Pre-match: CL 1/2 FINALS 1ST LEG |FC Bayern München-Real Madrid | 4.23.14

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by P to the Wee, Apr 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matakos

Matakos Member+

May 18, 2009
    Macedonia, Greece
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Can't wait to see Lewandowski in a Bayern shirt. Mandzo is a good option to have but you can't rely on him in the big games. A Pep type CB would also be nice

2. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Can Laporte also play LB?

anticule and Romanero repped this.
  3. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sammer's, Pep's and Lahm's post match comments are a bit cringeworthy :\

4. arif

arif Member

Oct 20, 2006
    I know we lost but its not over guys come on where is your mia san mia!!!

Pep will get things right :)

Romanero and anticule repped this.
  5. FCB02062

FCB02062 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    South of Boston, MA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It really f#cking sucks that this club took their foot off the gas a month ago. Their form has been nothing impressive, more like a mid table side as opposw to fc bayern munchen. How a club goes from steamrolling everyone in EVERY competition to struggling in a tie vs a united side that just got itw manager sacked is beyond me.
    The tie is over unless bayern comes correct with their finishing boots. I'm afraid it'll take 3 goals to go through...

anticule, Romanero and Dhajj repped this.
  6. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You ok lads? Your possession stats were fantastic.

anticule, Romanero and Namejs repped this.
  7. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    so whats for dinner?

8. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    In tough European games this has always been the same Ribery. I can't remember a tough CL game he actually showed up

anticule, halamadrid00 and Romanero repped this.
  9. Occidio

Occidio New Member

Apr 23, 2014
    Toronto, ON
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm surprised all the Bayern fans are thinking this way? I love Real Madrid, but they have a horrible track record in Germany. Real Madrid tends to give up important goals early in ties so I wouldn't be shocked if Bayern scores early and causes real chaos. Additionally Bayern is under performing, if they up their game to the level we all know they can play at, it's going to be a hard fought tie. I want my team to go through buy there is still a very stiff test next week.

anticule, Minttunator and Romanero repped this.
  10. cliche_guevara

Jun 1, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    Winning all the time kind of stinks, because when you actually do lose, the self-flagellation and whinging from fellow fans is hard to take, as is the sound of people jumping from the bandwagon.

There's one more game. This tie sure as shit won't end 1-0. I have faith Pep and Co. have what it takes to turn this tie around in Germany.

Or do none of you know what kämpfen und siegen mean?

anticule, Minttunator, Romanero and 3 others repped this.
  11. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    i am not really too worried as well. I think the boys got what it takes to advance. this tie is FAR from over.

12. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    just read what i missed from this thread and there lots of overreaction.
    [​IMG]

13. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    i also blame @P to the Wee since he opened the thread. he had no business doing so. @Bavarian Queen i think you should open the return leg!

Romanero, Boandlkramer and Dhajj repped this.
  14. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Me making it only saved us from losing by more. If anything, I'm the only one with the winning formula for next week :cool:

Romanero repped this.
  15. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just watched the second half. Yikes...

16. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I said my biggest worry was getting out of 2nd gear since winning the league..

We were firing on all cylinders in all comps. We haven't been able to break out of this mentality..

Madrid defended well, we had the game in control for the first 15 mins. They blocked several shots and we had them pinned back.. That goal completely threw our game off for the entire match..

I really just don't see us going into 6th gear next week and playing a perfect game. (0 goals conceded).

If we haven't been able to get out of our mental funk by now, what makes you think we will Tuesday?

Pep has to make some bold moves next week and some favorites are going to have to sit out..

Romanero repped this.
  17. FCB02062

FCB02062 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    South of Boston, MA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bremen on Saturday? Guardiola needs to use the 11 for second leg v Madrid in this match. Guys on espn fc said once guardiola started resting guys and f#cking w the squad the lion lost its roar...espn fc guys said the team lost their cohesion once pep started his ********ing tinkering....espn fc guys are right on...

Romanero repped this.
  18. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We lost 1-0. Dortmund lost 3-0 in Madrid and nearly won the tie at home. There's still 90+ minutes to go.

19. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We all agreed he needed to rest his players for the CL games.. Also remember our players started to drop like flies again by that time..

Just our ********ing season this year..

Romanero repped this.
  20. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The fact we couldn't get 1 bloody goal is discouraging..

Barca and ATL Madrid were able to.

21. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We'll get our goals at home

Romanero repped this.
  22. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Don't worry I already started working on the thread :p...

For the real madrid boards of course :cool:

In all seriousness, I'm too busy studying and I'm wasting my time by just posting this message.

Bluecrux, anticule, Romanero and 2 others repped this.
  23. Jolly Rancha

Jolly Rancha Member+

Sep 23, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I hope Pep is humble enough to put his hands up and admit he got it colossally wrong with the tactics and substitutions today. What we miss with Lahm being played at DM far outweighs any imaginary gains Pep might think we have achieved! Its a formation that disrupts our defence and attack in so many ways it is not even funny. His lineup was Moyesesque tbh

What worries me is not the scoreline but the fact that we had almost 75 minutes to equalize and we did nothing about it! We have become so enamored with possession stats and passing accuracy that we don't even take risks in the final 3rd anymore! Everybody is so static! Everything telegraphed even pylons can go to sleep knowing we lack the wherewithal to penetrate defenses

I saw shades of our game with Barcelona last season only that we were far more clinical hence we won 4-0

We can still qualify but only if Pep goes back to the basics and staple of this team. With the double-pivot and with one of Goetze or Mueller in the midfield to provide penetration. Play Kroos or play Schweini but for goodness sake don't play both!! Not with Martinez on the pitch at least! Moving Lahm back to RB is a no-brainer

Cool Factoid: Dortmund are 8-2 in their last 3 home ties vs Madrid

Shame on us and Pep if we don't overturn this deficit! We are miles better than this Madrid team

24. FaceLess

FaceLess Red Card

Mar 19, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Was about to post about Ribery, his name has not been brought up at all in this thread.

I haven't caught every Bayern match this season but Ribery has looked like a shell of his former self. Is this from tactic changes under Pep?

25. Jolly Rancha

Jolly Rancha Member+

Sep 23, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    What happened to those long range bombs that Dante and sometimes Boateng used to ping to our frontmen earlier in the season. I can remember Mueller benefiting twice in the UCL vs Man City and also in some BuLi games. We could use some variety and spontaneity I want to see Pep show some tactical ingenuity and do something different to unlock Madrid's defence

anticule, Matakos and Romanero repped this.