News: League

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by spinman, Apr 11, 2014.

1. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Expanded playoff could just mean over the 5 divisions who knows . I did like the SISL Name Super indoor soccer league ) that was mentioned as a joke on sams show today buy it could work this is going to be the largest soccer league in the united states

2. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The best thing would be to have a expansion draft if their is a salary cap .
    Round one ( teams can protect its local players )
    Round Two ( teams have first right of refusal on existing contracts )
    Round 3 and so on would go by a Lottery .
    Its just a idea

3. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that mini game crap has to go IMO at least play two 15 min halves .

4. Joey Tee

Joey Tee Member

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 12, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

come on brother...of course it is

5. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Soccer Sam sees the glass as 150% full.

cardshopmd repped this.
  6. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Soccer Sam is the new face of the league , He's taking his sauces nation wide .[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] .

7. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    So ... no news until the May meeting?

Multi-Point Scoring forever!

8. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never understood why all the parameters of a complicated issue regarding a league that won't play for another seven months all have to be sorted out right at this moment because people surely can't wait.

I mean, there was a guy within minutes of the pseudo-announcement asking about the playoff format. The freaking playoff format? Really?

9. Mad Header

Mad Header Member

Mar 8, 2001
    Mt Prospect
    They don't have to be sorted out right at this moment, but I think some of the diehards who hang out on this board are excited and curious about how the revamped league will take shape, and this being a message board about discussing that topic....

Also, I think it might be an overreaction to the seemingly many times in the past when the various leagues have dicked around to the very last minute, to the point where the league structure and schedules were announced with very little time to sell tickets to actual games. Granted it's only April, but the sooner they figure everything out, the sooner the preparation for next season can begin.

I hope Syd is heavily involved in whatever negotiation and planning is going on, because he brings all the wisdom from this message board to the table with him. :D

10. misl87

misl87 Member

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    That's correct. We the fans should get the info. We go to the games, buy the tickets the merchandise. We need to know whas going on. Who thinks we don't is a fool!

11. misl87

misl87 Member

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    We need to know whats going on. (Sorry)

12. misl87

misl87 Member

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    I just want to know if it will have a new name? <remainder of post deleted as unhelpful to conversation--Mod>

13. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is a lot of legal issues to deal with to get things done right .The MISL is holding up the Lancers still and several teams have not produced arena leases . They are going to hold off announcing anything un till the 19th .

14. misl87

misl87 Member

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    WOW! I get deleted? For what he writes and how he speaks about others. Thats alright? WOW.

mjames1229 and GoStorm repped this.
  15. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your enthusiasm for the sport is great, but as much as you may want to know what the new league will be like, you don't need to know.

16. mng146

mng146 Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    I must be a fool too, since I agree. They'll let the fans who buy the tickets and the merchandise in on appropriate details when they're ready. It's just part of our now immediate gratification society - those who can't wait, and they want to know NOW, dammit! Because they're, like, entitled to and stuff.

The $64 question leading up to the 19th is...can Soccer Sham keep his big trap shut until then?

17. misl87

misl87 Member

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Why don't I need to know? Without us no league no sport. I shouldn't know what is going on? Just show up when we tell you. Ok but I want your deposit money for your season seats now! The name of the league? You don't need to know!

18. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    As nice as it would be to tell you everything now it's not even possible. No one is withholding information from the fans.

cardshopmd repped this.
  19. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is not a lot to tell , right now the league is called the "Paper League " because that is all they are doing gathering info , arena leases , releases for the usl , deposit checks ,and finding out just who will be a part of the league .

20. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Syd, one question I think you may be able to answer now: Will the PASL-Premier be around next year?

I ask because I am a fan of a team who will likely be playing there come this fall.

21. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Absolutely!

MLSinCleveland repped this.
  22. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks!

23. dcunitedTV

dcunitedTV Member

Sep 30, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the real story at the moment is what the heck is going on with the Lancers. Sam has been saying for weeks that his lawyer is working on it.

24. Scott717257

Scott717257 Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Club:
    --other--

Who says we cant know now?! I want to know NOW!!!

PepsiAddict repped this.
  25. Sgt. Soccer

Sgt. Soccer Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Wichita, KS
    For some reason I can not rep this so.....REP