Official National Team Thread 2014 Edition

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by Grimmjow316, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I agree with you on that. So far they are using the Copa Pilsner as sort of a blanket to keep peeps distracted while they "deliberate" also the fact that elections are coming up for FESFUT is also a glaring hold up.

2. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    In the end, I bet they go with Hugo and are just stalling. They don't wanna pay much anyways

3. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    El Salvador has risen in the rankings, being 6th in the world now

4. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    FYP I wish we were #6 in the world ;)

5. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Lmfao, I wish also XD ment 69th in the world, damn phone

6. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Not senior national team related but some might be interested to know these is currently a futsal tournament being held in Italy in which 'El Salvador' is taking part.

I have my doubt as to whether this is actually our national team or just a group of guys who live over there, but the tournament is supposedly sanctioned by AMF (the governing body of futsal) so who knows. That said i can not find it listed on the AMF website so i'd assume it's the latter.

On the whole futsal thing though, i would really like for us to one day be competitive in that form of football. I really enjoy watching it and think it's a style of football that really suits our players. I can also see the fans getting behind our guys like they have the beach soccer team where they to make the world cup. The next of which will be held in Colombia in 2016.

On a final note, i find it hard to understand why futsal has it's world cup every four years; it really should be every second year like beach soccer. It makes no sense to me. Hopefully they change this in the years to come.

7. Droman x

Droman x Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It seems just a matter of time until FESFUT announces that Albert Roca will be our national team coach anybody's thought about this? I think it would be great to see what this coach can bring to the national team

8. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    My concern is that word coming that Gochez will be part of his coaching staff, that doesn't sit well with me and could also have been a factor as to him getting the nod. As for Hugo I think he would have been good if they hired him as a consultant or something in some capacity to help the youth side but I doubt they could afford it.

I would love it if they would release there plans for the NT to the public.

9. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Futsal is a great form of soccer, but it would take a while to be competitive In this form of soccer. ES wouldn't have the finances and enough people interested in it (my opinion)

Ehh, I still feel Pua or the Colombian would have been a better choice

10. Droman x

Droman x Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Makes sense I mean if Gochez is going to be the assistant coach that would probably be the only reasonable logic in which he is being selected. I never thought for one second Perez was going to be chosen. I would have liked Eduardo Lara also knowing he has never coached in a national team would that affect him knowing he knows nothing about Concacaf?

11. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Yes it will. Remember it took Klinsmann a while to adjust to how things are done in this region. As it stands I would have okay with the Uruguayan ( sorry his name escapes me) or Perez. I do agree with some media pundits saying that they just want to hire a coach because he's foreign, also I thought Roca was going to be mad expensive what changed?

12. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Same could be said for our beach soccer set up and look at it now. Futsal has been running for as long as (if not longer) than our beach soccer team; but as we have never done anything of significance in that style of football we have little to no following (much like the beach soccer team before making it to there first world cup).

The problem is we continue to use the same coaches who do nothing to help us get better from year to year. I mean Gonzalez failed a few times with our beach team but you could see improvements from one year to the next, in futsal we can't even make it to the regional championship. Last cycle it seemed as though the federation was getting behind futsal (obviously in hopes of it growing into what beach soccer is now), and they threw some money into it and set up numerous friendlies, but in the end we once again failed to make it to the final stage of qualification. Hopefully they do this again next time around though, and we can do better... i mean if Guatemala can make it to be arguably the regions strongest team, surely we can do a little better right?

13. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    On the coaching situation though, i'm not sold on Roca. I really could see him leaving before his contract is up because of the way things are in ES. Hopefully this is not the case though!

On Perez, Diaz Arce, Cienfuegos and Cerritos though, i wouldn't mind them jumping into the juniors set up at some point. Given any of them the U15's or U17's and lets see what they can do.

U20's and U23's should stay with Tuco though IMO.

14. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I think U20 or U23 they could have one of the four above take the reigns of one to help ease some pressure from Tuco. I mean having to deal with FESFUT on both must be a real struggle.

15. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Word going around is that Roca was also in contention for a coaching job in Australia. As of yesterday, that position has now officially been awarded to someone else. It's unknown whether that is because of his decision to sign with our national team or that the club (Perth Glory) decided to sign someone else.

16. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    https://mobile.twitter.com/MurrayShaw1/status/458775228659662848

And here's a page from the Perth Glory fans thread discussing that the officials didn't get Roca and well..... they're pretty upset haha. I really hope it's because Roca wants to coach ES!
    http://au.fourfourtwo.com/forums/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1948809

17. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Albert púa= Uruguayan
    Eduardo Lara= colombiano

In the end, the beach soccer success came more from the players than the federation help. I mean, of course the money they gave helped and inspired, but the players ended up coming through on their own, and that's what made them successful. They wanted it. Tbh, I didn't even know we had a futsal team. I mean, unless someone passionate comes around and tries to change it, I don't see it happening

18. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    The futsal team had a chance to make the quals but got eliminated by Canada. As for the Beach Soccer team the thing is they don't really get paid as often as people think hence the over abundance of friendlies to make up for it. Plus there is issues between players and one of the heads from FESFUT in charge of that division, which led to our key players not going to Brazil.

Here we go.

19. mavericks67

mavericks67 Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    In Brazil and spain Futsal is a big deal, is good for youth development. Here in the US is starting to pick up and most of the parents are taking the bait and have their kids in FUTSAL. It would be a big help for kids if the federation put emphasis in it.

20. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    But there you go.the beach players do it for the shirt, for the people, not for the Damn feds or money (but they should honestly get paid.)

21. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Varios miembros del Comité Ejecutivo de la Fesfut han expresado en días recientes que esperan que Indes autorice los fondos para contratar al nuevo DT de la Selección Mayor, cuyo nombre estaría entre el español Albert Roca y el salvadoreño Hugo Pérez. Pero el presidente del Indes, Jaime Rodríguez, salió al paso y aclaró la postura del instituto...

Link: Entrevista con Jaime Rodriguez

22. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Some might not like what he had to say, but i for one think his concerns are spot on; also most of what he had to say are valid points that need to be addressed. Be interesting to see what comes of this!

Grimmjow316 repped this.
  23. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Can't disagree with him on that despite the last debacle he was a part of.... But so far that has been the consensus that Mendez prefers foreign coaches over national ones.

24. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    It feels like more unnecessary drama to me. He should just give Fesfut the money because we are way behind on getting ready for the next cycle. Delaying hiring a coach just makes everything coming up a lot harder and more difficult to move on from the match fixing. The Central American cup is really important this year. Yes it would be nice Fesfut got it together and wrote out a plan for the next cycle however given how inept they are that could take a long time and given the people writing it it wouldn't be very well thought out anyway so it's not worth the delay. This feels more like La Chelona playing out his personal agenda which is why he goes out to the media.

Grimmjow316 repped this.
  25. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    mavericks67 repped this.