Scorpyn's Scanner 2014

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by Scorpyn78, Feb 25, 2014.

1. scooterz

scooterz Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Thanks for clearing that up, Scorpyn. The app is a real work of art - you have my appreciation for sharing this with the Big Soccer community!

2. Sterobs85

Sterobs85 New Member

Apr 23, 2014
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Hi Guys

Sorry Ive joined the party late. And also apologies as I'm guessing this is a question thats already been answered but I couldn't find - does the app work on Mac?

Please don't berate me! Just desperate for a couple of tickets.

Cheers

SKULL_XD repped this.
  3. scooterz

scooterz Member

Mar 12, 2014
    @jamfactoryken suggested using virtualbox to run Windows on your Mac. I tried this on a Macbook Air, and it's currently working perfectly.

Cheers,

Scott

4. sats

sats Member

Jun 23, 2006
    Hi I have the scanner working at home with emails going to my work account. So if I get lucky and receive an email at work will I need to wait for the tickets to be released from my cart at home so I can then buy them at work. is this the best way or should I set the scanner to chill at home and wait for the email and then login at work.

I can't install the app at work...

5. Frank_Berns

Frank_Berns Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    #1330 Frank_Berns, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    So I downloaded the app, and set my email address. I included the Bosnia-Iran gem just to see if it works. Scan shows availability, but I'm not getting an email alert.

(I'm actually looking for Honduras-Swiss CAT3)

** also, what does it mean when it says -1 for availability?

6. fitzy1717

fitzy1717 Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

7. Jose_90_92

Jose_90_92 Member

Jan 18, 2014
    Rotterdam
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    This app is magnificent. I have spent hours checking for the tickets everyday and in many cases I was close enough to get them but probably someone using this app already got them before me just by a few second. Thank you very much for sharing it with all the people in big soccer.

Scorpyn I was wondering if it is possible to use it in a smart phone or if you developed a similar app? It would be incredible if during the world cup we can check and leave the app running in our smart phones 24/7 and maybe get surprised to get some tickets that we were looking.

8. onlinetick

onlinetick Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I am having an issue when I start the program, the browser only goes to "See Availability" box. If I leave it this way, and the scanner shows tickets for an event I have "add to cart" checked, it does not pass this page. If prior to running scanner, I click on "see availability" so it is on the list of events, it will attempt to get tickets. Do I have something set up wrong, or is this just a bug? Also, If scanner shows tickets and browser attempts to get tickets but fails, should I be able to hit start scanner again without restarting program? Currently if I hit "start scanning" after it fails to obtain tickets, the next time it attempts to grab tickets, it gets stuck on the captcha and does not submit it. Anyone else seeing these issues?

9. onlinetick

onlinetick Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I am also getting this error.

An error occurred in your web browser. Please reload the page.

Error: Unable to get property 'BasicCodes' of undefined or null reference

I have auto browsing at 3, Show Products 3, Add to Cart 1, Buy Another 3 as mentioned in an earlier post. I have also tried Show products on 4 and 5 and get the same error. Any ideas?

10. LucozadeWarrior

Feb 2, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ok installed telnet

Now getting an error saying could not open connection to host on port 587, Connect failed

Did the basic google search (see i learn :)) but getting too many technical threads to make sense of what is going on. Still cant send mail :(

11. lizsnooty

lizsnooty Member

Mar 25, 2014
    vancouver
    Club:
    Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    how did you fix audio? I can't seem to check the box beside the ticket for either email OR sound alert??? Help!

12. SKULL_XD

SKULL_XD Member

stop the scanner and try it to check the boxes.

13. LucozadeWarrior

Feb 2, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    ok so i restarted my comp and when i restarted my app it did send me an email the first time. now getting the same error again. Hve tried shutting down the app and restarting it but still getting the same error.

14. lizsnooty

lizsnooty Member

Mar 25, 2014
    vancouver
    Club:
    Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    thank you. have sound now ... one more question... the first time it auto added to basket (as requested) the second time it only went to the page without actually adding (despite request to do so) ideas? much appreciated

15. enthusiastic

enthusiastic Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Are you at home or at work? Are you sure there isn't any firewall rules? Antivirus or Internet Security apps, perhaps? The telnet result you got isn't what you want if you want email to work properly. Something is blocking the port and hence these issues.

16. enthusiastic

enthusiastic Member

Oct 28, 2013
    It is advisable to restart the app once it adds ticket(s) to cart. Will be fixed later.

17. lizsnooty

lizsnooty Member

Mar 25, 2014
    vancouver
    Club:
    Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    you are my hero - it works if re-start

enthusiastic and Stuckin1au repped this.
  18. Martin NYC

Martin NYC Member

Dec 25, 2013
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am also having this issue. I was briefly able to mark the checkboxes somehow but now I cannot again. Any suggestions?

19. Martin NYC

Martin NYC Member

Dec 25, 2013
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Of course the answer was posted while I was writing my post. I apologize!

20. paulc.10

paulc.10 Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I would like to applaud Scorpyn for this amazing app!

Quick question (may have been answered before, apologies), what's the difference between 0 availability and -1?

21. hiragii

hiragii Member

Dec 18, 2013
    This was the first idea I had and few weeks ago, and I tried it, but the battery was draining after4-5 hours, as you need to make an HTTP request every few seconds.

Having Scorpyn's app in the PC is probably the best solution. You will also get an email when the ticket is added to the cart. This way, as soon as you see the email you can connect remotely to your PC (you can probably even do that from your smartphone) to pay for the tickets.

22. sebastianlarsson

Jan 28, 2014
    Just got a ticket thanks to the app :) Game 53, awesome!

Scorpyn78 repped this.
  23. Jose_90_92

Jose_90_92 Member

Jan 18, 2014
    Rotterdam
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yes this tool is amazing. Its a shame I just discovered it and lost many opportunities to get some tickets that I wanted. I least I got a bit lucky in the last phase and got some really good games. Now I am just looking for the open ceremony and a semi in BH.

I'm not a tech guy but I got what you meant. However, I am scared that as I get an email notification and try to log in and all that process to get the tickets that I need, they would be gone as they appear in pairs really remotely. If you know any other tips please let me know. I think I'll leave the app opened at home and tell my mom to do it for me in case some semis pop up.

24. hiragii

hiragii Member

Dec 18, 2013
    If you get an alert from Scorpyn's scanner it means that the ticket is already added to your cart, so the ticket will be reserved for you for the next 15 minutes. You won't lose it until the allotted time expires.

If that happens, just call your mother (or ask her to call you if she hears the music alert) to guide her through the payment process within the Scanner's browser or, alternatively, connect remotely to your PC using Team Viewer.

25. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Congrats ;-)

Argentina game in BH was available. Didn't get added to cart, got stuck in the captcha. Needed to restart and then they were gone. Anyone got them?

Aguilucho 2014 repped this.