World Cup Travel - Manaus

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by Riker, Dec 7, 2013.

1. donovan2dempsey

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I'm interested in doing a day trip on June 22nd if anyone else is interested.

2. Patutube

Patutube New Member

Mar 18, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    That's cool. We'd be happy to join with you guys. Could you keep me posted if you hear anything? I'll do the same. Thanks!

3. Sluroots

Sluroots Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Sep 2, 2013
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I booked with Amazon EcoAdventures. Pedro and staff are usually very prompt with email response and all the reviews I have found so far have been very positive for the most part. I booked a one day trip to Presidente Figueiredo on the 20th. I figured I could easily find a boat just to take me out to the meeting of the waters on some other afternoon and wanted to see some of the falls/caves. Check out their website (http://amazonecoadventures.com/ and if anyone is interested in more information on the day trip I booked, feel free to PM me.

4. mkdaman1818

mkdaman1818 Member

Manchester United
    Canada
    Feb 16, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I booked with Pedro too - doing the piranha fishing/alligator spotting day tour with meeting of the waters. Very easy to deal with. So pumped. Does anyone know what the recommended vaccinations are if we are staying for 2 days?

5. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Anyone done a jungle tour before from Manaus. Im thinking of requesting a customized itinerary that focuses on jungle/trekking/canoe/fishing.

Questions:

- meeting of the waters: How necessary is this, seems like a time waster. I get it, the water has two colors.
    - swimming with dolphins: Seems like a time waster.

2 day, 1 night.

6. ddennis17

ddennis17 New Member

Mar 27, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Hi Guys,
    I have accommodation available in Manaus from the 16th to 18th June as well as cat 3 match tickets for the Cameroon v Croatia game.

My group will not be heading up north for the game so have these available if anyone wants the tickets or accommodation or both at face value

Have 6 tickets and 3 double rooms at lord Manus Hotel.

PM me if anyone is keen

7. Phil C.

Phil C. New Member

Apr 23, 2014
    Charleston, SC
    Hey everybody,
    I'm heading to Manaus for the USA Portugal game. Anybody looking for a roommate? I'll be glad to split the cost and I also speak portuguese as well, so that can come in handy.

8. DC_United10

DC_United10 Member

Mar 25, 2014
    Club:
    DC United
    We were unable to secure any hotels in Manaus so we are staying in the Amazon at Pousada Bella Vista in Arquipélago de Anavilhanas for a few days and going on some of the adventures. 2 questions, has anyone stayed there or have any suggestions on which tours to take?

and 2) we are coming back to Manaus the day of the US match (22nd) but will need to keep our bags somewhere since we fly out that night after the match. Anyone know where we can possibly store luggage?

Thanks in advance!

9. Riker

Riker Member

Jan 26, 2005
    US
    DC, I'm Manaus oficial bag keeper.

TRUEAGGIE repped this.
  10. DC_United10

DC_United10 Member

Mar 25, 2014
    Club:
    DC United
    I like that title.

I am going to look into some of the Hostels to see if they have lockers. If not, I will get in touch with you.

11. Kat76

Kat76 Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Boston
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For those interested in a 6hr boat tour - InBrazil mentioned this vendor http://www.amazonhandbook.com/tourism/tours-and-travel/amazon-cup-cruise

A boat tour with open bar sounds like a spring break money trap. I'd love a combo boat trip and hike. Any other day trip suggestions? I'm coming in late on 21st, leaving 24th. With game on 22nd, just have 23rd for an Amazon tour/hike.

12. OscW

OscW New Member

Dec 6, 2013
    Stockholm
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I'm looking for people who are interested in sharing accommodation to cut costs as well. I'm a lone traveler from Sweden staying in Manaus from June 21th to June 26th. If anyone is interested in even just one or two of these days drop me a message or add me on facebook.

Also, if anyone have or has heard of a spare ticket (Preferably US supporter sections) to the game i would consider paying above face for it.

13. Alexjbaum

Alexjbaum Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Orlando, fl
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wondering if anybody had any extra space available for 2 people. will be in manaus from 6/20-6/22. Thanks!

14. Mike M

Mike M New Member

Apr 27, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hey all,

My brother, a friend and I have procrastinated our way into planning a somewhat last-minute trip to Manaus for US-Portugal. Since there doesn't seem to be anything left via the traditional hotel/hostel sites, I think we are going to go the airbnb route and rent out someone's apartment.

Anyone else looking for lodging and want to group up for safety and to save money? Also looking for three tickets if anyone has some left.

Message me if interested.

Thanks!

15. uuaww

uuaww Member+

Nov 21, 2007
    New Orleans, LA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    looking for a place to stay in manaus 22-23 for 3-4 guys. not a lot needed... just a bed and safe.

16. Nathan B.

Nathan B. New Member

Apr 29, 2014
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Haven't had much luck finding accommodations in Manaus from june 19-24 for 5 people. Anybody know of any availability at hotels, apartments?

17. Alexjbaum

Alexjbaum Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Orlando, fl
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Airbnb is your best bet at this point

18. brianclay7

brianclay7 New Member

Jul 1, 2002
    Does anyone know if there will be shows going on at the Opera House (Teatro Amazonas) during the World Cup? If so, where can you buy tickets?

19. cossack

cossack Member

Loons
    United States
    Mar 5, 2001
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Get a hold of Mark at Swallows. He's got some a/c bunks left on the houseboat June 19-21 or 22. That's what we're on.

In my search, came across availability here as well:
    http://www.antonio-jungletours.com/
    Or
    http://www.amazongreentour.com/

20. Bukester

Bukester Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Hey cossack, my crew is on that same Swallows and Amazons boat as you! Are you headed direct ot the US-Portugal match after?

21. cossack

cossack Member

Loons
    United States
    Mar 5, 2001
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome!

Match day too close call for us.
    We're jetting back to Manaus on the 21st to take in pre-game partying!

22. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yellow fever for most of brazil. A host of Hep A/B, Typhoid and others that are general developing world vaccinations needed. Malaria prophylaxis is probably up to you.

23. silicus

silicus Member

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Feb 26, 2008
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't find an official website. All I could find is a telephone number off the Brazilian government site:

Amazonas Theatre
    The Amazonas Theatre dates back to 1896 and all construction materials used at the time came from Europe. It is a symbol of the region's prosperity during the golden years of rubber production.
    Visits have to be scheduled. Telephone: + 55 (92) 3622-1880
    Address: Praça do Congresso - Centro

Source: http://www.copa2014.gov.br/en/sedes/manaus/cidade

24. Patutube

Patutube New Member

Mar 18, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Would appreciate advice from locals..

I am landing June 12th at 1:30. Do you think it will be possible to drop stuff at Hotel Express Vieiralves and go to the fanzone for the first match at 4:00PM? How do you think airport situation (guessing not too bad as most international fans won't arrive Manaus as first location) and taxi situation (afraid most drivers will stop driving to catch the game) will be?

If you think we can't make it, will there be good spots to catch the game nearer to the hotel? Really want the atmosphere. Otherwise I might have to carry my luggage to the fanzone direectly from airport lol

25. MauroJ1

MauroJ1 Member

Jan 27, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Are you still doing the tour? Let me know I'm interested.