. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'll keep this pitch under consideration, but only starting in July if I have not extended my contract at Bayern. The reason they won't pay Kroos is because a lot of that money is suppose to come to me and that'll be hard to turn down.