Adidas Thread [13] - Post all info, pictures & questions here.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Oct 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soccerfan010

Soccerfan010 Member

Jan 14, 2013
    I was referring to the grip on the ball, I didn't have any problem with the traction. All the zones had a lot of grip, but it was the "swerve zone" that caused me the most problems. Some people have said the grip goes away with time though.

2. EdgarZepeda

EdgarZepeda Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Hey All,

I had to conduct interviews for a media writing class I am taking in college and decided to do it on Nike and Adidas's relationship together. If any of you are willing, please take this survey I made. It is very quick and this community are experts on the subject! Mods, If there is a better place on this site to post the survey, I am very sorry and will delete upon request.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WBLPZBP

Thanks,
    Edgar

3. Oli Coultas

Oli Coultas Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Leeds
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Since when did sports direct start stocking top end adidas boots again? And nike aswell. Just went on and there's loads of them

4. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Really? It's hit and miss, the larger towns/city centres have better stock, the smaller towns all have like 3 tier and down boots.

5. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I think SD had a bit off a tiff with adidas over stock. It all kicked off over the Chelsea shirt, if I remember rightly; the clubs (and adidas) basically said they'd reviewed their distribution based on 'criteria such as in-store environment and customer service.' basically saying they wanted to retain prestige for their top shirts and boots.

Another - I'm sure entirely coincidental side effect - was getting shut of the only retailer to sell for more than 10-15% off the RRP set by adidas and the clubs.

Now, looking at SD.com, they're not taking orders for the new Chelsea shirt, so I imagine some kind of compromise has been reached.

6. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Most of the player issue models seem to have rubber on them. Muller at Bayern looked to have a printed upper on the toe box, but I think he was testing the Instinct disguised.

My take on the LZ series....good idea, below average execution. The boot suffers from a poor last fit. The toe box is too narrow and pointed on both and too low on the second model. The upper is ok, but it's actually better on the first model in terms of flex/molding to the foot. The second model feels too stiff at high demand use.

The boot could have been a lot better if they put a little more into it.

7. keytoarson

keytoarson Member

Jan 22, 2009
    MN
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Most stores tend to stock high end adidas boots it's Nike that they don't do. Those are saved for larger stores & online but you can always pick up the high end LZ etc at Sports Direct.

appleCORR

9. Loftshc

Loftshc Member

Mar 26, 2013
    For all you Nitrocharge wearers out there, what do you think of them? Would you recommend them?

Stuck between Nitrocharge and CTR360s

Thanks

10. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I had the nitro's when they were first released, Nice boot. At times felt a little clumsy, but a solid boot none the less,

but from what I've felt on the CTR's the kanga lite on the III's feel really good.

11. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Had the nitro charges before it was released. It's alright but the kanga lite on the 3 feel like real leather. Absolute dream to have used

12. FootySpy

FootySpy Member

Oct 22, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Adizero Primeknit concept
    [​IMG]

13. Loftshc

Loftshc Member

Mar 26, 2013
    What do you mean when you say clumsy?
    Thanks

14. Loftshc

Loftshc Member

Mar 26, 2013
    My only worry with the CTRs is that they will be too bulky (they look that way anyway)
    I often get speed boots because I like to have a close feel to the ball

15. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think he might mean that the touch of the boot was sometimes off because of the thick upper, and possibly because they are classed as a heavier boot.

I'm sure he will confirm - I don't know many NC users to be honest. Is there no way you can try boots on and decide for yourself? We can only advice on what feels best for us it doesn't mean its going to feel the same for you.

appleCORR

16. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    yeah, I think it's down to the materials used on the boot, like if there was more kanga lite and less mesh I think they could be a good boot, trim down the thickness of kanga lite.

You then run the risk of a boot being too similar to LZ's.

Best to try them on, Personally I don't think you can go wrong with CTR's, or LZ's. I've just got the LZ II and very happy with them.

17. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Either LZs are a good boot - if you want a thinner upper then got for the LZ2s.

I always thought the upper was too thick on the NC it was kind of like Adidas were trying to pacify the people who really loved the Power swerves. Only it didn't really work and adidas have not headed towards lighter boots again.

appleCORR

18. SSFC5

SSFC5 Member

May 17, 2011
    United States
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I switched from the LZ1 to NC's. Been wearing them since the summer. Can't say I was totally convinced by them. They are a bit thicker and a bit more stiff all around. I usually wear "heavier" or "power" boots for reference. However I recently moved onto the HyperVenom and preferm them over the NC. If I had to rank them it would be 1. HV 2. LZ1 3. NC

19. Loftshc

Loftshc Member

Mar 26, 2013
    There are no stores anywhere near me that stock top tier boots, unfortunately

20. Soccerfan010

Soccerfan010 Member

Jan 14, 2013
    Does anyone own a pair of the latest synthetic adizero? I've been thinking about picking up a pair of the Earth Pack colorway but I'd like to hear how people feel about them first, especially compared to the Vapor IX.

21. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I like them. I'd say they are very very similar to MV9s. Upper is slightly more padded, fit is very form fitting. Only complaint from me is the heel collar area. The SpeedFoil doesn't really fit well (crinkles) for me at least (maybe because I have wider and flat feet).

22. rabbitTeeth

rabbitTeeth Member

Mar 18, 2014
    Hey @Soccerfan010 hows it going brother, so i think you've not decided to go with the predator LZ route ya? Regarding the Micoach 3 synthetic, i only tried it in the store for like 2 minutes but i chose some other leather boot. However, i think its highly regarded, its actually @JayMike-DK 2013 boot of the year and @vujojosh "control" boots of the year 2013.

23. Oli Coultas

Oli Coultas Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Leeds
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Bales boots.. whats the heel counter? uploadfromtaptalk1398771662412.jpg

serginhobertholi repped this.