World Cup Travel - Internal Flights

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by Pablinsky, Dec 12, 2013.

1. sethuel1

sethuel1 Member

Mar 23, 2006
    New Orleans, LA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GRU is closer to the stadium

2. jupal

jupal Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Switzerland
    it is there for me http://brasilbybus.com/pt-br/compra...-janeiro-rj/sao-paulo-tiete-sp/2014-6-18/57/1 i checked one for seats of the nightbuses and half of the bus was livre/free?

buscaonibus gives you other sites where you can buy tickets too well depending on the buscompany some do not have partners like that

i checked the sites on netviagem and clickbus you can put passport as "identification" document (on clickbybus maybe otro (other with picture) in case they understand passport as brazilian passport but no idea) instead of cpf on guichevirtual you need to make an account with your email and i didn't do that so idk idk

3. Ashan Rama

Ashan Rama Member

Feb 18, 2014
    try the overnight on brasilbybus leaving 8th July Belo to Rio 1st class leaving 23.30. When you try directly in their website it doesn't come up. When you go in via buscaonibus, it does. Is it me just seeing this, am I going mad!?!?!

4. lucasc

lucasc Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Brazil
    Club:
    Vitoria Salvador
    There's no leito leaving 23h30, there's one leaving 23h59, and it is showing on Brasilbybus.

5. Ashan Rama

Ashan Rama Member

Feb 18, 2014
  6. jupal

jupal Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Switzerland
  7. lucasc

lucasc Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Brazil
    Club:
    Vitoria Salvador
  8. UrNumbrOneCrush

Manchester United and FC Barcelona
    United States
    Apr 18, 2006
    Austin, TX USA!
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, back to the topic at hand.....which is INTERNAL FLIGHTS ;)
    I was curious if anyone has bought a roundtrip ticket from Natal or Recife to Manaus. Would love to go to US Portugal if the flight was somewhat reasonably priced. What have you all seen it terms of price range and absolute lowest price? And if anyone knows what the average fare is for this leg that would be very helpful

9. William Reynolds

Nov 7, 2013
    Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I bought a Natal - Manaus - Recife flight to follow the US. I'm flying with TAM and I paid 785 USD.

10. paulalanr

paulalanr Member

Nov 5, 2013
    New Orleans, LA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    something about Manaus.... I can't find flights from Rio for less than about US$1000.

11. MFKS78

MFKS78 Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Newcastle Jets
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Either Conghonhas or Guaharlaos are both about the same distance away. About 15 km

VCP is an hour or so out of the way. Believe they do bus that goes into the city to the other airports for free though. It is an option for you though still.

12. lucasc

lucasc Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Brazil
    Club:
    Vitoria Salvador
    Only Azul has free buses. It goes to Congonhas and a few other strategic spots in the city. It's more than an hour tho, 1h30 w/ good traffic.

13. JaWC2014

JaWC2014 Member

Rapids/FC Barcelona
    United States
    Mar 9, 2014
    Denver, CO
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I rather pay an extra $40 to fly into GRU than dealing with more travel after traveling, lol!
    @lucasc @MFKS78
    Thanks for all the help guys! I think I'm going to book in the next couple of days. The only thing holding me back is that it sounds like no one in my crew wants to go! WTF?

14. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Looks like TAM has these (on the 21st):
    REC-MAO $268 , 2 stops. $334, 1 stop
    NAT-MAO. $366, direct. ($207 direct on the 20th)

GOL on the 23rd:
    MAO-NAT $432, 1 stop

TAM on the 24th:
    MAO-REC. $303, 2 stops
    MAO-NAT. $290 , 1 stop

500-700 round trip.......but worth it. Do it, pull the trigger.

15. Nikkimau

Nikkimau Member

Nov 11, 2013
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I need to book a oneway flight from Rio to Belo on June 23rd - prices are insane. I arrive in Brazil (rio) at 9am June 23rd. Need to get to Belo Horizonte for the England/Costa Rica game on the 24th.

Are Tam and Voegol my only options of booking flights?
    Im worried about booking through a 3rd party website like Expedia. Been booking all my internal flights with the actual Brazilian websites.

16. Nikkimau

Nikkimau Member

Nov 11, 2013
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ugh, azul airlines is the worst - ive been trying tobook a flight for over a hour, i keep on seeing ' an error has occured'.

i was basically on the payment page, but i needed to reconfirm the dates for the 100th time. now when i try to buy the plane tickets i keep on seeing that error. i've tried multiple computers, browsers, but no luck.

17. MFKS78

MFKS78 Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Newcastle Jets
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Why would you be worried about booking with a 3rd party website like Expedia??

The basis of their business is dealing with requests that you have and they will be doing what they can to kep up their good name by trying t meet your requests.

Avianca and Azul are also an option

18. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    What about a leito bus nikki. I keep hearing these bed buses are all the rage. From the pictures they look very comfortable too. I think it takes 5 hrs overnight to Belo from Rio

19. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  20. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    plus you save on housing that night ;D

21. Miggy

Miggy Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Hi guys,

I'm hoping to visit the Iguazu Falls at some point during my time in Brazil but pretty much all of the flights from Rio to Iguazu just don't fit in with my itinerary. Is there any chance that more flights could be added for this route?

22. Ashan Rama

Ashan Rama Member

Feb 18, 2014
    what a mug I am, booked Rio-Belo bus trip instead of Belo-Rio. Luckily they gave me a full refund

23. jamfactoryken

jamfactoryken Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Exeter, England
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Great that you got a refund. How did you do it without a CPF? I have found it impossible. Ta.

24. Ashan Rama

Ashan Rama Member

Feb 18, 2014
    I booked with brasilbybus yesterday and emailed them last night. I had paid by paypal and when I woke up this morning they had processed a full refund. I only got worried I booked it wrong after my messages with others earlier in this thread about my booking experience (thanks you guys)