NSR: The Other Sports related thread

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by P to the Wee, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'd rather have calls in the last 5 minutes, especially in the playoffs, be reviewed by a central location. If the refs are unsure they can defer to HQ for the correct call.

This "evens out" bullshit doesn't fly when games are so tightly contested. Every possession and every call counts in the playoffs.

2. FaceLess

FaceLess Red Card

Mar 19, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    50 games in 3 seasons. We are becoming the Mavericks. Who wants to join and be his Robin

3. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So you want him to play injured so that he can be ineffective and useless so you can say he played in more games the last 3 years? [/logic]

4. FaceLess

FaceLess Red Card

Mar 19, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    He rested last year and still ended up injured. For a badly inept offensive team, he would help.

5. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He's not resting, he's still injured. He just recently passed the minimum time table for returning from this injury, no guarantee he's healthy now. Add the fact that we never practice this time of year and it's impossible for him to return right now.

6. Huckeye

Huckeye Member+

St Pauli
    May 31, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bulls might be the only team I'm not worried about being down 0-2.

7. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We can still come back, but our issues have been highlighted once again. We need to go all out for Melo. Butler Island, Rose, and Noah are the only untouchable for me. Prefer to keep Taj too, but if he has to go, then so be it.

8. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Considering Dirk is going to take a pay-cut next season, who do you think the Mavs might be able to lure to Dallas?

9. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think they sign Chris Bosh

10. Huckeye

Huckeye Member+

St Pauli
    May 31, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Agreed. Though I dont know about the other SG options out there, what do you think about potentially moving Jimmy Buckets to the 3 spot?

11. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Butler can play there, as we've seen how he plays Lebron, Melo, George, etc... The SG/SF positions are interchangeable really. Butler can guard all 2s and 3s, we just need someone that can score to complement him.

Huckeye repped this.
  12. FaceLess

FaceLess Red Card

Mar 19, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    If we put Butler at the 2 spot, we should trade for Love. Because we need shooters to spread the floor.

SG is the thinnest position of Elite players, in the league.

13. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Go after Melo first, Love is number 2 on my list. The reason I say go for Melo first is because we have Taj and Mirotic at PF so we can give up one and still have a very well rounded team. Giving up assets for Love and we'd have an open wing spot while 'wasting' one of Taj and Mirotic as a backup.

14. FaceLess

FaceLess Red Card

Mar 19, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    I definitely rather have Love but like you said he will demand big price tag in return.

15. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Can't believe it will be too big of a price tag considering he's a FA next year and will only limit the teams he'll accept a trade to, further hurting the Wolves. Boozer+rights to Mirotic+Sacramento pick+Bobcats pick selection+2015 Bulls 1st+2017 Bulls 1st should do it for Love. The thing is I prefer:

PG-Rose
    SG-Butler
    SF-Anthony
    PF-Gibson
    C-Noah

over

PG-Rose
    SG-Butler
    SF-?
    PF-Love
    C-Noah

16. FaceLess

FaceLess Red Card

Mar 19, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Agreed. My argument in favor of Love would be Heat & Spurs are on their last legs. Anthony might start declining quickly so by the time SA/Miami falls off, so will our big pickup. Love makes us a legit contender for the next 5 years. Plus he's much hungrier than Mello

17. Huckeye

Huckeye Member+

St Pauli
    May 31, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    K- Love please. Havent liked Melo since he left Denver.

18. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Consider the assets you may give up for Love compared to Melo though.

Let's say Melo commits to us, the Knicks would be best working a sign and trade.

Boozer+Bobcats selection+Sacramento pick to the 76ers
    Brewer+Amundsen unguaranteed contracts+2015+2017 Bulls 1st to New York
    Melo to Bulls

Sign DJ to BAE, Mirotic to MLE. Your team:

PG-Rose/Augustin/Hinrich?
    SG-Butler/Hinrich?/Snell
    SF-Anthony/Dunleavy/Snell
    PF-Gibson/Mirotic
    C-Noah/Gibson/Smith

versus giving up all those picks plus the rights to Mirotic for Love

PG-Rose/Augustin/Hinrich?
    SG-Butler/Hinrich?/Snell
    SF-Dunleavy?/Snell?
    PF-Love/Gibson
    C-Noah/Gibson

Hole at SF.

19. Huckeye

Huckeye Member+

St Pauli
    May 31, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    All valid points. And I think personal wise also the right decision because Anthony would be slightly easier to get. But if your giving me a choice between the two, I would go with Love. Not sure if the bulls are in win now mode. Yes you have Noah in his prime, but a lot of the roster is just spare parts.

20. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Taj is getting up there too and we don't know if Rose becomes the next Melo/Lebron or whatever to entertain leaving if we don't have a contender out there. We've danced around getting another star for too long. I'll take whichever we can get 1st to guarantee we get that 2nd star.

21. Huckeye

Huckeye Member+

St Pauli
    May 31, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    True. Feels like this GarPax have tried to win with a bunch of "nice" players too long.

22. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I mean they've done a great job, we just have not been able to get that big star and I don't think it's always their fault. This off-season it has to happen though. If Melo commits you find any way to get him here. I don't want a Lance Stephenson like signing, we'd be taking a step back with that bum.

23. FaceLess

FaceLess Red Card

Mar 19, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    On one hand the Rose injuries make it difficult to judge the FO. On the other hand Rose fell in our lap with immense luck. The best acquisitions have been Boozer & Rip Hamilton?

Even with a healthy Rose, I'm not so sure we are a Top 5 team. Spurs, Heat, Thunder & Clippers no doubt. We are in the 2nd tier with Rockets, Blazers, Pacers & Warriors.

Is Anthony really stupid enough to pull another sign & trade, weakening his future team?

24. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sign and trade is so much more favorable to the Bulls than signing him outright. Signing him outright involves losing Taj and Dunleavy.

25. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    since they need a 3 and a 5 a combination of Deng and Gortat might work depending on the paycut, but since good centers are rare and the FA class is pretty empty (Monroe restricted probably gets matched anyway, Hawes I doubt works beside Dirk, then Gortat and Okafor are the only true 5s in the FA) on centers Dallas might lose out and have to look for other candidates and the idea of Pau Gasol might come in, who might be superflous in the Lakers rebuild

Bazi repped this.