World Cup 2014 tickets: general discussion: NOT for trading or selling

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by bulle1, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

Yes that's what I am asking are the PMA Spain tickets, are you going to all of their group games. As I'm chasing 2 Tix to the Australia v Spain game but I think by the sounds of it your going to be using it. I thought you were originally just using the undersubscribed PMA to get Semis and higher.

2. kgriff28

kgriff28 Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone have Spain v. Chile tickets? Please DM if you do. Thank you!

3. Die_Hard_SAMS_ARMY

Oct 31, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    There is no link, you do it right from FIFA Ticket Portal website. Click the 'Show more details' button on your tickets and you should be able to click guest name to transfer. I posted a pic below for your convenience.

[​IMG]

4. am0985

am0985 Member

Oct 29, 2013
    I am just going to one group game which is Spain vs Chile. Didn't try for tickets for the other Spain games!

5. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

No probs thank you anyways have to keep trying every angle :)

6. graeme61

graeme61 New Member

Nov 11, 2013
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    I have noticed some folk mentioning tickets popping up for sale. I have been logging into my ticket account every day and checking availability, but have not see anything. Is this the only way to do it.

Does anybody have any thoughts on whether tickets will become available for Argentina v Bosnia and Spain v Chile in Rio?

7. Aglon314

Aglon314 Member

Feb 24, 2014
    Look at the threads for Scorpyn's and Royial's scanners. They both created programs that scan every 10-30 seconds, and either play a sound, e-mail you, or add the ticket directly to your cart.

LucozadeWarrior repped this.
  8. Cosmos1

Cosmos1 New Member

Apr 23, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Has anyone received their tickets or an official ticket confirmation through the delivery option yet? I need to apply for my visa and it seems every Brazilian consulate in the US will accept the online confirmation except for Miami. Since I am living in Florida, they say I can only apply through Miami. I stopped by the consulate yesterday and they turned me away. They said I need the official tickets or confirmation, no copies. She did show me a copy of someone's official confirmation to prove that they are out there. But she also said that most people that come in do not have it yet and time is running out. I sent an email to FIFA but have not yet received an answer.

9. Die_Hard_SAMS_ARMY

Oct 31, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #7484 Die_Hard_SAMS_ARMY, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    For those interested, just got my FIFA licensed ticket holder in the mail today that I bought from Amazon. It's actually pretty slick looking, good quality, and will definitely come in handy during the Cup. I posted a few pics to help show what it looks like and how easily it can be concealed. The thing is plenty big enough to hold your tickets. It's actually bigger than it looks on Amazon, but I think it's the perfect size for it's intended purposes.

It hides pretty well under a t-shirt. A jersey or a shirt with a collar on it will make it virtually invisible. the only part you can really see when it's tucked under your shirt is the piece directly behind the neck, but a simple shirt collar will totally cover this up, not to mention in the colder areas of Brazil where people may be wearing jackets/hoodies.

You can still buy it on eBay for about $10 (shipping included) for people that live in the US. Overseas shipping will cost yah a bit more. I posted the ebay link below the pic for those who may want to buy.

BTW, NO I AM NOT THE SELLER OF THIS PRODUCT!!!! haha I just am happy with the $10 I spent, and wanted to share with you guys in case anyone is looking to buy one.

[​IMG]
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/World-Cup-Tickets-Ticket-Holder-Soccer-Brazil-2014-Lanyard-Official-FIFA-product/151285150551?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid=222006&algo=SIC.FITP&ao=1&asc=20140107083349&meid=6418616483196889073&pid=100011&prg=20140107083349&rk=2&rkt=10&sd=161281284382

zachadu21, PierreRenard and NCCFBALL repped this.
  10. PierreRenard

PierreRenard Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Wow, super cool. It's the best and safest way to carry these jumbo size tickets indeed.

11. pfc_ivan

pfc_ivan Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Club:
    FK Partizan Beograd
    Not sure why anyone would want to wear this. You are just gonna be a more interesting target to some thief on the side of the street when they see you wearing this around your neck. Then they are sure you got some tickets... Put it in the pocket inside your top and look the least appealing as possible... Just my 0.02$

12. enthusiastic

enthusiastic Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Can be used to keep the tickets in mint condition. Need not wear it always; can be put away inside a bag.

Also, could be used as an interesting decoy/attention-diversion if you are carrying money. Stuff some fake tickets in and walk like a boss. The thief takes them and leaves the money alone.

13. rooboy91

rooboy91 Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Perth, Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Does the lanyard have a release? Choking for the sake of a fake ticket seems a bit extreme

14. madtown

madtown Member

Jan 19, 2010
    I called and have sent emails, but nobody knows anything. The call center was adamant that nothing after the January window would be shipped, but couldn't explain why my account now says delivery. They told me to email them with screenshots, but I haven't heard back in about a week.

15. Die_Hard_SAMS_ARMY

Oct 31, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #7490 Die_Hard_SAMS_ARMY, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    Guess you misinterpreted my post.. I agree, only a fool would wear this outside their shirt. I intend to wear it tucked underneath my jersey; didn't say to wear it on the beach in your bathing suit w/ no shirt on while you're stumbling around drunk. Main purpose of me wearing is to preserve my tix, so I can frame them when I get home from the Cup as a souvenir. Don't see how this is any less safe than carrying a money belt, if you take proper precautions. If you go into a sketch area, you can tuck it in your nuts, if you're that worried (at least the plastic will protect the tickets from your ball sweat). But I think there will be plenty of other much easier targets for the thieves to focus on, as long as you aren't walking around like a dumbass.

Unless of course, you are the type to pass out on the beach drunk while building a sand castle, using your credit cards as flags, and your passport as the drawbridge, with your tickets draped around your neck like you're trying to impress a girl at an 8th grade dance.

My 2 cents.

16. Stu_Lee

Stu_Lee Member

Feb 5, 2014
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    LMAO

PabloSanDiego repped this.
  17. Nikkimau

Nikkimau Member

Nov 11, 2013
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you for the laugh =)

PabloSanDiego repped this.
  18. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got lanyard and ticket holder today too. I put it on under my t-shirt and my wife said she couldn't see any part of the lanyard. On game day there are going to be droves of people going to the game. It's going to be obvious who is going to the game. Almost everyone will have a ticket. Why would I be more of a target carrying mine this way? I'm not going to stick the ticket down my pants and get it all bent! I am sure I won't be the softest target going to the game.

What is a "pocket inside your top"? None of my "tops" have a pocket aside from my dress shirts having the pocket in front, hardly secure. I'm thinking it's going to be warm but if I need to wear some sort of outer top then having this thing under 2 layers is going to be even safer.

Just use common sense! If you're somewhere where theft is possible don't flash your tickets around! There's going to be security around the stadium to at least make it unlikely you're going to get your ticket ripped off your neck.

Die_Hard_SAMS_ARMY repped this.
  19. BMfutbol16

BMfutbol16 Member+

Real Madrid
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is the plastic hard enough to protect the tickets to keep them from folding? It sounds cool since I want to frame my tickets also.

20. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The plastic is flexible but it provides enough protection. It is possible to fold the plastic in half which would damage the ticket, but you'd really have to try to do it. If you stick this into your back pocket and sit on it, it will bend to the contour of your ass but the ticket probably won't get damaged (much). This is the same protector used at many sporting events, I have a bunch of these but this is the biggest I have seen.

I'm worried about sweat and dirt and spilled beer too. This one has a flap that covers the top so it should keep out fluids. But I would worry if putting it inside your shirt that sweat might get inside and damage the ticket unless you can keep the front facing your chest the whole time. But even then sweat might leak in.

There is a plastic "buckle" that pulls apart in the middle of the lanyard, so it would be at the back of your neck. You have to pull moderately hard to detach the two sides, but if someone did pull the lanyard while it's on your neck the buckle would detach but even then the ticket needs to come out from under your shirt if you have it there. If you're worried about that you can replace the nice, colorful (and wide) WC lanyard with a generic one, like for a badge you'd wear at work. But if someone really grabbed it, the plastic on the holder would break.

Bottom line: no matter how or where you carry your tickets you need to use common sense and be somewhat careful depending on your surroundings. Someone carrying a mobile phone or someone's wallet or gold necklace is probably an easier and more conveniently fenced target than a game ticket.

Die_Hard_SAMS_ARMY repped this.
  21. sebastianlarsson

Jan 28, 2014
    So might just made i mistake, bought a single ticket for a game in belief that i can buy a second ticket for the same game afterwards. But this is not true is it?

22. whiskerxx

whiskerxx Member+

May 30, 2006
    You can buy another ticket....but might need to use a new identity! ;)

23. ACGreen

ACGreen Member

May 12, 2004
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No one is going do be doing ticket snatch and grabs on the way to the game (or anywhere fot that matter). Easier ways to make money. These kids are stealing GOLD chains off old ladies in downtown RIO, where shit is always going down.

They would have to snatch a ticket from a fan, hand the ticket off to a tout to then sell the hot ticket in a very short period of time. That takes planning, foresight and organization. Three things that anyone following the news out of Brazil recently knows are in extremely short supply.

Maybe to a final, but this is all a bit exaggerated. Some cities are a little sketchy at defined times and places. Worry about iphones, perhaps, but dont (ball) sweat the tickets.

24. PierreRenard

PierreRenard Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    ^^
    The issue here is the thief might want to steal your ticket to attend the match himself... Anyway, I expect that FIFA and Brazil will put some goddamn police protecting the fans. I will be attending a match involving Russia and I'm pretty sure we will be beaten inside the metro. I'm more concerned about that than with anything else. Last Euro was hell.

25. PierreRenard

PierreRenard Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Spoiler: might be a dumb question...

I reached my limit (7 matches) and can't buy tickets anymore. My girlfriend is my guest in a match. Can I create a new account with her name to buy more tickets? Is there a problem about she being a guest in my account and then using her account to buy matches for the same match she's already going and a couple others?