Game of Thrones - season 4 (TV only edition) [R]

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Belgian guy, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Arsenal_NGA

Arsenal_NGA Member+

Jan 12, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Put a spoiler tag not because it's a spoiler, but because she's ******in ugly.

2. luftmensch

luftmensch Member+

United States
    May 4, 2006
    Petaluma
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ********ing old people, why do they even bother leaving the house.

3. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll post my comments on tonights episode as soon as I have relieved myself in front of the gates of the city.

billyireland and Dills repped this.
  4. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I had not noticed yet that there is some genuine resemblance between Diana Rigg and Natalie Dormer. I wonder if Rigg was partially cast on the basis of that?

5. usry723

usry723 Member+

Aug 14, 2008
    Georgia, USA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Typical story building episode after a big storyline twist episode.

I'd like to have an episode where they just follow The Hound and Arya for 60 minutes. That is the best storyline going at the moment.

Belgian guy repped this.
  6. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Pretty much, yeah.
    This is the first time that I found many of the KL scenes tedious.

7. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Also not quite following Sam's reasoning.
    "I'm afraid of having you around a bunch of horny crows. Say, how about I have you living in a brothel instead?" :rolleyes:

Matrim55, onefineesq and usry723 repped this.
  8. Arsenal_NGA

Arsenal_NGA Member+

Jan 12, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Boring episode.

Also, Jaime raping Cersei before Tyrion's body, that was inappropriate.

9. usry723

usry723 Member+

Aug 14, 2008
    Georgia, USA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jaime was starting to become likable too. So much for that, I suppose.

10. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    No reason to cast Diana Rig is needed beyond all around awesomeness.

11. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Naturally, but it suddenly occurred to me that they have a genuine resemblance.
    Even Rigg's real-life daughter Rachael Sterling and Natalie Dormer look somewhat alike.
    [​IMG]

12. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I liked that episode, and for me it went by very quickly. If there's one character I can do without it's Daenerys. She bores me, but I found the other stuff to be well done.

The whole Jaime raping his sister didn't bother me in the slightest. It just shows his true colors. This is a man that has no problem pushing a kid out of a window because he watched them screwing, he's felt rejected by almost everyone since returning to Kings Landing, especially the one person he always took comfort in. She's been cruel to him since his return and he longs for her affection. Part of her still wants him, and it's clear from the way she acts.

Alberto, onefineesq and luftmensch repped this.
  13. usry723

usry723 Member+

Aug 14, 2008
    Georgia, USA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought the scene with the slave collars was pretty awesome, but as a whole I agree. That whole story is just tiresome. Either go try and get the throne or don't already.

14. NHRef

NHRef Member+

Apr 7, 2004
    Southern NH
    Was that the first time those two admitted Joeffrey was their son?

As for Jamie's reaction:
    - Keep in mind he is a dick in general unless his capture changed him
    - He also just lost a son
    - He can't openly morn except for a lost king
    - That's the last three kings dieing under his 'watch' (ok, one he killed)
    - The one "go to" person in his life has shunned him

My first thought was "what if she gets preggers?" How do you explain that, or does that force her marriage QUICKLY.

And Tywin, already hitting up the new king that he has to get married. Well there's a newly singled hot chick in town that is queen material, after all she's been one twice now!

And Sansa, she's just screwed and we now have a really good guess at who's behind the poison. When they rowed out to the ship, my first reaction was "little finger must be back".

15. Arsenal_NGA

Arsenal_NGA Member+

Jan 12, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Lol, pretty sure he gives 0 f*cks about Joffrey, who even mocked him before he died when they were discussing things.

Jaime is frustrated, but this rape scene was unnecessary.

16. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was his son, I am sure as a father, he gives more than 0 fvcks.

17. Arsenal_NGA

Arsenal_NGA Member+

Jan 12, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The fact that he was having sex before his dead body says enough about how much he cared for Joffrey.

18. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well is not like Joffrey could see them.

His willingness to rape the women he loves tell much more about him.

19. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wouldn't be the first time a woman was to be married to someone, only to have that guy die and have her passed on to the recently departed's brother. I'm looking at you Catelyn and Ned.

After watching the Purple Wedding episode again, and reading some non-spoiler, sleuthing speculation online, I'm really starting to warm up to the idea of Cersei being the mastermind behind Joffrey's death.

20. bukie2k

bukie2k Member

Mar 28, 2002
    New Jersey
    My first knee-jerk response was Cersei was behind the poisoning but after re-watching last weeks episode I couldn't discount Lady Olenna being the culprit. 2 scenes from last night's episode make it seem even more possible - her conversation with Margery and Little Finger's reappearance and his familiarity with the necklace Sansa had on at the wedding, the same one Lady Olenna took an interest in.

The 1 person I am discounting is Sansa. She has now managed to mope herself into a 3rd no-win situation and I can't help but hope that Arya sometime soon reunites with her sister and slaps some sense into her.

21. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey it's all in the family.

22. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I lean towards your conclusions as well. As despised as the little Sadist was by everyone including his mother, she would never have killed him.

23. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's funny, because I was the complete opposite. My initial reaction was Olenna - or someone else from House Tyrell - but there's a lot of little things in the episode that seem shady about Cersei and the lead-up to Joff's poisoning. For example, sending away Maester Pycelle during the reception ... didn't he make a poison for herself & Tommen to consume when Stannis was attacking King's Landing? If he were present, wouldn't he have recognized what was happening ... or, for that matter, been able to help Joffrey out?

Even her line to Jamie saying that Tyrion threatened to kill Joffrey, recounting Tyrion's cryptic "turn to ash in your mouth" statement, and being very adamant about Jamie killing Tyrion, seemed like she's trying to frame her little brother and deflect any/all attention from her.

However, it seems that Littlefinger has more to do with Joffrey's death than anyone.

And since I haven't read that far can't see the future, only time will tell.

24. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Littlefinger knew about the poisoning way out in the boat. Littlefingers agent got Sansa out there about as quickly as possible after the event. So, who told Littlefinger?

25. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well it would seem that THAT only points to the fact that Littlefinger was in cahoots with someone in a definitive plan (conspiracy) to have this done, and set up the get-away in advance. Meaning, this would seem to rule out any notion that Joffrey's murder was a spur of the moment thing done by someone like Tyrion.

However, I'm with Alberto. I can't see any way that Cersei would kill her own son. She loved that piece of trash, even knowing he was evil as all hell. And yes, Lady Olenna's comments to her granddaughter seem very cryptic. I actually am interested in knowing why she thought that Joffrey's death was actually a turn for the best for her kin.

By the way, it was weird to finish watching the episode at 10:30 or so (I rewind a lot now because I have learned from these threads that I tended to miss lots of foreshadowing and other meaningful references), and then turn on THE MENTALIST, which I was DVR'ing, only to notice that Oberyn Martell is currently playing the boyfriend/love interest of a main character on that show as well. I had to stare long and hard to realize it was the same guy.