Who Is The Greatest Dribbler Ever

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Dearman, May 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

The Greatest Dribbler Ever

1. Garrincha

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Maradona

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. George Best

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Ronaldo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Messi

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  6. Impossible to know

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  7. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What WC90 performance, he played 20 minutes or so and was completely injured. Likewise, Ronaldo did not sniff the playing turf in WC94, so it's irrelevant whether they gifted him a WC winner medal since he made no contribution.

Maldini is not lying because he is not even making a factual statement. It's only his conjecture and he is free to make it, but it means nothing: Ronaldo did not play for AC Milan in 06-07.

leadleader and greatstriker11 repped this.
  2. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Cruyff is much better than Ronaldo, but Ronaldo is the most overhyped of all times. He belongs nowhere near Maradona.

greatstriker11 repped this.
  3. greatstriker11

greatstriker11 Member+

Apr 19, 2013
    london
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Another part of history you don't know about. Let me bring you up on things. Romario was left for a full year before WC94 because Parreira suspended him from NT for disciplinary reasons. It was a friendly match in which Romario was called and sat on the bench for the entire match. He got upset as usual of him and argued with Parreira and said " if I knew i was coming all away from Holland to sit on the bench I would have never come" Parreira got upset and suspended him. Romario was a prima donna. A trouble maker. So it wasn;t his football that got him off the hook but lack of discipline and respect. And the other year he went missing is because he got heavily injured while playing for PSV, which required surgery on his ankle. Which is the reason he was unfit for WC90.

Any one who says that Baggio outperformed Romario in WC94 does that to annoy Romario fans or simply because they are desperate to stay in the debate by using rhetoric tricks like this one. James tried a millionth times but failed. Are you going to do the James thing here with us?

If Ro Ro combo was the best since Pele, why don't you show some more respect and appreciation towards Romario and stop bashing on him. James used these lines before. For a while he bashed on Romario in debating with us. But as soon as he started to lose argument and run out of steam then he resorted to decoy and become apologetic. You do not have to change you argument now and suddenly say "Oh but Romario was great as a duo to Ronaldo" Cause after all the bashing and ranting it's a little too little and too late now. Take a stand like a man and finish your R9 argument with us. Do not slack on me. Finish what you have started!

4. Dagoods

Dagoods Member

Aug 11, 2002
    USA

http://www.goal.com/en/news/8/main/2008/10/04/895828/maradona-and-ronaldo-best-ever-maldini
    Milan legend Paolo Maldini admits the best strikers he has ever played against have been Diego Maradona and Ronaldo. Il Capitano admits the two legendary strikers are the most difficult to defend…
    "He is the striker who has put me in the most difficulty on the pitch. The best is Maradona but even Ronaldo during his first two years at Inter was a phenomenon.

5. Dagoods

Dagoods Member

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    Cruyff was the messi of his time. Played along with 6-7 WC finalists!
    He didn't have the same impact in Spain!

6. greatstriker11

greatstriker11 Member+

Apr 19, 2013
    london
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I am not going to read Nesta long winded personal opinion. For you have not given me your opinion on the video I send you before. You do not satisfy me so why should I return you no favour?

Romario didn't score in no final. But has Maradona score in a final? Has Cruyff score in a final?

All I see is you going down the same pathetic road as James did. Posting posters when you ran out of words to continue arguing.

Is there any R9 fan who can take a real debate with me here on bigsoccer.com?

Shame on you!

I shit on all of you!

Pipiolo repped this.
  7. greatstriker11

greatstriker11 Member+

Apr 19, 2013
    london
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Cruyff was and is still regarded as one of the very top 5 to ever passed through Barca.

Ronaldo cannot even tie Cruyff's laces while wearing a blaugrana shirt.

Pipiolo repped this.
  8. Dagoods

Dagoods Member

Aug 11, 2002
    USA

And the year before that? and the previous year before?
    Ronaldo was the ICONIC figure the Selecao needed before he took the world by storm!
    ZICO was the last true face of the CBF.

Am I making this up?

watch this documentary ;)

Romario was a transitional figure, a very good one at best!
    Roberto Baggio carried Italia almost single handedly. Romario, at least had Bebeto on his side to help him with the scoring load!

I have nothing but respect for Romario. He makes my all-time dream team, for sure. But he belongs on the bench! R9 is a starter without a doubt!

9. Dagoods

Dagoods Member

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    in your little world!
    I've posted video evidence - FACT
    Stats - FACT
    corrected you on your flawed views - PROVED that R9 is a two-time liga winner!
    I'm posting articles quotes from LEGENDARY footballers - ALL-TIME legends!
    and they all claim the same thing: RONALDO not MESSI was their toughest opponent!
    and why Messi? Because MESSI is someone who's light years better than ROMARIO…
    Like I said, Romario doesn't belong in this conversation buddy!

10. Dagoods

Dagoods Member

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    #3285 Dagoods, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
    And RONALDO is considered a Barca legend despite only playing one season and then joining RM.
    Cruyff won la liga in his first season - Ronaldo won 3 titles in his first season!

11. greatstriker11

greatstriker11 Member+

Apr 19, 2013
    london
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Romario was transitional at best? Romario had at least Bebeto?

mate what are you smoking?

Romario had Bebeto. But Ronaldo in 98 had Rivaldo, Bebeto, Dunga and Roberto Carlos and Cafu and the list goes on and on. Then in 2002 Ronaldo had the most star infested squad Brazil has ever had in their history. Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Lucio, the list is too long with superstars to say the least. Then again in 2006 they had the same players as 2002 but more with Adriano. What is wrong with you have you been smoking shit before you took it to this thread tonight mate? hahaha.

I cannot remeber any post you made here that made sense or enlightened me.

Transitional player? Romario put an end to Brazil's 24 years of suffering for not having won anything substantial. And her comes you distorting historic events and expecting us to believe you? Man you are even worse then James. Why am I even wasting my time with you?

If you take out Romario from WC94, Brazil would have never reached the finals which means they would have never won the WC. The consequence of that would mean that Ronaldo would have never been on the spot for PSV to hire him and he would have never become the guy you guys so much praise. To cut it short, No Romario means no WC94 victory which means No Ronaldo R9!

So the next time ou think you can lecture us go hit the books and read and read before coming here and make blatant and a fool out of yourself.

Gosh where is Celito and Edhardy and the other serious debaters that made sense here. For the last few months it's James and now, this guy.

It's getting boring!

Pipiolo repped this.
  12. greatstriker11

greatstriker11 Member+

Apr 19, 2013
    london
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    mate you are not even fit to see a doctor. I guess from what I just read above I think not even a doctor would like to see you out of fear he might find it hard to diagnose you. Cause to be honest you need help and soon. Do not go out on the streets cause they will lock you up for fraud and defamation. You will be found guilty on all counts and put to death for the lies here above in your post. Why do you have to lie against me?

Why do you have to lie that you made corrections to my posts. What mistake have I posted since you got here. Go take you dirty lies somewhere else.

In the end what we have here is just another fanboy crying how good Ronaldo is and how much they disdain Romario, Messi, and the rest. In the fanboy eye only R9 is worthy of being praised.

And you know what is the most helpless about you guys/ That is that you believe in your own shit!

So long to you. And enjoy your Ronaldo bubble.

Ronaldo was agreat striker. One of the very best. But his fans are among the worsed I have ever encountered. Even worse then Messi and CR7 fanboys. R9 fans are helpless.

Pipiolo repped this.
  13. greatstriker11

greatstriker11 Member+

Apr 19, 2013
    london
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Romario won La Liga and pichichi in his first season for Barca.

Are you sure you watched Romario in 93/94 or are you just defending your stand stubbornly? Cause that is what I am smelling here.

Cruyff hired Romario because he saw a champion in him. And last year, Cruyff took it to TV and stated that his most technical player ever was Romario. Have you missed this report as well?

14. Dagoods

Dagoods Member

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    didn't you see the video. Zagallo said r9 bcsme the face of brazilian football. Romario was just another ronaldinho along the way.

Ronaldinho was still a promkse in 2002, played in france with little experience.
    Rivaldo was always accused of percorming better at club level than international level.
    cafu and roberto carlos were on their way on becoming legendary that i'll give you.
    Lucio was still establishing himself.
    Brazil were not the favorites. France, argentina, and italy were the favorites!

You remove r9 from thr 97 copa and romario doesnt win that copa america.

15. Dagoods

Dagoods Member

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    Ad hominem, a clear indication that you have no argument left.
    So I guess it's just you two. Only you and romario think they he's better than messi!

R9 only winning 1 wc
    r9 only winning 1 title
    howche was fit in 02 and romario was done
    and now how brazil 02 was such s great tem when in reality
    they weren't favorites at all!

16. Dagoods

Dagoods Member

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    Link?
    So much praise but yet he left out romario from his worldxi of all-time!

17. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
  18. greatstriker11

greatstriker11 Member+

Apr 19, 2013
    london
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #3293 greatstriker11, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
    Link?

"Romario was the most technical player I have ever had"

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2889...yff-romario-is-the-best-player-i-ever-coached

http://www.sambafoot.com/en/news/33125_cruyff_____romario_is_the_best_player_i_ever_trained.html

and in Spanish from ESPN: http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/story?id=277583

Wikipedia Cruyff yet again and other great about Romario: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romario#Recognition

Another famous quote by Cruyff on Romario's dribble: "He's the only player I know who can dribble in a square meter" (Johann Cruijff on Romario) In Spanish: “Es el único jugador que conozco capaz de regatear en un metro cuadrado”

Bobby Robson has an extensive page on Romario and praised him in his autobiography!

Diego Maradona: Diego Maradona on who was the best player he ever saw play: "It is between Romário and Van Basten".
    http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=..._ge_summary_r&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false

Maradona again: "Romario is in my dream team. I have never seen a finisher like him" ( El Diego autobiography)

Satisfied now?

And as you mentioned it yourself, yes FIFA included Romario in FIFA all time WC dream team: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Cup_Dream_Team

You asked for links to back me, I gave them to you!

And stop defaming me here saying things never happened like making corrections to mistakes etc. Stay real!

You have asked for proof while you yourself haven't offered one. You just like James. Noise but won't offer your own demands.

In the end of the day, you take out Romario from WC94 and Brazil would have never won it. You take out Romario's crucial goals in 93/94 and Barca would have never won La Liga. You take out Romario's header out of Copa America 89 and Brazil would have not won it. You take out Romario's goals from Summer Olympics 88 and Brazil would have not get silver medal. And the list goes on.

You can brag about Ronaldo as much as you can. But you still haven't given a real piece of evidence to proof that Ronaldo is a better player then Romario. You asked of me to give you links to back me up, we have given you video's showing Romario goals and technique, Cruyff's own interviews, and stats showing Romario superior top scoring and league titles that stand above Ronaldo's. What else do you need?

Besides all the quotes from the true great all timers above on Romario, I will post now a quote from your own idol Ronaldo admitting that he learned his skills from Romario:

Ronaldo: "Romário was the most decisive player who I played with, he was a great goal scorer, finisher, skilful, opportunist. I think I learnt all of that from him"
    1. Ronaldo: “Romario was the most decisive player who I played with”. Copa2014.gov. Retrieved 20 November 2013
    So please do not say that I ran out of arguments, for I have given you concrete evidence in all forms e.g videos, quotes, stats to show you that R9 wasn' t above Romario. And I can do the same for Baggio and Rivaldo cause in my opinion they were all in the same class!

19. Bruford

Bruford Member

Sep 23, 2012
    #3294 Bruford, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
    This argument about praise is always used on this kind of discussion. And, like many other things exhaustively repeated about Ronaldo, we all know that many players praised him as a phenomenal player. Yet, as usual, the praise that Romário received is often forgotten for misteryous reasons. Some praise on him:

Baresi: "Maradona is the best player I ever faced. Then, Romário was another very tough player to play against."
    http://www.khaleejtimes.com/sport/i...0/March/football_March58.xml&section=football

And Romário was on the favorites XI by Jaap Stam, Ryan Giggs, Raul, Stoichkov and many others.
    http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/jaap-stam-perfect-xi
    http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/ryan-giggs-perfect-xi
    http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/raul-perfect-xi
    http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/hristo-stoichkov-perfect-xi

Pipiolo and greatstriker11 repped this.
  20. greatstriker11

greatstriker11 Member+

Apr 19, 2013
    london
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Check this post and tell me what Ronaldo said of Romario. I mean R9 fanboys make a lot of noise but they do not know that their own idol regarded Romario as his own mentor! R9 fanboys tend to cherry pick that what supports their argument and vies but conveniently leave out some crucial evidence that will actually weaken their arguments.

How convenient?

greatstriker11,21 minutes ago

21. Bruford

Bruford Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Mate,
    I read many of Dagoods posts in Xtratime in recent years. He always had this exotic idea that Ronaldo is the third best player ever, ahead of Cruyff, Di Stefano, let alone Romário. In order to support his idea, he even try to give Ronaldo some credits for WC94, La liga 06/07. I think he is trying to find a way to give Ronaldo some credit for Milan UCL 06/07 too, be prepared.
    Anyway, Ronaldo, as Romário, belongs to my personal top 20. I never said Romário was better than Ronaldo. I rate them equally. I have personal preference for Romário style of play, but I can accept someone rating Ronaldo a bit higher due to his great performances in 2 WCs, not only one. I also can accept someone rating Van Basten ahead of these two brazilians due to his club career. Personally, I even rate Zidane a bit higher than Ronaldo and Romário, because of the amount of crucial moments where he proved to me that he was the best of his generation.The fact is that is Romário who often does not receive all the credits he deserves on this kind of discussion, not Ronaldo. Ronaldo is overhyped by some of his fans, as we are seeing now.

22. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ronaldo had a player that was just as valuable for Brazil in Rivaldo, In the WC he actually won, there was also another legendary player: Ronaldinho. Both of these players are a notch better than Bebeto.

But not the one that mattered: La Liga :rolleyes:

23. greatstriker11

greatstriker11 Member+

Apr 19, 2013
    london
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I second your post here 100%

It just made me realise that there's a group of delusional R9 fans who are radical and irrational with their own fantasy to the extreme that even themselves don't notice how predictable they have become.

Killer93, James88, Alexander88, Jamesbh11 and now I have been introduced to this Dagoods. They all make noise without being receptive for a two way discourse dialogue. With them there's no dialogue but monologue. Any debate with them end up with them throwing the same garbage of arguments that do not proof anything:

1. there's only one fenomeno!
    2. 15 WC goal records!
    3. Heir to Pele
    4. young age factor
    5. R9 destroyed defenders
    6. given unfairly credits to R9 for WC94 and La Liga 06/07
    7. When asked why he had poor league titles, they blame the Club as sub par
    8. When asked why R9 had a poor top scorer title they blame the competition to be tough
    9. When asked how come Romario (an all time best top scorer with more trophies, team and individual), they will say that he spend much time in Brazil. Ignoring that he played 7 years in Europe and won 2 of those top scorers in UCL.

You always get the same replies from them having either one or all of the above. Excuses who bare no real ground. 90% of all the points above are nothing but excuses and/or lies only they believe in.

@Pipiolo @leadleader

24. greatstriker11

greatstriker11 Member+

Apr 19, 2013
    london
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Romario on the bench? You mean like Ronaldo did in WC94?

Mate you can't be serious. Do you really believe in the things you're saying here?

Most of us are no fools to be persuaded by your delusional lies. We have seen WC94, WC98, WC02 and WC06 and need no lectures here. 95% of all the things you're saying in this thread are lies or incorrect.

You must do a lot better then that to make progress. As far as things stand, you have only made a fool out of yourself.

All of us who argue for Romario have openly and repeatedly claimed our appreciation for Ronaldo. We hold him dear to our hearts. But you in turn bashed and moaned and lied about Romario without any legit source of evidence to back your views up. You are just like James but even worse.

Why are we even listening to you is beyond me.

25. greatstriker11

greatstriker11 Member+

Apr 19, 2013
    london
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    "Ad hominem" is a word too sophisticated for your standards mate.:cool:

From the dumb arguments you put forward last night on this thread you should stick to "Cows, chickens and goats"

Cause there is where you belong, in a farm!:ROFLMAO:

Pipiolo repped this.