Team News 2013/2014

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by kgilbert78, Jun 7, 2013.

1. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Very entertaining battle tomorrow! Looking forward to watching it.Who knows maybe a strong drive at the end of the season will be possible for us after all ?? Its interesting to see how we will handle the crunch time against relegating sides!

2. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Ter Stegen situation is more confusing. His agent has come out to say if he reads the report right his player will not be able to be at Barca next season. A contract is signed but Barca cannot register him until July 1 which is during the ban so they can't do it. The only hope is an appeal and the court suspending the ban while the appeal is reviewed.

I don't know what this means for us. If Barca has already paid us for him then we probably don't care. If they haven't then I wonder if we have the money to still buy Sommer or what we will do.

3. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Don't worry, MATS will definitely be moving to Barca this summer and we get some nice cash for him. What worries me though, is the Luuk de Jong issue (he hasn't scored for Newcastle yet, so I'm not sure they really intend to sign him).

4. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You read my mind!!!
    Just checked out Luuk's situation past week...and it wasn't really good.Seems like he plays as a sub mostly and yet to conquer the gates:(
    On another note..Marco Marin seems like shinning bright in Spain! Somehow i wouldn't mind having him back at the Park :)

5. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We have signed a winger from VFB!
    "Ibrahim Traore"??? Don't know much about him....lets hope he is worthy to be a borusse!

6. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #456 Borussia, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
    "Shining bright" mainly on the Seville bench. ;-))

He won't be playing for us again (I have some insider knowledge about his departure from Borussia-Park in the meanwhile, so I actually don't feel the desire to see him back) ... and we don't need him.

http://www.borussia.de/english/seas...=10608&cHash=324bd6fc56398073593c4cf35ce9bf78

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...bach-vermeldet_traorc3a9-kommt-im-sommer.html

He almost scored against us last Saturday (hitting the bar with a free-kick shot just before our late 1:1) and is a good technician with amazing pace (like Andre Hahn). Surely another promising signing for us. :thumbsup:

Rosebud and LuckyStriker repped this.
  7. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

So all the comparison btwn Marin and Messi is BS?? I read a few articles that he is actually coming around in spain ???
    If he can bring back that form of his...of course with a reasonable price...i still like ( well liked his style of play back when he was a gladbacher)
    As far as need goes....i guess we don't really need him.But remains to be seen how these new additions & signings will mix and prove quality on the pitch!

8. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I like Traore, Maxim is the under-rated attacker of theirs I really like, but Traore is a lot like Hahn with a little more technique but less speed and size. I think both are great depth, but a guy like Drmic would be a lot better as a regular. And hell if they get relegated the 3.5M that his buyout drops to would be totally affordable alongside a CB like Schar.

9. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    #459 timh19, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
    I don't know about the ''less speed'' bit. Traore is pretty damn fast. In terms of acceleration and running with the ball, Traore looks faster than Hahn (at least on TV). Traore's acceleration is very impressive( I think up there with the fastest in world football). Hahn's top speed is pretty high though. So maybe he beats Traore in that aspect.

The problem with Traore is that his decision-making can be Gervinho-esque unfortunately. But he can still improve on that. He will turn 26 in a few days. He is supposed to be hitting his peak now. Hopefully Favre will be able to teach him a thing or two.

I've followed Marin this season and he's played pretty well. Unfortunately, he's missed a lot of the season because of injuries. But when he plays, he is useful. The Sevilla fans love him. His dribbles are good, his decision making is also pretty good. He's a very creative player. His big problem is that he is a defensive liability although he did work hard defensively against Real Madrid recently( but most of the time he doesn't bother tracking back). His shooting ability is also not the best but that's never been one of his fortes. He is a good playmaker and in Spain they have a strong appreciation for playmakers. In the round of 16 of the Europa League against Betis, Marin was key in turning the tie around by creating the first two goals for Sevilla in the 2nd leg. If I were Marin, I would stay at Sevilla.

10. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You may be right about them running with the ball, but Hahn is insanely fast. Like he's up there with Herrmann and Walcott for one of the fastest players in the game.

11. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am excited by the Traore signing. He has been a big part of Stuttgart picking up points lately. Didn't get enough minutes baffingly with Labbadia and even with Schneider to an extent.

Maxim....ehhh I dunno that guy is over rated to me. He is like Kiyotake. People think these guys are so great but it is mostly because of dead ball delivery. That leads to 80% of their assists. The rest of their game is so so. We already have a much better player in Maxim's position: Raffael. He would merely be a back-up.

Drmic has bigger clubs than us like Dortmund and Arsenal sniffing around. I think if Nurnberg go down, they will be the ones he heads to. That said, I agree he is an excellent player and would love to get him. I just doubt it.

With these shrewd signings by Eberl: Fabian Johnson (Free), Ibrahim Traore (Free), Andre Hahn (2.5m), Yann Sommer (9m I believe) and MAtS supposedly leaving for 12m we are basically cash neutral. We lack a Center Back, that is the one position needed. There is some cover because both Nordtveit and Jantschke can deputize there, but really we looking at an aging Stranzl and Dominguez as first choice. With european competition most likely, we need more depth so I hope they get someone. Then I think we are done for transfer market. Maybe another striker back-up too. Elias Kachunga is on loan in BL 2, right? I think he might have talent to be a back-up striker with Mlapa/Hrgota.

12. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #462 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014

I have always pointed out about a solid centre back...but those come around once in a blue moon ( if lucky)...and if we manage to develop one or snatch an architect of the game that can build drives and clear offensives it will be only a matter of time before the big guns buy them....entering into CL might change a lot of things and perhaps make us an attractive german outfit for solid players to stick around longer.Generated revenue is also a key factor if we can survive a few rounds...our new signings at the moment are beyond anybody's wildest dream and look exciting and very promising...at least on the paper.I think favre must be happy as well and most likely capable of building a pretty potent unit !
    Jantschke can develop to a much higher caliber ( in my opinion) and is our best bet in that position & some needed luck with stranzl enduring another long season with the extra load of euro competition in the horizon!Favre hopefully can structure some of his genius in some new schemes with the new mix at his disposal and enough time during off season!

www.fotobahn.com

13. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No worries old friend, Gladbach signed German Youth National player Steffen Nkansah (CB)

[​IMG]

Sure he won't help right from the start but will apprentice to Stranzl and has great potential.

14. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Actually we also have an ocean of wealth in our youth squad in our great youth program school which are up and coming...thats where we as Borusse differ from the rest of the clubs both locally and abroad.Its something to be proud of...i have a feeling we will have some really great guys joining the main squad this up-coming season:ROFLMAO::rolleyes:;)

15. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah those Drmic to arsenal rumors have never made sense. BVB does make some sense, although i think they'll pursue more of a striker, like the recent Immobile rumors indicate. Which would leave Drmic a realistic target, especially if they go down, you qualify for the CL, and bring in Schar to fill the CB spot. Then you'd have present him with the opportunities, the PT, and the NT-dynamic to get him.

16. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  17. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Yeah. Gladbach will be super fast that's for sure ( traore, hahn, herrmann and fabian johnson). With Xhaka playing long diagonal balls to them on the break, the team could be a joy to watch next season.

I forgot that Kachunga is a Gladbach player. I've watched Paderborn a few times this season and he's been their best player(if not the best, certainly in the top 3). He is pretty skilful and quick. He's still 21 (soon 22) so he's definitely far from his prime. I think he will be a good Bundesliga player in the future but I am not sure if he will be quite good enough for a top 4 or 5 BL team(Gladbach's ambition).

Why not ? Cheap,young and talented and unknown in England. Wenger loves buying players like that. I am not sure Wenger will stay at Arsenal, though.

18. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kicker is reporting that Barcelona *will* be able to sign players in the upcoming window, as they would not have enough time to appeal the decision with FIFA otherwise. So, the ter Stegen transfer will go through.

19. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to Kicker, Xhaka got a 3000E fine for criticizing the ref after the game.

20. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Xhaka can be very happy not to be suspended by DFB. He obviously isn't the brightest guy...

21. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He's a bit of a hot head, actually reminds me of Boateng as a combative creative, although with a different skill set. He's still very young though, so has plenty of growing up still to do.

22. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  23. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We'll miss him. Hope his Spanish adventure turns out well.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS and Lahmfan repped this.
  24. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, I like Sommer a lot and am really excited to see him at gladbach, but even knowing it was kind of an eventuality, seeing ter Stegen leave this team I've come to have a lot of love for is very bittersweet. Shame I now have to hope for Barca to do well so his next chapter is a great one, but still one I hope to be able to read one day.

25. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I just wish we could somehow keep him....his type comes around ..not very often!
    He loved Gladbach in an old school way...which was once our trademark !