World Cup Travel - Visa for U.S. Citizens

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by Lebowski, Jan 11, 2014.

1. uuaww

uuaww Member+

Nov 21, 2007
    New Orleans, LA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    anyone know how to get a live person at miami? they have my buddies passports for 2 weeks now and since they were never taking copies of emails, they have done nothing.

2. Aglon314

Aglon314 Member

Feb 24, 2014
    This whole process just seems like a cluster...

Of the three people in my group: I applied to Chicago, got my visa no problem with email print out.

Another person applied to Houston, who seems to keep changing what they want.

The last person applied to Miami, who required documentation of all his travels in Brazil, and rejected the printout. He's just going to pay the fee for a normal visa because the WC visa is too much of a hassle.

3. Leica

Leica Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    In the "protocol form" (the one you print after you submit online visa application and the one where you glue the picture and take/send to the consulate), right below the "applicant's signature" box, there are two fields, "Nome Do Contato" and "Telefone". Just wondering who's name and contact do you put in there?

4. bphenry_USA

bphenry_USA Member

Apr 7, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe someone said earlier it doesn't matter what you put there. One person said they put their own name and number and another person said they put a contact name and number from a hotel they are staying at in Brazil. Either way I don't think you will get denied for filling this out incorrectly.

Leica repped this.
  5. clubamericalara

clubamericalara Member+

Jun 20, 2013
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Club:
    Club América
    i put my name and phone number..

6. Leica

Leica Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Thanks guys.

@clubamericalara - so did you send your application to Houston (via agent)?

7. clubamericalara

clubamericalara Member+

Jun 20, 2013
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Club:
    Club América
    yeah travelvisapro as recommended by the creator of this thread. $49 for the service, plus shipping through fedex.

8. Leica

Leica Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    That's actually a very good price since $20 has to be paid to the consulate as the absentee fee - so, in reality they are only charging you $29 for their service.

Now that I have made all arrangements to go to the consulate in person, I wish I had done the same as you did instead. But I was fascinated by the prospect of visiting a new city!

9. UrNumbrOneCrush

Manchester United and FC Barcelona
    United States
    Apr 18, 2006
    Austin, TX USA!
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dont even think theyre taking the absentee fee. Havent heard of a single consulate that has.

10. clubamericalara

clubamericalara Member+

Jun 20, 2013
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Club:
    Club América
    i think with the atlanta consulate there is a $20 fee..although im not sure exactly what the fee is labelled as...

11. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chicago has been returning money orders.

12. El Bigote de Dalí

May 30, 2013
    South Jordan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had a buddy process mine at the LA consulate. They did not take the $20 absentee fee.

13. Nikkimau

Nikkimau Member

Nov 11, 2013
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope all goes well tomorrow when I pick up up my passport tomorrow in San Francisco. Ill give a report tomorrow on wait times.

14. Alexjbaum

Alexjbaum Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Orlando, fl
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Atlanta does not take the $20 fee for temporary visas

clubamericalara repped this.
  15. SterlingUSMNT

SterlingUSMNT New Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DC returned my payment

16. marianelah

marianelah Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im in the Los Angeles consulate area. According to their website it says VISAs only by appointment. There are no appointment slots until June. I'm leaving the first week in June. Anyone have any suggestions?

17. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My buddy just drove to LA yesterday without an appointment and he was able to drop off about 20 visa packages for our whole group. He did not have an appointment. Maybe things changed as of today, but I'd check into this more. He was also able to use the e-mail confirmations as we don't have any ticket certificates yet.

os_mutante repped this.
  18. sockaplayr

sockaplayr Member

Nov 11, 2013
    If you look closely it does say that for special visas(which the WC ones are) you don't need an appointment. There is only certain times you can go for these, just check their website.

I would suggest you go ASAP. On the website it says it takes 5 business days to get your passport back but mine took 3 weeks. Apparently they're really backed up.

19. marianelah

marianelah Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome! Thanks. This helps.

20. Togbi Kay

Togbi Kay New Member

Apr 24, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'm a new member. A friend is transferring ticket to me but the first name on the ticket is his sister's who wont be attending due to a business engagement. I live in Seattle, so traveling to Vancouver,BC Canada for my visa seems more feasible than going to S.F or LA. I received an email from Vancouver saying, I will need to fill out the form online. I'm not sure about the requirements since I not resident in Canada. Anyone on this forum with a knowledge of the process of applying as a non-resident? PS: Have a U.S passport.

21. Leica

Leica Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    You better make sure the Brazil consulate in B.C. will accept out-of-jurisdiction application before you go there.

22. Togbi Kay

Togbi Kay New Member

Apr 24, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    http://toronto.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/tourist_visa.xml
    Thanks Leica , for your input.The above link hints on non-resident visa applications, though it might be specific to the Toronto Consulate. I hope its a general rule for all Consulates in Canada. Also here is an email I received from the Vancouver Consulate.

Dear Sir,

Sorry, but we don't make appointments. If you want to apply for the visa at the Consulate in Vancouver you must follow the same rules of those who live in our jurisdiction. For more information, please visit: http://vancouver.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/visa_for_fifa_world_cup_2014.xml

Sincerely,

Setor de Vistos | Visa Section

Consulado Geral do Brasil em Vancouver | Consulate General of Brazil in Vancouver

666 Burrard Street | suite 2020 | Vancouver | BC | V6C 2X8

Tel.: +1.604.696.5311

Fax: +1.604.696.5366

visa.vancouver@itamaraty.gov.br

http://vancouver.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/

The Consulate General of Brazil in Vancouver does not give information on routine visa procedures, visa status or processing times. You can apply for a visa, check the status of your visa application and learn about our processing times online. For more information, please visit our website at http://vancouver.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/

23. Mnorris

Mnorris Member

Nov 21, 2013
    Rio de Janeiro, RJ
    Agree with Leica's advice, you need to go to Vancouver's site and see if they would accept your application since you're not within their jurisdiction. You can also find their requirements online and they tend to have one of the better organized sites. The other thing you may want to think about is your documentation for the visa application. The proof of ticket is supposed to be in the applicant's name. I've never done a ticket transfer but there should be a way for you to do a printout of either an official e-mail or of the site itself that shows your name associated with a match ticket after the transfer is completed. If it turns out that Vancouver will not accept your application, you can have a visa agency in SF take in your application for you so you don't need to travel all the way down yourself.

24. Mnorris

Mnorris Member

Nov 21, 2013
    Rio de Janeiro, RJ
    I see what you mean about them possibly accepting applications from outside their jurisdiction. Hopefully someone here has direct knowledge and can help.

The only other thing that caught my eye is this requirement:

The essential documentation to be submitted to the Consulate comprise:
    • proof of legal status in Canada for non-Canadian citizens;

If you don't have this, I would ask someone if they waive it for foreigners applying from outside the jurisdiction. Good luck.

25. JohnnyMctootinstuff

JohnnyMctootinstuff New Member

Apr 24, 2014
    Definitely confirm with them before you go to Vancouver. I'm a US citizen and wanted to do the same thing at the Toronto consulate and they told me they couldn't process me since I'm not in their jurisdiction. Just send them an email and ask. Address should be on their web site. Toronto responded in a day.