Portugal Fans at The World Cup: Tickets, Travel and Accommodations.

Discussion in 'Portugal: National Teams' started by GoodDead, Dec 7, 2013.

1. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Since some posters are going to some games this thread is created so the preparations thread can focus on the team.
    For anyone planning on going to Brazil and watching/following Portugal, post in this thread.

2. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Here's some air fare within Brazil, I've found so far:
    Travel from Salvador to Manaus ($450 CAD)
    -from Manaus to Brasilia ($250 CAD)
    Assuming we finish second*
    -from Brasilia to Salvador ($147 CAD)

Unless flights are going to Sao Paulo or Rio there's not much under $100 a flight.

Expect costs to rise as time goes on.

3. Bengoechea

Bengoechea Member

Jul 28, 2005
    São Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  4. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hmn... are there bus/train options? How much are tickets for the games? I'm torn because I'd rather be able to be there the whole time, if not I'd rather just catch the second two matches... which would be OK by me because the US would be in there.

5. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    This should have been an easy decision. It's looking more and more like I will either sell 1 of the group games or not go altogether.

An absolute joke of scheduling and venue locations designed to milk as much money from tourists and locals.

6. Bryce Manso

Bryce Manso New Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Club:
    Seattle
    I have 3 tickets to the Portugal vs. Ghana game and I would like to trade for 3 tickets to the USA vs Germany game.

Please contact me directly (bryce.plu@gmail.com) if you are interested!!

Details for Portugal game: 26 Jun, 13:00 - Match 46 - Portugal v Ghana - Brasilia / Category 2

7. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I may have to sell the Portugal X USA match. Just going in and out is $700CAD or more. Plus traveling with my friend who wants to watch Uruguay means we have to travel before and after the game on long flights.

I hate you FIFA and the LOC. Really made this a difficult decision as that game is so crucial and interesting.

8. thierry06

thierry06 Member

May 10, 2006
    Hey guys... I've created this site which brings together the best WC fan gear from Amazon. I'll be adding more products daily between now and the WC opening.

Check it out:
    http://www.futebolfanatic.com/portugal/

See you all in Salvador at Germany v Portugal :)

9. futureprodigy88

Jul 13, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    I have Follow-My-Team tickets and am looking for a group to go with...even only for the first 3 games. Also have an extra batch of Portugal games tickets I am trying to sell.

Email me if anyone has any info....antunesd610@yahoo.com

10. borrie

borrie New Member

Dec 4, 2006
    I'm the same, got the tickets already though. Just want some portuguese bros to hang out with, Brazil is too dangerous to go to alone. What hotels/hostels are you staying at?

11. futureprodigy88

Jul 13, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    I have only booked my airfare. Where are you staying?

12. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I sent a request for FIFA to take back my group stage and round of 16 tickets....I just can't make it work. Well, I can make it work I just don't see how I can enjoy Brazil constantly on the move (if my friend went I'd be watching some Uruguay games as well) and counting every penny. Probably going to send back the QF so Unless Portugal makes it to the Semi's I'm just not going all togeter.

I hate you FIFA and Brazil L.O.C.

13. futureprodigy88

Jul 13, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Did you put the tickets up for resale on the transfer/sale marketnon the fifa website or did you send them an email? U had follow my team tickets? U were able to put up just the group games and q16 and you weren't forced to put up the other tickets for sale. I am thinking of doing the same but I have TST-7 tickets.

14. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    You can only sell them back to FIFA a secondary ticket and be sent to someone else but the primary can only be sent back to FIFA. If it was only a few games they mail you the tickets but follow your team packs can only be picked up there. (You would assume it is to avoid scalping but really it is so that they can scalp you if/when your team is eliminated)

You can pick and choose which tickets go back but obviously FIFA milks you on this by taking 10% of the ticket price and only giving you the 90% back if the ticket is sold. If the ticket is not sold you can take it back for yourself but if you are not in Brazil to claim it, it just goes to waste.

I'll probably never get tickets through FIFA again.

15. borrie

borrie New Member

Dec 4, 2006
    I'm staying in a bunch of hostels. I'd get cracking on booking accommodation, I had a lot of trouble getting mine and I booked a month ago.

16. futureprodigy88

Jul 13, 2009
    Club:
    --other--

Did you sell your tickets yet to FIFA. I am looking to go to Brasil this weekend to pick up my tickets. If you need me to pick up your let me know. I will know for sure if I am going by Thursday. I am not going to lose money to FIFA by selling them back to them. Email me at: futureprodigy88@msn.com

17. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Thanks for the offer but you cannot have someone else pick them up. You have to go in person or use your credit card at one of the machines.

18. futureprodigy88

Jul 13, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    They changed the rules...u need a notarized letter with a copy of passport...something like that...its on FIFA website. But no worries...if u selling them back thru FIFA then that's cool.

19. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I'd rather do that but unless you live in Toronto and are planning on coming back or selling them for me in Brazil then sending me the money I don't see how it can work.

20. futureprodigy88

Jul 13, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    I'm coming back. I just think you would be better off selling them elsewhere besides FIFA. Stubhub.com or something. I'd buy the Semi-Final and Final Tixs off you but you probably want to keep those. But I think if you don't feel comfortable or know how to sell the tickets besdies selling them back to FIFA...then that's the way to go. I just think its a ripoff the amount of money you lose by giving them back your tickets.

21. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I don't disagree with anything you said.