BeIN Sport cont.... AGAIN

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by Cantona, Aug 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    Where have you gone Father Ted?

2. beInSchwartz

beInSchwartz Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Club:
    ABC Natal
    Anyone see this Wowtime! show yet? Absolutely hilarious from a 'painful to watch' perspective. Ian Joy with forced yelling, corniness, the lot...

3. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah it's like WWE Wrestling the way they act. Good concept executed wrong lol!!!!

4. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Does anybody what happened to the Serie A Show that was on on Tuesdays? Not on this past week or this upcoming Tuesday.

5. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah I'm wondering the same thing.

6. Makandal

Makandal Member

Apr 21, 2007
    Cambridge, MA (USA)
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    You learn something new everyday: Watching beIN ñ at the moment, and according to their programming guide, Flamengo and Vasco da Gama both play in Spain's Segunda Division.

7. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Hey, man.

The show will be back on this Monday night (notice that it used to be on on Tuesdays before).

InterFan76 repped this.
  8. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    Seems to be fewer complaints about beIN lately.

9. reillyduke

reillyduke Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    most people stop complaining when they realize that nothing is going to change. And there are others like myself that won't watch because we can't get it in hd.

10. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    Interesting.

I still watch FS2 even though it is not HD.

Never ever give up.

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  11. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    As far as live and delayed coverage Bein has stepped their game up big time. If they would just get rid of their in house commentators they would be approaching Setanta status for me.

TJNash repped this.
  12. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Keep their in-house announcers. I do not want to be sleeping to them Ligue 1 PBP men or the La Liga ones :p

13. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    More RBN homer humor!

Anyway, another cool development on Bein is La Liga matches outside the "Big 3". Theyve got a 4th match on there this weekend.

14. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    The Serie A Show situation is still not resolved: show was back on this past Tuesday but won't be on this upcoming week.

Wdf.

15. Cantona

Cantona Member

Jul 12, 1999
    Texas/Luton/Manc
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

Yeah... No one cares about the commentary ....

That's why Twitter explodes every time your boy Gujo is on

Cantona---

16. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're right of course that Gujo sucks so bad. But you don't have to insult someone or their intelligence to make that point.

If you really want to debate the merits of Gujo (or lack thereof) you can do it quite effectively without all the attack/insult/trashtalking junk.

Just sayin.

17. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #1717 InterFan76, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
    Yeah saw this but it's back the following. Weird with the shows schedule. I wonder why this is the only show that's not consistant. It gets quite annoying since Serie A is the reason I watch Bein Sports.

18. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome commercial I just saw on BeIn during halftime of the Barcelona-Villareal match. i might actually consider buying this for the humor factor....:ROFLMAO:

19. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well things could be worse---it could be Brian Dunseth, Christian "Kneepads" Miles, or Keith Costigan

20. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes they are all miserable. But worse than gujo i dunno.

21. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1721 tigersoccer2005, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
    well GuJo has made several on air gaffes for which he has rightly taken heat from the fans--but at least when he's commenting i don't fall asleep. To me a cardinal sin, if you're a commentator, is to take a game that should be exciting and turn it into a bore through your own announcing ineptitude and lack of passion. By the same token, a skilled announcer can take what would otherwise be a mediocre game and make it interesting to watch.

HomietheClown repped this.
  22. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Definitely not. Gujo is the worst. Those other guys suck but are at least followers of the sport. Gujo is a newcomer who is targeting the family guy sports fan with his stupidity and video game quotes.

23. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    I've become a big fan of beIN, but I tuned in today to see today's French match (Bastia v. Liile, with the latter trying to clinch a Champions League birth with a victory), and instead they are showing Sochaux-PSV from last weekend. I thought it might be a transmission issue, but I switched over to Univision Deportes, and there was the game. Most frustrating is that there is no word on why the switch on beIN's part.

24. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I set my DVR to record the new WOW Time! show which was being billed in commercials an in depth analysis show with lots of x's and o's along with the best goal clips of the week. I eagerly anticipated watching the program when i came home. I couldn't wait to see this awesome new analysis show----but i was sorely disappointed. How could such a good idea be executed so poorly? I didn't get past the initial (and long) first section of the show--the week's best goals-- before i hit stop on my remote control and deleted the show from my playlist. Ian Joy was just so annoying, full of so much false pep, and had so little insight to offer that I don't understand how he would be expected to offer any serious in depth analysis of individual plays in the later section of the show.

Thumbs down :thumbsdown::(

25. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    beIN did NOT show Bastia v. Lille on Friday. Instead they showed a replay of last weekend's Sochaux-PSV match. The match was played and was broadcast live on Univision Deportes. beIN gave ono indication why.