England U-17 Discussions Thread #3 (2007 born)

Discussion in 'England' started by england66, Jul 8, 2011.

1. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    I'm not entirely sure what has happened with Rossiter but don't think he was considered for the tournament after missing out so much. Crowley is on standby. Very surprised by that.

2. zXen

zXen Member

Oct 16, 2008
    England
    The whole Rossiter situation is a mess and should have been cleared up by the FA a long time ago because players like him are the difference between winning the tournament. Placing Crowley on standby is a strange move to make, but this doesn't surprise from Peacock.

3. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    I'm not entirely sure that the FA have done much wrong if anything with Rossiter. Hard to keep calling him for him to then pull out.

4. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    I would name him in every squad and force him to pull out publicly.

5. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I like our squad but how does Callum Cooke make it if Dan Crowley is on stand by?

6. itsonlymemate

itsonlymemate Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Crowley is good but people are over rating him here. hes a liability defensively and couldn't even start in the FA youth cup, when he came on he was awful. didnt look anything like playing to the required standard

7. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    He was playing against a load of players that were built like fully grown men to be fair.

8. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #2008 The Guardian, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    I'm not surprised about Rossiter and Crowley. And I've always liked Cooke. I would have expected Mitchell to get the chop instead of Niles though - but not a lot in it I suppose.

I just hope there are no withdrawals now - but that is probably asking too much.

9. kent paul

kent paul Member

Jan 2, 2004
    england
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The FA should not go begging to any player especially some 16 year old kid so if Rossiter does not want to play fu*k him and pick somebody who does, as for Crowley he has only just come back from injury so maybe the FA and Arsenal have agreed to ease him back rather than rush him too quickly

10. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    We seem to have one right back too many - and one "proper midfielder" short. I suppose Kenny could fill in at centre back.

11. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    At least there are players forcing probably better players to work for their spots, which tells how deep we are talent wise. Just lookin at the positives.

12. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    Not overrated at all, big talent. He didn't start because he's just back after a long injury . Couldn't care less if he's not good defensively as a number 10, he was most of the time England 's best player and should be there. It sounds like you saw him for the first time in the youth cup game vs Chelsea

dbs235 repped this.
  13. sharpovic

sharpovic Member+

May 20, 2010
    He was a shadow of himself that's the main thing

14. itsonlymemate

itsonlymemate Member

Apr 1, 2013
    #2014 itsonlymemate, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    not at all. ive probably watched him more times than you, and actually seen him live aswell.

also every player has a role to play defensively hence him stariing the the 1st game then proceeding to the bench in game 2.

15. dbs235

dbs235 Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Mata is a brilliant number 10 but useless defensively which is why Mourinho sold him. I'd rather our number 10 (e.g. Crowley) is actually good at football like Mata rather than just being able to defend otherwise the whole attack ends up like James Milner.

16. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Well, Crowley won't be getting any bigger in the next two weeks.

17. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #2017 The Guardian, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    By "live" I take it you mean "in the flesh" .I find it weird that Jamie Carracher and Steve Gerrard have the same problem and don't seem to understand you can watch football live on TV (every day of the week usually).

18. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    And yet Crowley started in the away leg a week earlier - when he couldn't get a look in either.

19. Juni

Juni Member+

Nov 26, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Cooke's really good himself and will serve a different purpose, he's more of an 8 and Crowley's a 10. Would expect Cooke to stand out and surprise a lot of people.

20. DeanoArsenal

DeanoArsenal Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Crowley has clearly missed out because he has been out for three months with injury and the players that have been picked over him have all had very good seasons so no basis for them to be dropped. Like someone else said it should be seen as a positive that we haven't felt the need to call up a half fit player no matter how talented he is.

As for Crowley being overrated...I think most people on here would rate him as a fantastic talent that could potentially be a special player which I think is fair. A poor 20 minutes after being out for 3 months shouldn't negate that.

21. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    He wouldn't be playing against U19's in two weeks though.

22. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    He wasn't playing against u19s last week.

23. itsonlymemate

itsonlymemate Member

Apr 1, 2013
    oh dear.

24. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Well, it wasn`t but there were a few u19 players there like Akpom, Houghton, Kamara, Beeney,Dabo,Vickers, Ormonde-Ottewill, Siemann,Jebb,Mitchell(sub). There were a lot of 96s obviously.
    Loftus-Cheek, who dominated the game, was born in January '96. He's 20 months older than Crowley and obviously much bigger.
    This Euro u17 is only for 97-born players so Crowley would do much better IMO. The opposition players won't be as physically developed as RLC and Houghton.

25. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    The Youth Cup is for lads in their second year after leaving school - or YOUNGER. Boy wonders who have left school and coming to the end of the first season shouldn't be considered unable to compete at this level. Crowley was actually playing at this level the PREVIOUS season as well. Six months ago people were talking about him rocketing through the levels to the first team.

And now this. Off the top I can think of three Chelsea lads that are still at school but started the last game against Arsenal.