Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich | UEFA Champions League Semi-Finals - 1st Leg|4.23.14[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, Apr 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    so far so good, but we need, no we MUST score those goals..

2. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Tiki-taka which seems to just result passing to Alaba for a hopeful cross.

3. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think I'd sub anyone out at the moment, I don't want to mess with this 4 man midfield

4. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    we should be up 3 - 0, hopefully we come out mentally composed after the break. I'm a little worried about our shape at the back, need to reset mentally.

Lyra repped this.
  5. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think the "misses" are now out of our system.

We will score atleast 2 more I think in the second half if they keep it the same.

6. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    This.

Xabi had a great first half. Let's hope he keeps it up.

raven3k, MadridOzil, Lyra and 2 others repped this.
  7. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    it seems like they just play out wide and hope to either cross or have something go through the middle.

really got lucky on 2 shots that the backline saw coming at them.

i have lost my voice.

i think the police have been called.

we

Karthik repped this.
  8. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I am more concerned about conceding than scoring. We have to keep these guys from scoring. I do wish Di Maria and Cristiano didn't blow those chances.

9. sleepyvato50

sleepyvato50 Member+

Feb 11, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Good first half but they need to make sure to capitilize on chances like that.

Hopefully the second half is the same but with more goals in Madrid's favor.

anticule and Zidane05 repped this.
  10. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I will gladly go to the Allianz Arena with a 1-0 lead. An away goal would pretty much seal the deal for us over there, unless our defense goes brain dead. That Benzema goal was great, and I liked that Bayern showed some class when Pepe went down. I can't blame Webb for not giving the foul though, Pepe does have a pretty bad diving reputation.

11. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    20% - 80%

very interesting

12. demo_g

demo_g Member+

Jan 13, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm not sure we can keep them from scoring for another 45 minutes. They have way too many corners for my liking and I'm not sure our defence can stay focus entire game. If i was Carlo and would try to keep more possession in the second half.

13. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I can't believe Ronaldo isn't going nuts for that 15th champions league goal! He's supposed to be making history right now, can't believe he's blowing chances like that!

14. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    We've been very good defensively, compact.

Missed chances are killing us, need a second and hopefully Bayern push up even more.

Iker... man, he's just randomly hoofing the ball upfield, it hasn't been even close to anyone at times. Don't play him the ball.

temesgen and sleepyvato50 repped this.
  15. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Should have been atleast 2-0 up. Di Maria has been shit.And Casillas always gives back the possession ffs ! I just hope the misses don't come back to haunt us .
    This Bayern side is highly over rated, they are not even a shade of Barcelona of 2009. Pretty sure their back line will have a horrendous time against BBC.

16. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its not really up to Carlo, is it? Our players have to be smart when releasing the ball. Did you see how many lame passes we made attempting to advance the ball? Carlo certainly would want more possession, it is on the players to freaking hold the damn ball.

temesgen, zohee, RMSocrates and 2 others repped this.
  17. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    They just showed that chance by Ronaldo. ... Their team is so damn slow, we just have to take advantage on the counter.

18. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ramos and Pepe are incapable of passing out properly from the back. Almost every clearance was missing the target and Bayern DOMINATED possession. It's kinda unnerving to watch us play without the ball...especially with so much quality on the other team.

Damn right. Pepe and Ramos are being fortresses in the defense, but brain dead passing out. Inexcusable! Isco is having difficulty passing too, because they are pressing the living sh*t out of him!

19. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Easier said than done. They're just playing sideway passes that are going nowhere most of the time, and I'm happy with that. But when we've gotten possession we've given it right back, and it's been mostly Iker with his bad distribution or Pepe's inability to handle the ball for more than 2 seconds.

Bear Crotch and RMSocrates repped this.
  20. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Agreed, more balanced play with fast attacks and Bayern would be shitting bricks.

21. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Cmon Critiano, hit #15

22. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Been watching from the 20th min on. Interesting the kinda chances we have had even with the limited ball possession. Still we don't look bad, Isco is who we need to take this game over with. He has been silky smooth so far. Hoping to see Bale in the second.

23. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mentioning Pepe as being poor with the ball, and not mentioning Ramos' karate kicks and whiffs is odd.
    Carvajal and Coentrao solid today, gotta keep it up and not get complacent.

Bear Crotch repped this.
  24. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I hope we don't regret these missed chances. More importantly I feel we must not concede an away goal tonight. Please don't concede.

saadomar repped this.
  25. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You'd imagine Bayern will change things at half time, come flying out the blocks and we need to ride the storm like we did in the first period.

We will have chances for sure again, just need to make it count this time.