Alert: COPA DEL MONDO 2014: GROUP STAGE (1) ITALY VS ENGLAND, MANAUS, AMAZONAS, BRAZIL

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by world cup lover, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    You have two guys who don't track back in Balotelli and Cassano, and Rossi who hasn't played in months and won't be fully fit….hence zero movement. Cerci and Immobile should both start or at least one of them (at the minimum).

2. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I guess you missed my post above yours. No I am not talking about the midfield. Im talking about the attack. Names don't make an effective team and your attack might just be the most static lazy attack imaginable. It needs a mix of different styles

totti fan repped this.
  3. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    I can't support Rossi playing this summer. I feel sorry for him but he has spent more time injured than playing.

Also, in comparison to Totti, in 2006 we also had ADP so we weren't only relying on Totti.

4. Scorp redded

Scorp redded Red Card

Jul 14, 2012
    Sadly, this is true. Prandelli did keep Cassano in the mix even though he had not played a game in almost a year, but it ended badly when Prandelli was forced to sub him off in the final when he could not go anymore, costing us a valuable substitution and ensuring a record loss.

However, there was a player with the same family name as Giuseppe that pulled off a miraculous comeback in time to perform amazing feats which had never been seen before or since. Let's hope for a summer like '82, and not like '12.

jerrito repped this.
  5. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If Rossi is ready and cleared to go, he goes.

6. jerrito

jerrito Member+

Jun 22, 2006
    America
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well said!

7. Hulk_Hogan_Italia

AC Milan
    Italy
    Aug 17, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Cerci is garbage. He reminds me of a Iaquinta... pace with no skill or passing ability

LToni repped this.
  8. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    Except he makes great passes.

jerrito repped this.
  9. LToni

LToni Member

Nov 25, 2007
    toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I agree 100%. He should not even make the bench.

10. Hulk_Hogan_Italia

AC Milan
    Italy
    Aug 17, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Italy needs a creative forward like Totti or Cassano who knows how to make the killer pass. Italy did well in 2006 partly because they had Pirlo just ahead of the defence creating long balls and totti causing damage up front. in 2010, Italy had no Totti, no Cassano and Pirlo barely played and they tanked. If Cerci or Gilardino make team, I am going to give Cesare and high vertical suplex and finish him with the leg drop!

11. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL wow which games did u watch? the last italy game against spain he was the only one creating dangers...almost scored too

jerrito repped this.
  12. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lol at these morons never having seen Cerci play

jerrito repped this.
  13. Hulk_Hogan_Italia

AC Milan
    Italy
    Aug 17, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    The only morons are those who believe that Cerci would actually do something for Italy. I have seen he play several times and he is not impressive. I would rather have Cassano any day.

LToni repped this.
  14. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well let me tell you sumthin Mean Gene! The Hulkster and all his Hulkamaniacs have watching Cerci play and let me tell you sumthin brotha, The Hulkster likes what he sees...Alessio can make the pass brotha, dribble the ball brotha, and like all his Hulkamaniacs, trains hard, eats his vitamins..and not the kind the Spanish national team take brotha..im talking Flinstones vitamins brothaa and says his prayers...now Mean Gene, whatcha gonna do....whatcha gonna do Mene Gene when the force of Alessio Cerci, when the Azzurri blue run wild...on...youuu...whatcha gonna do brothaaa?!?!?

Deleted User x, Rossonero23 and jerrito repped this.
  15. Hulk_Hogan_Italia

AC Milan
    Italy
    Aug 17, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    I LOVE IT!
    Listen guys, maybe I was harsh in saying Cerci is garbage but I think we need a forward that can make that special killer pass. Cassano is a type of player that can make that one time pass which catches the other teams defence off guard. Who would you guys take as your 5 forwards? Mine would be

Balotelli
    Cassano
    Rossi
    Destro
    Immobile

16. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Great stuff Stamos lol. And doesn't Hogan have partial Italian heritage?

I think Cerci should and will make it…still your five is comprised of the other 5 forwards who have the best claim to go to Brazil. Its like Prandelli is the only person on the planet still considering Gilardino and Osvaldo. Almost every Italian fan wants to see some combination of those former 6 at the Cup these days (with Toni, Insigne, and Totti getting the rest of the dissenting votes). What the hell does our coach see that the rest of us seemingly can't??? Is Osvaldo the best benchwarmer ever? Is he highly adept at handing out water bottles during injury stoppages???

17. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rossi might not make it. Cerci should be ahead of destro. Italy needs a creator. Rossi and cassano can do that better than cerci but cerci is faster and can play on wings too. Italy needs a speedy dangerous player not a poacher like destro. Balo and immobile are the finishers and the other forwards need to be speedy and creative

18. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Football Italia says that Cassano, Paletta, and Parolo were among the fittest players during the tests. It also said that Cassano will still only go to Brazil if Rossi does not get fit in time. I've heard this same tidbit of information mentioned on RAI and various other sporting sources constantly. Where there is smoke there is fire. I think its safe to say that Prandelli will probably not take both at this point. My assumption is that the forwards are…

Balotelli: lock unless injured.
    Cerci: lock unless injured.
    Cassano or Rossi: depends on the latter's fitness.
    Gilardino or Immobile or Destro or Osvaldo: Two of these players will make it. Prandelli did say that it was not impossible that he would take both Destro and Immobile over the weekend. I don't buy it, but we can dream.

Funny enough that same report mentioned that Giaccerini and Diamanti may have fallen behind Parolo, Aquilani, Florenzi, and Verratti for the last remaining 1 or 2 spots in midfield. Who knows the authenticity of any of this stuff, but the whole "Cassano is in if Rossi is out" news keeps getting mentioned to the point that I'm starting to believe it fully.

19. Davide13

Davide13 Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I can foresee a final 23 where Prandelli selects both Rossi and Cassano.

My predicted final 23 for him:

Buffon Sirigu Mirante
    Barzagli Bonucci Chiellini Paletta Romulo DeSciglio Criscito
    Pirlo Candreva DeRossi Montolivo Motta Marchisio Parolo
    Balotelli Cerci Gilardino Cassano Immobile Rossi

Possible starting 11 vs England:

Buffon
    Romulo Barzagli Bonucci Chiellini
    DeRossi Pirlo Marchisio
    Cerci Balotelli Cassano
    Other players that could break into that 11: Motta for Marchisio and move DeRossi to the left. Also Candreva for Cerci.
    I think Chiellini might be on the left again because Italy is weak there.
    For the record I prefer Pasqual to Criscito.
    Finally, I think Destro is not going.

20. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Clearly you haven't. Cerci has been one of the best italian players of this season.

And Cassano and Cerci aren't competing with eachother for a spot.

21. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    what lmfao

indestructible repped this.
  22. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Every major tournament morons flood this board offering their opinions on players they've never seen

On what planet does Cerci play like Iaquinta?!

La Magica repped this.
  23. Hulk_Hogan_Italia

AC Milan
    Italy
    Aug 17, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    First of all I have been watching soccer for over 25 years and not just the major tournaments. I have a right to my opinion and just because you don't agree with my opinion you call me a moron. A lot of people say that Cassano is crap and he shouldn't play because he missed a penalty. While I disagree with that statement I don't call the person a moron. You probably wouldn't call me a moron face to face I bet.

totti fan repped this.
  24. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Who said anything about Cassano?

You're right. You have a right to an opinion, even if it is an uneducated one. And I have a right to call out who I feel is being a moron. In this case you and LToni

LOL wouldn't call you a moron face to face? Buddy i've crushed human skulls with my bare hands. If you want to continue this in an uncivil manner then follow me to the rivalry thread. I don't want to derail the subject matter

25. Hulk_Hogan_Italia

AC Milan
    Italy
    Aug 17, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    How do you crush human skulls in a message board? LOL How can I take you seriously with comments like that.