Women's League in Italy

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by bzygo, Aug 23, 2008.

1. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    And, with a not excusable delay...:oops:...the results of last week matchday:

Grifo Perugia - Chaisiellis 1-2
    Brescia - Valpolicella 4-1
    Como - Firenze 1-1
    Scalese - Pordenone 0-0
    Inter - Mozzanica 0-1
    Verona - Res Roma 3-1
    Napoli - Riviera di Romagna 2-2
    Torres - Tavagnacco not played

In the table, Brescia still leads with 69 points, Tavagnacco (1 match less) has 63 points, Torres (2 matches to catch-up) 61, Verona 53, Mozzanica 43 points.
    Tomorrow again matchday (Torres - Verona won't be played for the WCL match), Brescia faces Mozzanica in the last but one challenging match for the "rondinelle" (little swallows), after that there will be 4 easy matches, and, in the last matchday, Brescia - Torres (but then the games could be already over...)
    Some highlights:

blesstherebel and blissett repped this.
  2. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Good news for Pamela Conti, who already found a club to play with (or better saying, 2 clubs, since she turned down an offer from English Notts County): http://www.mondopallone.it/2014/03/27/pamela-conti-dalla-torres-alla-svezia/
    Congratulations to San Zaccaria, that last Sunday clinched the promotion in next season SerieA with 4 matchdays still to play....looks like next year there will another derby, since them and Riviera di Romagna are in the same area!

debzy, blesstherebel and blissett repped this.
  3. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    blissett repped this.
  4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Nice, I'll try to see if I have the time to watch it and I'll advertise for it on the Nadeshiko site! :thumbsup:

gricio61 repped this.
  5. blesstherebel

blesstherebel Member+

Jan 3, 2013
    New York
    Looks like Brescia have opened up a modest lead, although there is still a lot of daylight left.

Some of Serie B's groups look pretty much set, some are bit more interesting.

Group A is where my head has been for the year, so the first thing that I note is Cuneo having a three point lead over Luserna with two matchdays left, the last of which pits both clubs against one another. Potential to be quite interesting, surely.

Group B looks interesting too, given that leader Orobica has just one point over Sudtirol. Sudtirol faces the tougher competition of the two to end the year, coming up against fifth ranked Fortitudo Mozzecane and fourth rated Bardolino, the former of which they drew with in their previous meeting.

Group C has already been taken of course. Bari (Pink Sport Time, which is an amazing name) has Group D locked up as well, holding a nine point cushion over Roma with a single matchday remaining.

Meanwhile, Torino has been a sad story on the whole. Sure, we are out of the relegation zone by quite a few points, but that's not an accomplishment. Hopefully we can end the year on a high note, considering both of our next rivals are within the red zone. Here's to hoping. At the very least, Ms. Barbieri and Ms. Ponzio had a respectable scoring output, twenty-two between them, twelve and ten respectively, with Ms. Favole following close behind with nine of her own.

gricio61 and blissett repped this.
  6. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Serie A resumed last week-end, after the break for the WC qualifications and, as usual, the 3 teams involved in the title race kept winning: probably only the Torres-Verona and Tavagnacco-Torres matches will give us the answer about it, and the Brescia-Torres in the last matchday couldn't be influential.
    Anyway, here are the results:
    Mozzanica - Firenze 4-1
    Inter - Valpolicella 1-2
    Como - Pordenone 0-3
    Verona - Napoli 7-0
    Scalese - Res Roma 0-3
    Grifo Perugia - Torres 2-11
    Brescia - Chiasiellis 7-0
    Tavagnacco - Riviera di Romagna 2-0

Catch-up match of yesterday:
    Napoli - Torres 0-4

In the table, Brescia is still leading with 75 points, Tavagnacco has 69 points and 1 match to catch-up, Torres 67 and 2 match less, Verona 56 pts, and Mozzanica 46 points.
    A few highlights:

http://www.calciodonne.tv/video-home/796-mozzanica-firenze-highlights.html

Meanwhile, as already stated Blesstherebel, congratulations to Pink Bari, the 2nd team promoted from SerieB (Group D)...it's important that a team from south Italy will play next year in Serie A, considering that very likely Napoli will be relegated at the end of the season, and Bari is quite a large town, soccer-addicted like all the south, so there is the hope that this could be a long-lasting appearance...:cautious:

blissett repped this.
  7. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  8. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  9. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Tavagnacco - Torres 3-4, after a thrilling match, with 3 goals in the last few minutes...probably a deserved victory for Torres, considering that they had more chances and showed a better pace throught the whole match. The Tavagnacco GK Sara Penzo had some faults too, for the 2nd and 4th Torres goal...
    Anyway, now Torres is (potentially) only 2 pts behind Brescia (but they must beat Verona in the catch-up match, and won't be easy...) meanwhile now Tavagnacco is now 6 points behind Brescia, out for the title race, and they have only to hope for a Torres slip for them to come back to the CL spot race.
    Here the highlights of the match, thanks to calciodonne.tv website: http://www.calciodonne.tv/video-home/807-tavagnacco-torres-gol3-4.html
    Today matchday again, easy matches for the 3 big, but some interesting clashes for the relegation battle...

10. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    If you have problem to see it just like me, here are the goals

Two things to say , with all my due respect to Tavagnacco I think Tatiana Bonetti has to play with stronger teams , there wasn't red card , the referee is not good just like too many refereeing in women soccer.

gricio61 repped this.
  11. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thanks for the link, and 100% agree with both of your statements ! The referee sending away the wrong player was a huge mistake, as you say probably it wasn't a red card faul, but, if you decide for it, at least send away the right player, not Laterza that didn't nothing wrong ! :mad:

debzy repped this.
  12. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  13. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    debzy, blissett and gricio61 repped this.
  14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hey, Gricio61: this article on Calciodonne website says that ACF Firenze is sure to remain in Serie A, with 1 match to go, having won an away match vs Chiasellis by 0-3. But I am quite confused: Firenze is at 8th place right now but it has just an 1 point advantage over Res Roma; if Res Roma wins its next match vs Como, couldn't they still go ahead of Firenze, thus forcing them to play-off to remain in Serie A? o_O
    The joyful scenes in Firenze's changing room seem to indicate that they reached their target indeed, but I can't understand how...

Meanwhile Napoli Carpisa Yamamay, that last season had brilliantly finished at 5th place, is very close to direct relegation... :(

gricio61 repped this.
  15. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Are any more of these matches archived anywhere?

16. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Blissett, the answer is related to the 10-points difference rule (the play-off will be played only if there are 9 points or less between the 2 teams involved, 9th/12th and 10th/11th) and to the pairings of next (last) matchday: Como-Res Roma is probably the match that will determine who will play-off and who will be directly relegated.
    Now Firenze has 37 points: assuming the worst (loses next match and remain at 37), if Res Roma loses too, it will be 8th again. If Res Roma and Como draw, Como will have then 26 points, so a difference of 11 towards Res Roma and Firenze (and there will be only 1 play-off match, Valpolicella - Como/Chiasiellis). If Res Roma wins, it means that Como will stay at 25, and difference towards Firenze is still 12 points (again only 1 play-off match).
    About Napoli, their only chance to avoid direct relegation is to win against Scalese (very likely), hoping that both Chiasiellis and Como lose: then Napoli will be at 26, the other 2 teams at 25, and the only play-off will be Valpolicella-Napoli.
    Please don't ask me what happens if Napoli wins, and Chiasiellis and Como draw (all three teams at 26 points...), looks like there aren't official play-off rules how in that case (goal difference, direct matches outcome etc...) :p
    :confused:
    Sorry to have been not so active in this thread lately, but in this period in my spare time I am following as much as I can what's happening in East Ukraine (very interested in that topic), but I promise to update soon about last matchday !:)

blissett repped this.
  17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thank you very much, Gricio. I was supposing there was some rules of the kind you explained involved in this, but I couldn't find them anywhere (ok, I didn't make a very extensive research... :p).

You're super and there is no need to apologize. You keep this thread alive with your hard work and no-one will complain for some days of delay in your usual very good updates.
    Also, the situation in East Ukraine is very worrying, for the whole of us, not only for them, and I wish I could have time to follow it more closely too...

gricio61 repped this.
  18. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So tomorrow will be last matchday in SerieA, with the crucial match Brescia - Torres that will define who will win the title this season...Brescia has a 2 points-lead, so a draw will be enough for them, but Torres in the last weeks has come through an impressive string of wins, and now has nothing to lose, so I think it has to be a 50-50 chance for both teams. The attendance is expected to be well over 1000 (a record for women soccere here), has been assembled an extra stand too in the venue, unfortunately the match won't be broadcasted live from RaiSport but only recorded and broadcasted on Monday (don't know yet the exact time)... :(
    In the same time last matchday will tell the last words in the relegation battle, that so far has Scalese, Grifo Perugia and Inter already in SerieB, but yet to decide which team will the the 4th directly relegated, and which teams will playoff to decide the 5th and 6th teams that will join them; the clubs involved in this race are Napoli, Chisiellis, Como, Valpolicella and Res Roma, so looks like it will be a thrilling Sunday !

blissett repped this.
  19. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    And Brescia is the title winner of this season SerieA !
    Yesterday defeated 2-1 Torres in front of about 3000 viewers (a record for italian women soccer, at least in recent times), and among them, several hundreds supporters of Brescia male team, who added an extra boost of supprt and enthusiasm.
    The match will be broadcasted today on RaiSport1 at 3 pm local time, and webstreamed here: http://www.raisport.rai.it/dl/raisp...tentItem-18b9bd8c-1ab9-44e8-a684-fd3430493964 ...and as an appetizer, a short broadcast of the celebrations from the local TV Teletutto: http://media.giornaledibrescia.it/gallery.php?show=18020 :)

SiberianThunderT and blissett repped this.
  20. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Last matchday results:
    Grifo Perugia - Riviera di Romagna 0-4
    Mozzanica - Pordenone 0-1
    Tavagnacco - Verona 4-5
    Valpolicella - Chiasiellis 0-0
    Firenze - Inter 1-2
    Scalese - Napoli 2-1
    Como - Res Roma 1-0
    Brescia - Torres 2-1

Final table:
    Brescia 87 Title winner and CL spot
    Torres 82 CL spot
    Tavagnacco 78
    Verona 68
    Mozzanica 52
    Riviera di Romagna 51
    Pordenone 43
    Firenze 37
    Res Roma 36
    Valpolicella 31 Playout relegation match
    Como 28 Playout relegation match
    Chiasiellis 26 Relegated
    Inter 24 Relegated
    Napoli 23 Relegated
    Grifo Perugia 14 Relegated
    Scalese 10 Relegated

Highlights of some matches + interviews:

blissett repped this.
  21. flax

flax Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Sweden
    Interesting:

Pamela Conti leaving Eskilstuna United after only a few matches. She didn't get a lot of time on the pitch (started 1 game, subbed in to 1)and she and the club have agreed to cancel the contract.

Marta Carissimi leaving Inter for icelandic champions Stjarnan.

blissett and gricio61 repped this.
  22. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    An update about season last matches:
    Como defeated away Valpolicella 2-0 in the relegation decider, it means that of the 4 teams promoted last year in SerieA, only Res Roma will play again here next season...
    Meanwhile have been played the quarterfinals of Coppa Italia:

Acese - Res Roma 2-2 (Res Roma won after PK)
    Tavagnacco - Firenze 2-1
    Inter - Torres 0-4
    Verona - Mozzanica 2-3 (a bit surprisingly..)

highlights of those last 2 matches:

In a few minutes will begin the semifinals matches:
    Mozzanica - Torres
    Res Roma - Tavagnacco
    the final of Coppa Italia will be played next Saturday in my region, and I am planning to go...:)

blissett repped this.
  23. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    blissett repped this.
  24. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Coppa Italia final match:
    Tavagnacco - Torres 3-2
    At the end of the season, 3 of the 4 top teams have something to celebrate: Brescia obviously the title, Torres a CL spot, and Tavagnacco the 2nd Coppa Italia in a row...only Verona has been left empty-handed.
    Unfortunately so far I didn't find highlights of the match, only post-match interviews; on the other hand I found this interesting interview with Raffaella Manieri (in italian) about her experience with Bayern Munich, their training system, and her journey from being the last to come, to be choosen for a starting spot in the last part of the season...deserves to be watched ! :thumbsup:

debzy and blissett repped this.
  25. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I checked the result of that Bayern-Wolfsburg match Raffaella is talking about: it ended 3-1 for Bayern. I wonder how does she feel about that match, now that Wolfsburg are Champions of Germany and Champions of Europe... :cool:

gricio61 repped this.