The Other Teams thread Vol. IV

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by Hendrik, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FaceLess

FaceLess Red Card

Mar 19, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Germans not only eat fast food with a knife & fork but also Continental Style

Fast forward to 1 minute

2. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No, it was one of these places which look like nothing much, let you eat the Currywurst with a wooden chip fork out of a plastic plate for € 3.50 and suddenly, after you've taken your first bite, the grumpy old man behind the counter gives you a wry smile, because he knows you know this is the best Currywurst you've eaten in a long time.

3. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Mourinho is expecting Cech to be done for the season.

4. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Now if only they had another solid CL caliber GK under contract and match fit somewhere...

5. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    shame

6. FCB_KVB

FCB_KVB Member+

Apr 6, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Mourinho after the West Ham match:
    He himself acknowledges the difference between playing tactically defensive football and just doing nothing but defend. How many times did Chelsea attack on the Atletico goal, Courtois didn't have a single save to make. If he had even started with Oscar and Schurrle and tried to counterattack, that's a different thing. He started with Luiz, Mikel, Ramires and Lampard! Only Willian and an out of form Torres against one of the meanest defences in Europe, what does that say about the game? Chelsea under Mourinho plays defensive football, but this is beyond defensive.

7. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    When he bit into the banana....I lost it. Amazing.

humin12 repped this.
  8. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Anti football and the ********ing English teams..

I also love the English commentary and the panelists circle jerking this ********ing pathetic excuse of football display..

How the ******** is 0-0 a good result??

ANY goal draw for atletico and they're through...

******** the English ficking teams..

Fernando_Bayern_BR repped this.
  9. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Schwarzer though old is not a bad option

10. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I was referring to the irony that Courtois is on loan from Chelsea at Atletico.

11. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got that but in their in a better situation then most but then again hes not leading them to a final like Cech did

12. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Can you imagine Chelsea in the final...

Football will die again..

This is the biggest turn off to this sport.

13. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Deep down I kind of want this if we make it there. Get revenge for 2012.

14. scotholiday11

scotholiday11 Member

Nov 19, 2006
    My house
    Club:
    Southend United FC
    Shit match but good result for Chelsea, they got done what they set out to do, Pathetico never looked like breaking them down. They should win at the Bridge especially with Hazard and Eto'o back as attacking options. Terry, Lamps, Cech all gonna be out for the home leg though...

15. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Have you ever seen Herrera's teams? Have you ever watched pure catennacio? What Mourinho is doing is nothing new and it's simply a tactic. Problem number two is your inability to see that it's also a counter-attacking measure. He doesn't line his players up in his own box for 90 minutes. That's childish to believe. He did the same against Barca until his counters worked and he won the game. Same for his Inter side on several occasions. Moreover this is also an example of winning the match over two legs. It's not outrageous by any means to want to defend away and win at home which is what Chelsea will attempt to do. He is playing to the strength of his team in the latter stages of the world's most difficult competition. You are more than welcome to "call it out" but I fail to see what you are actually calling out as you have no right to determine guidelines for morality within the game. There is no such thing. And you have no idea if people would stop or continue watching football. Football is reactive. For every defensive trend there are attacking and if you "ever watched the game" or had proper context you would have basic pattern recognition to know there will never come a time when football is just players defending. My god, what are you even trying to say? Nothing. You just feel bored and offended because you don't like when teams in real life play like this against you so you feel the need to redefine morality in football. The entitlement to ask teams to play like YOU want them too. Absolutely laughable.

And how dare you call my experience in playing into question? What does that have to do with your argument at all? How petty.

16. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't think so. They were missing their main creative outlet and attacked through width. They actually don't have a number of midfielders who can play "straight up". I don't know what team you think this is exactly. Mourinho has said time and time again this isn't the team in his image yet so the fact that he is here and alive in two competitions so late in the season with what he inherited is excellent in itself. Also, ATLETICO is one of the best defensive teams in the world. Mourinho wasn't up against any leaky team. This was just a low-risk calculation and it paid off.

17. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't see the problem. That quote doesn't really mean anything. I don't buy that Chelsea has a well equipped attacking team.

Again, nobody is rightly crediting what a good defensive team Atletico is and how hard to break down they are. Mourinho had a choice. Commit and be punished. Instead he walked away with an invaluable result with a team that is anything but ideal compared to the remaining teams.

Entitlement after entitlement around here.

18. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They have a wealth of options in attacking midfield giving the impression of a very attack-minded team, but unfortunately they failed to succinctly address central midfield and striker; two key components of an attack-minded, proactive team. That's the contradiction of Chelsea's squad management; they overload on certain aspects of building a proactive, attacking team but completely ignore others. What you have as a result is a team which, despite spending tens of millions of euros on attack, ultimately relies on defensive, reactionary approach that, while effective, wastes the awesome offensive talent they do have. That's personally what I object to. If you're going to build a team around attacking midfielders and wing-forwards, give them the tools to succeed, space to work with, and a playing style which maximizes their skillset. If you're going to build a team around being a very well-disciplined and defensive team, why the heck are you sinking and investing so much into offensive players?

humin12 and bayern15 repped this.
  19. Nermin Kolašinac

Jun 5, 2013
    Lahmfan's crib
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    impossible

20. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    They probably invest much money into offensive players, because they need quality ones that use the few chances they get efficiently.

21. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The squad not being what he expected seems about right. Chelsea not being able to stay the course in the season and not being able to play teams in CL says a lot.
    Salah Oscar Willian Lampard Schürrle Rameries Mikel is a capable midfield to choose from though. Seems to me the special one is stuck with his tatics

22. Matakos

Matakos Member+

May 18, 2009
    Macedonia, Greece
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    A 0-0 is hardly an invaluable result in my book. In this stage of the CL away goals are the most invaluable thing. Mourinho being hailed as a tactical mastermind and his players celebrating after the final whistle is laughable as Atletico are probably even stronger away from home. If Chelsea concede first they are pretty much out .
    How do you interpret his constant neglection of creative players like Modric, Mata, Oscar, De Bruyne in favour of hard-working runners like Khedira and Ramires or playing CB's in midifield like Luiz and Pepe? Mourinho simply has a disciplined defensive approach for the game that's why he prefers hard-working players that can execute his gameplan instead of players who can create with the ball.
    You also said that the team is not yet in Mourinho's image. Was Inter of 2008-2010 not in his image too? That was some of the most defensive football that has been witnessed.

humin12, FCB_KVB, Dhajj and 7 others repped this.
  23. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Price hardly guarantees goalscoring efficiency.

24. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    That is true, though this is what one expects when paying such high prices.

But that is not what I wanted to say with my previous post. My point was that even defensive oriented teams need quality players up front. I completely agree with you that a lot of offensive potential is laid wasted, but as long as these offensive produce not less goals than the opponent when playing quality sides at CL level and you win with a high chance vs. inferior teams such this tactics is ok. And the offensive potential comes into play when falling behind.

humin12 repped this.
  25. Matakos

Matakos Member+

May 18, 2009
    Macedonia, Greece
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    The Italians always had offensive players who could produce magic out of nothing to compensate for their defensive setup

humin12 and ToBlockIdiots repped this.