2014 Rapid season Catch- All

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by 22SteveD, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Rod1916

Rod1916 Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    OK, way off topic question here. We purchased a new car and need to get plates for it. Looking through the list of specialized plates, I can get Broncos, Rockies, Avs, or Nuggets. No Rapids. Anyone know if there is a Rapids plate in the works? Seems like Kronke charities get the benefit, which is fine by me....

rod.

2. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO

I remember once a petitioin floating around.

3. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Most depressing news of the day. I just found out from the Dick that the mini-donut guy didn't re-sign a contract for 2014, so no mini-donuts this year. :(

4. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What!!!!! Wait.......we are under the cap, right??? Get this guy signed. We need him. I was wondering why I haven't spotted him all season. I just thought he moved locations in the stadium. This is ridiculous. ;) :D

JasonMa repped this.
  5. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd give up a 2015 Superdraft pick and allocation money to get his rights back from the Avs (apparently they've moved to the Pepsi Center, according to Jake and Vanessa). :D

m vann and 22SteveD repped this.
  6. 22SteveD

22SteveD Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2011
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone needs to meet with TH over this, quick to the twittery! ;)

JasonMa repped this.
  7. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #257 COMtnGuy, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  8. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    jayd8888 and JasonMa repped this.
  9. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude. This doesn't work, period. It becomes like Edson Buddle. You look the part, you have all the equipment, cost a helluva lost of money, and can't f****** produce the goods. We don't need another one of these associated with the Rapids. We need the mini donut guy. Get his ass signed. You can't replace him. That's the bottom line. :D

11. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, Buddle is hired by C38 after we get donut machine as the "DONUT DUDE". ;) Thus using the often overlooked SG Donut guy buy-out to free up cap space and roster opening. Mwanga will then become Donut Dude's sidekick in a seperate move.

m vann and ~F8~ repped this.
  12. ~F8~

~F8~ Member

Sep 5, 2008
    grindin
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    C38ers may hafta step in if they start fighting again :D

13. RSLintheWoods

RSLintheWoods Member

Mar 25, 2013
    The Great Outdoors
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Hello, RSL fan coming in peace, and I am hoping this is a good place to post this.

I just moved to CO a couple weeks ago and am planning on going to see a few Rapids games while I am in the area. I promise I will root for the Rapids against any team not named RSL.

I would like some advice on where to look for some relatively cheap tickets, what part of the stadium to sit in, and where to go to eat and have a drink before/after a game. It looks like the first game I might go to is the May 11 game against Chivas USA at 1pm.

Thanks in advance!

22SteveD repped this.
  14. spot

spot Member+

Nov 29, 1999
    Centennial
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Buy tickets at 7-11 for $15. Sit wherever you like.

15. COYP

COYP Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ha. Sad but true.

I haven't been to a game this year but on tv attendance looks absolutely terrible.

COMtnGuy repped this.
  16. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #266 m vann, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
    http://blogs.seattletimes.com/sound...ing-to-make-good-on-super-bowl-bet-this-week/

Well............Looks like DeAndre Yedlin has a score to settle with O'Neill this weekend. Poor Shane. Shane definitely got the raw end of the deal. Geoduck is 10x worse than Rocky Mountain Oysters. I could stomach (barely) the Oysters but I had to run for the toilet with Geoduck. That nasty after taste lasted for hours. Hopefully, with Shane gone to the U-21 camp he won't have time to settle the score. I would do everything in my power, if I were Shane, to avoid the geoduck. ;)

JasonMa repped this.
  17. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    I would suggest wearing all of your RSL gear and buying seats for the terraces -- (doing our small part to help the FO with "entertaining" soccer). ;>)

More seriously re. attendance for the early start, on a pleasant Saturday afternoon, early in the season, (add more qualifiers here if needed) I thought attendance was pretty good for the the KC match. When it is raining (SJ match) many fans are not visible on camera (and COLORADO in the seats is) because they are up on the walkways under roofs. Also in the rain, like everywhere, some "not true fans" (tm FC) stay home.

18. sostoked

sostoked Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Denver
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I recommend going to reservations.c38sg.com. Take an early bus to a game and join in the tailgate. Bus runs from downtown denver and costs $10 and usually includes a beer to and from the game. They ask for $5 donation for the tailgate, which includes all you can eat food and all you can drink beer. Well worth it! They have tickets in the supporter sections as well, but if you aren't comfortable hanging with the supporters yet, tickets from 7-11 as mentioned are cheap. At a minimum, you should check out the tailgate, which is just south of the stadium

COMtnGuy repped this.
  19. tonhtubra

tonhtubra Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    Fort Collins, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Had a friend who got tickets in 103 or 104 (section next to away supporters area) from a site like stub hub, but not stub hub, for just over $10 a seat for the KC game.

20. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Getting the Rapids a little love:
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/23/the-knowledge-most-red-cards-team-season

GreatGonzo, COMtnGuy, Totoro and 4 others repped this.
  21. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
  22. aurelius

aurelius Member

Jul 24, 2007
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Since there is much here on mini-donuts, i will pass on a long-standing beef with Dick's. The food is just terrible!! The addition of pre-made hotdogs and brats has not made things any better. I attended spring training games in Phoenix this year and visited 3 different ball parks, each approximately the size of Dick's. The food selections were amazing, the food was freshly made, and the lines moved quickly. I've given up on a shirt sponsor, but come on, guys! How about some BBQ or fresh tamales and burritos or some deli sandwiches? Something!!

23. Rod1916

Rod1916 Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Huge agree here. Smiling Moose was OK, but should not have been the high point. I would love to see some fresh options. We routinely eat before or after the game, when we would love to eat at the ballpark. Seems like a missed opportunity to gather some more $$.

rod.

JasonMa repped this.
  24. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can the SG's sign up for vending spot? Few times I went to tailgate it was significantly better than what could be found inside?

jayd8888 and JasonMa repped this.
  25. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    JasonMa repped this.