Official 2014 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I am not the one with glasses and a polka-dotted pink undershirt... :cautious:

:ROFLMAO:

(meanwhile Gromit06 is obviously the dog there)

2. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    From the highlights, it looks like two points loss for Chelsea and a point gained by Liverpool. Chelsea's attacking is looking very good indeed.

I don't think Ji could complain much to be honest from the highlights. You could say a bit harsh but if I was the manager I would have a word with Ji rather than the ref.

She was far too easy to go down on the first one. I'm not sure if she deserved a card for that one but she got one. Considering she was already cautioned for a dive, I can't believe she did that for the second incident... Whether or not there was a contact, I'm not sure. But it doesn't matter. It didn't look natural. She went down theatrically with a moment of delay, and looking at the ref... Why would you do that after you were booked for diving? You're asking for a trouble. Probably she was frustrated because they hadn't scored after so many chances and a bit desparate at that stage...

And G, unepomme, mumf and 2 others repped this.
  3. dakota701

dakota701 Member

Nov 22, 2012
    What is the FA WSL punishment for a red card? Same as FIFA's? How many games will So Yun miss?

I'll have to admit, Ji did seem to go down rather easily in the first incident, though it doesn't take much to get knocked down when you're on the run. In the second incident though, it looked like Ji just plain old tripped over Williams legs. Based on the announcer, Williams may have even tried to influence the referee's decision by accusing Ji of "making a meal of it". As hirohiro said, why attempt a dive after having been warned once? It could be that Liverpool were also feeling frustrated. It looks like Aluko, Ogimi and Ji were quite a combination.

It's always fun to second guess the ref, especially regarding a favorite player or team, but in the end, you just have to accept their decision and move on.

blissett and mumf repped this.
  4. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    #4154 Gromit06, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
    I was about to post it :)

So, you can see at 1'14, that Ji So-yun is unfairly booked for diving (simulation) when she is clearly and physically challenged (maybe without any foul)...
    At 2' that Libby Stout is hit and injured at the head by Yuki's foot who really played dangerously, as shlj said in the FAWSL thread.
    And at 3'17 that So-yun is again unfairly booked for a second "diving", when there is to my eyes a foul on her (a PK should have been called). It's up to you to make your own opinion.

Edit : fall theatrically or not and looking at the ref or not is not the point. The point is : was there any contact, that is was there any foul or not ? That is all. When you stop the ball with your hand (and that you're not the GK), even if you do it very, very humbly, there is a foul, isn't there ? It is the same here. :)
    For the first card, nobody said there was a foul ON Ji, that's not the problem. She fell either because she was physically challenged, shoulder against shoulder for instance, and we all know that English Football is much more physical than anywhere else — I played several years in England, I know what I'm talking about :eek::D — or she could have fell because a bad foot on the very wet and slippy ground. Or - probably - both. In any case, there was very likely no simulation in her fall, no diving, no yellow card. ;)

#8nadeshikofan and KAPIJXM repped this.
  5. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    #4155 mumf, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
    Its not her falling thats the real problem, instead its the way she rolled over and over, despite not having been hit/shouldered that hard. 060.png 061.png 062.png 063.png 067.png 065.png 064.png 069.png 070.png Sorry, cant make a gif...

6. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Actually Gromit I am curious about this failure on Ando's part yesterday. Instead of describing her careless thoughts, can you say what you actually saw her do? Or fail to do?

To my eyes, the fault of Frankfurt lies with the GK for the drop and empty netter.

7. #8nadeshikofan

Oct 7, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    My conclusion: two bad calls.
    The first one Ji was knocked off balance on the run. The second one, the defendant was tripping Ji intentionally and a PK should be called.

Gromit06 repped this.
  8. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    If it is the same as the Premier League, a red coming from two yellows results in a one-match suspension (a straight red card ban would be three matches, subject to appeal).

blissett and Gromit06 repped this.
  9. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Edit --- I should have added that the one-match suspension is served by missing whichever first-team match is next in the English system. Chelsea's next match is a cup tie versus Reading (not a WSL 1 match), so Ji will miss that one.

blissett repped this.
  10. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Just to clarify, I was being critical of Ji in my comments. Especially for the second incident - she was probably a tad unfortunate for the first one to get booked.

I'm sure she'll learn from it. Anyway, it's nice to see she's playing well. Every time I see her play, I wish she was Japanese...

mumf, dakota701, zaku_II and 3 others repped this.
  11. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    #4161 And G, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    I more or less agree with hirohiro's assessment. The first yellow card was a clear simulation (it's obvious if you watch the replay only looking at the liverpool defender's body) and it was really, really stupid from Ji to jump theatrically in the penalty area looking at the ref (who was standing right there) while on a YC already. The funny thing is, technically that whole situation could have been a valid PK if Ji had tried to stay on her feet; it was minimal contact, but even minimal contact results in a PK (or in this case, advantage and if you don't score within ~5 seconds you get the PK). However, if you're clearly simulating without any attempt whatsoever at playing the ball, then you're never, ever, ever, ever going to get that call.

mumf, zaku_II, blissett and 1 other person repped this.
  12. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    She already had that style of play when she was eight. :eek:

blissett and unepomme repped this.
  13. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Today's small news:

Thai NT is doing a training camp in Japan for the Asian Cup.

KAPIJXM and blissett repped this.
  14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Apparently Japan is involved in many ways with other AFC Asian Cup teams: two prominent Thai Players had played in Nadeshiko League last year in Speranza and now the whole team has this training camp; a video uploaded by ndsk120 today shows that Jordan (Japan's opponent at group stage) has a Japanese coach (he's called Masahiro Okiyama, if I heard well); I remember videos from about a year ago where it was showed that Myanmar too started a long-time program with a Japanese coach.

By now, the Japanese school of football has become the go-to-place for all Asian women's teams. Impressive.

unepomme repped this.
  15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lol, she's too much cool, and she was already as a child! :cool:

16. dakota701

dakota701 Member

Nov 22, 2012
    I understand you were not defending So Yun, I was not very clear. My point was that, yes she had been warned once already, so for me, it is hard to believe she would attempt another dive, knowing the referee was keeping an eye out for that sort of thing. I'll have to admit, I may be in denial. It is hard to believe our sweet, little So Yun, who spent three years in the Nadieshiko League, would would be guilty of diving. :p:unsure:

I am half Japanese so I have to admit, I sometimes wish she were Japanese too.:)

Gromit06, blissett and hirohiro repped this.
  17. zaku_II

zaku_II Member+

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Kawasumi is starter in Seattle game, now

blissett repped this.
  18. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Here it is LIVE (not for me, I have a 6am start tomorrow).
    The Seattle game just now said that Kawasumi leaves 4th May to re-join NT - also I saw on Twitter that the New Zealand squad has been chosen for the Japan trip (friendly on 8th May....hope we have a stream).

By the way, forgot to post this surprising Tweet by FullBloom, for the CL fans:
    Like Harima, Ange Violet also attracted over 1,000 to their first ever home league game. Superb work by both, hopefully the fans will return

blissett and unepomme repped this.
  19. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    San Francisco, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nahomi and Fishlock celebrate their link up for the assist to Fletcher? for the goal!!
    Nahomi Fishlock.jpg

20. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winters gives Nahomi the "Bearhug lift" to thank her for the assist on her goal!!
    Nahomi Bearhug.jpg

21. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I see the final score is Seattle-washington 3-1, with two Seattle goals coming from Kawasumi's CKs (so is she the official CKs taker for Seattle?)(but for some reason the replay of the match is not working for me currently).

Seattle sitting comfortably at the top of the league after two games and waits for Houston Dash soon. I assume that this strange train of home matches, followed by a sort of "away matches tour", is due to the particualr nature of NWSL's geography, that would make awkward to just alternate home matches and away matches like other leagues do? :cautious:

22. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  23. zaku_II

zaku_II Member+

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    #4173 zaku_II, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    I fall sleep :sleep: at 25min of the first half (too much work and partying the night before :p).

But strikes to me not only Seattle is the only team trying to play the ball, is there a lot of players who they were very uncomfortable with the ball at their feet (and without pressure from the rivals).

24. TabascoT

TabascoT Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The announcer said Nahomi was taking corners in place of Rapinoe. Rapinoe was on the bench. She was listed as available but was nursing a foot injury.

blissett repped this.
  25. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF

Yes, in fact Laura Harvey seemed to say in the post-match interview that Naho got the start yesterday because Rapinoe was not 100%, and she would rather have Megan completely fit for the game on Sunday.