World Cup Travel - Internal Flights

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by Pablinsky, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Ashan Rama

Ashan Rama Member

Feb 18, 2014
    on the subject of refunds, has anyone had to get any through Avianca?

2. MFKS78

MFKS78 Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Newcastle Jets
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Considered then flying rio/Sao paulo/igu or even via curitiba or Porto alegre????

3. Gerghana

Gerghana Member

Apr 3, 2014
    Club:
    Eintracht Frankfurt
    I read your post and thought "Not a problem, I booked most of my flights within the last weeks anyway."
    WRONG! They had changed the times on 4 of my 5 TAM flights, one of them would have now taken 11 hours rather than 6 hours (RIO - BSB - FOR).
    Fortunately, they were helpful on the phone and switched us on the non-stop RIO - FOR flight that only takes 3 hours. Saved 50% on the fare they're selling those direct flights now :)

4. MFKS78

MFKS78 Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Newcastle Jets
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    What's the going price for Rio to igu these days????Last I looked was November and it was about us$70 one way

5. jupal

jupal Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Switzerland
    Yes it's really easy you have to do it on their page I did it on the portuguese platform though so not completely sure how it is on the english site but I assume it should work too.

Log in -> click on your name (top right corner) a new menu is loading click on -> reembolso -> enter last name and locator code then you can chose between rebooking or refund (reembolso is again refund)

Ashan Rama repped this.
  6. Ashan Rama

Ashan Rama Member

Feb 18, 2014
    thanks but I'm not sure I have a login with them as I don't think I had to register to buy tickets.

7. jupal

jupal Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Switzerland
    Just search your emails by emails from Avianca and you will find out

8. Ashan Rama

Ashan Rama Member

Feb 18, 2014
    sorry my previous post was misleading - I don't have a login - I booked without one. I checked my emails to confirm that was the case. I have emailed Avianca. But I wonder if calling them may help

9. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Agreed, it is brutal. I think i just booked 10 seats on a single flight because i didn't know if the charge went through so i kept redoing it over and over. Who knows what i booked.

10. jupal

jupal Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Switzerland
    i never had a problem with azul and idk about avianca's service as in wether you reach someone that knows english

11. lucasc

lucasc Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Brazil
    Club:
    Vitoria Salvador
    Rule of thumb: if you received an email for your booking with payment confirmation, it's booked. Otherwise, probably not.

12. Nikkimau

Nikkimau Member

Nov 11, 2013
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess as two females traveling alone, we're just more concerned about safety? Maybe we shouldn't be so concerned, we are arriving at 9am in Rio.

Also, I figure if I stay at the airport I can catch the Chile vs Netherlands game while waiting for the flight. I can wait at SDU, watch all the matches that day, take flight to Belo. If I take the bus say, at 12? I reach Belo around 7.

I should probably research more on the bus options.

13. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have/had 3 flights on Gol and 1 on TAM that I booked back in mid-January. So far no changes [knock on wood], and I hope it stays that way as they are all non-stops at the perfect time. 2 days ago I sent an e-mail to TAM to cancel that ticket (per their instructions on the web site) asking for a refund. I haven't received any acknowledgment and the flight still shows up online as ticketed. I'm not sure how good TAM is with refunds, but I'll give them a week or two.

14. jupal

jupal Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Switzerland
    Don't expect your email to be read or answered. I got my refund by contacting them on twitter @tamairlines you can write them in english and they answer pretty fast (an employer is answering between 8am and 8pm brasilia time) they will want to know your email adress and eticketnumber

15. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks jupal, that's valuable information.

16. Ashan Rama

Ashan Rama Member

Feb 18, 2014
    What can you do if you're not on twitter??!

17. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

They are terrible unless you do it via Twitter that's how I got mine back in less than 8 days

18. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

Just set one up as its free

19. lucasc

lucasc Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Brazil
    Club:
    Vitoria Salvador
    There isn't really any need to be concerned about getting the bus, specially those more expensive.

Get into it :D
    You can also try facebook, but it isn't as effective.

20. Frank_Berns

Frank_Berns Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    All of my flights are timed to arrive day of matches. I gave myself at least 7 hours or so, but any change in flight times could be a disaster.

21. Serg10

Serg10 New Member

Apr 23, 2014
    Nikki,
    Bus travel in Brazil is pretty nice, even if you are in regular seat instead of the "beds." I've travel with my family (5 of us, 3 kids) from Rio to Sp and Rio to BH multiple times without any concern or problems. I prefer 1001 bus line, the buses are clean and modern.

22. Ashan Rama

Ashan Rama Member

Feb 18, 2014
    Do they cover belo to rio?

23. UrNumbrOneCrush

Manchester United and FC Barcelona
    United States
    Apr 18, 2006
    Austin, TX USA!
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously....? You know BH is Belo right? Hard to imagine a bus line going from Point A to Point B and not turning around service from Point B back to Point A....

24. Ashan Rama

Ashan Rama Member

Feb 18, 2014
    Ha ha my bad for misreading the post

ccvargas89 and UrNumbrOneCrush repped this.
  25. UrNumbrOneCrush

Manchester United and FC Barcelona
    United States
    Apr 18, 2006
    Austin, TX USA!
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol Its cool. Ive seen far worse. Like in the ticket exchange thread....the person who posted they had a pair of tickets Cat X for a particular game to swap for THE EXACT game and Cat of the same game....smh. It was so bad.....lmao

ccvargas89 repped this.