Italy's final 23 man roster for Brazil 2014...

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by falvo, Nov 13, 2013.

1. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Immobile and Destro are better. No to PELLE. Jesus christ whose next Matri?

2. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    lord telli is on a roll!!! as long as he's on the pitch, italy will always have a chance![​IMG]

3. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Lol

4. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Destro, Ciro and Balo

Really no point in even mentioning Pelle. Maybe next cycle.

5. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What makes your opinion on a player fact anyways ? Nothing.

6. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Gees I just gave good solid points while you back yours up with drivel all while admitting you don't watch him. Your reasons are child like.

7. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Graziano Pelle.... really?

I'd rather Prandelli call up Fabio Borini than Pelle

8. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Where the hell do you even watch eredivisie?

9. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'd gladly admit im wrong if he ever does get the chance to do so. Till then its just speculation if he succeeds or not.

jerrito repped this.
  10. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    the same places people keeping a close eye on Criscito at Zenit lol

indestructible repped this.
  11. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Yeah I can watch him to actually but i don't watch the Russian league!

Betfair live video show a lot of different leagues across the world

12. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No one has given any solid reasons as to why Graziano should not be considered. Nobody is saying he deserves it more than Immobile or Destro, but he deserves it more than Gilardino and Osvaldo.

And for those arguing against Pelle, what are you basing this on? Out of sight, out of mind? If a tree falls down in a forest and nobody is there, did it fall? If Graziano scores a ton of goals and none of us see it, did he really score..?

Anywaysss...

Prandelli all but admitted that Motta is in (good character) and Verratti out (cant play on the wing in a diamond 4).

Very disappointing

13. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    damnit, Prandelli had a 20/20 in Working With Youngsters in Football Manager 2014, what a sham, not bringing Verratti? I hope the scouts working for them knock him down to a 10/20

Motta deserves it though, but so does Verratti.

14. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Its a shame if this is what happens. Verratti should be going over Motta. It's decisions like this that cause worry.

My midfield would have been:

Pirlo, DeRossi, Marchisio, Verratti, Parolo, Insigne, Candreva, Florenzi/Cerci

Attack: Balotelli, Rossi, Cassano, Immobile, Destro

*If Rossi is not ready, then the other of Cerci/Florenzi

15. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I wonder if Prandelli would of picked Pelle for his 42 if internationals could go. Pelle should of been given a chance if the opportunity was available IMO. Either way, Immobile and Destro are doing their thing in a better league so they should be higher in the pecking order. Would I consider Pelle over Osvaldo??? I would take Garrincha over Osvaldo right now, and the former has been dead for 31 years.

The shame would be picking Florenzi over Cerci/Candreva in any way shape or form. That is not even a hard decision to make IMO. And not to repeat myself for the hundredth time…Insigne doesn't deserve to go. I know you love these young low-center-of-gravity guys with flair, but only Veratti really deserves to be on the squad Stamos (Florenzi does, but he has two better guys ahead of him unfortunately). Otherwise we are usually in complete agreement. Same forwards, no Montolivo, yes to Parolo, and hell no to Gilardino…

I would take both Motta and Verratti as well. My bigger concern though is with the forwards…if Prandelli takes Osvaldo and Gilardino, we might be in for a short Cup. Nesta, Baresi, Cannavaro, and Maldini are not back there anymore keeping 1-0 scores safe. Will Prandelli's forwards be able to get 2-3 tap-ins a game for 7 straight….

16. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I hear ya man and agree with many points but..

Deserve has nothing to do with it. This is about team chemistry and having certain attributes on your side. We need creators other than Pirlo (and Cassano). Insigne represents that.

And he hasn't been thaaaat bad this season...such an exaggeration by many I feel.

17. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Insigne is a quality player and all that but if you had to choose two between Insigne, Cassano and Diamanti would you still bring him?

18. Davide13

Davide13 Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #1393 Davide13, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
    While Prandelli was in Parma watching Cassano miss a penalty he should have been at the Olimpico watching Candreva and Immobile kick some butt.

If either of those two do not make the final 23 I will vomit.

Nice goal and assist from Balo too.

Italy's strongest front three combination right now would be Cerci playing behind Balo and Rossi or Immobile.

I think Italian fans should be excited about Immobile - 2 goals more than Tevez now - no penalties. He really is fantastic.

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2014/04/torino-club-focus-immobile-on-the-plane-he-should-be-pilot/

19. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Its hard scoring 20 goals in Serie A. Only one or two players do it a year. I wonder how many are 24 years old and Italian (with no penalties to boot). Hopefully we are seeing a superstar emerging. I know Gilardino was prolific for two season with Parma, but his goals never looked so lovely.

20. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So Cerci should play as trequartista now??!!o_O

Agree with you on Immobile his form demands that he be picked. He at the very least deserves a good look in upcoming friendlies.

Forwards: Balotelli, Cassano, Immobile, Gilardino, Cerci

21. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Could we start a petition to bring Immobile :D

22. Davide13

Davide13 Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    And why not? The qualities/attributes of a second striker are basically those of a trequartista.

I will basically be inconsolable if he doesn't go. I don't think there is any Italian players as exciting as him. Maybe Giuseppe Rossi.

http://www.football-italia.net/48109/atletico-madrid-want-immobile

23. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Not only does Immobile have 20 goals, but apparently he was one of the standout players during the fitness tests.

24. Davide13

Davide13 Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Not surprising. The kid scores a lot of goals between the 80th-90th minute. Seems as though he is just as fresh at the end of the game as he is at the start of it.

Cesare should have the goal of being one of - if not the fittest teams at the World Cup. Cardio is of the utmost importance. Sorry Fantantonio :/

25. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Source? Havent found any info on the fitness tests and how they went.

As for Cassano, he played a full 90 no issues in his last match. I wouldnt say fitness is a glaring issue with him.