Sporting CP Academy - A Fábrica de Talentos

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by joaommx, Nov 7, 2011.

1. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    What position do you think Esgaio is more ready for, rb or winger? Seems like he switches between the 2 quite often

2. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I think he plays well in both positions, but given his 30 goals in 60 games for the B team I think it's a waste to play him too far from the opposition's goal.

A popular opinion among fans is that he would probably be a very good centre midfielder too. I personally believe that with proper management he could play anywhere other than centre back and goalkeeper. This generation's Luis Enrique basically.

natenate101 and SCP21 repped this.
  3. Inkie

Inkie Member

May 17, 2013
    Paio Pires
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    http://www.tvgolo.com/jogo-showfull-1396225488---39

There it is. Great build up from Shikabala and Esgaio on Wallyson's first goal. Another great performance from Wallyson, if he keeps it up i wouldn't mind to see him as Adrien's sub next season.

SCP21 repped this.
  4. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Betinho was very impressive last weekend when he came on for the last minutes of Setúbal's defeat at Arouca. He only played about 10 minutes and it was just his second game for them after recovering from his injury. I doubt he'll be able to start for them anytime soon, their other forwards are also doing fine, but at least he's already looking more incisive. I hope Couceiro stays at Setúbal next season and we loan them Betinho again, then by 2015-16 he should be ready to fight for a starting spot on our first team.

His highlights start from 2:14.
    First a dangerous header after a long ball from João Mário, then a shot deflected by a defender and then another violent shot from outside the box that hit the post.

http://www.tvgolo.com/jogo-showfull-1396220153-1304288520--39

natenate101 repped this.
  5. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Betinho himself said he wants to stay in Setubal next season , according to A Bola

6. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Sporting B defeated Feirense this morning at Santa Maria da Feira.

Feirense 1-2 Sporting B
    Luís Ribeiro; Ricardo Esgaio, Matías Pérez, Rúben Semedo, Seejou King; Kikas, Wallyson Mallmann, Filipe Chaby (74' out for Edelino Ié); Iuri Medeiros (82' out for Luka Stojanovic), Wilson Eduardo, Ousmane Dramé (85' out for Lewis Enoh)

Goals by Wallyson Mallmann (again!) assisted by Dramé and Wilson Eduardo assisted by Iuri.

http://www.tvgolo.com/jogo-showfull-1396781417---39

natenate101 and SCP21 repped this.
  7. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #307 joaommx, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
    SCP21 and natenate101 repped this.
  8. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Betinho subbed off. He assisted Rafael Martins for his second goal and had a great shot from outside the box that hit the post. He and his teammates upfront still don't connect very well, especially him and Ricardo Horta.

9. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Horta scores again. Would love him on Sporting next year. Joao Mario too.

10. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    João Mário with us next season looks like a given, he has been imense for Setúbal dictating their game with Pedro Tiba by his side.
    I found Horta a little underwhelming though, he looks like a less creative version of Iuri Medeiros.

11. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Diego Rubio played his first official game today for Sandnes Ulf and scored their only goal on a 4-1 defeat against Lillestrom.

12. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Wallyson Mallmann who was on loan since he arrived one and a half years ago has signed for us. We paid €350.000 for 70% of his rights and he'll stay with us for the next five years. I don't know who we bought him from, probably some player's fund.

I'm really glad he signed, he has been with Esgaio our best B team player in the second half of the season.

SCP21 repped this.
  13. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    ^From Man City wasn't it?

14. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He came from there but I doubt they owned his rights.

15. Inkie

Inkie Member

May 17, 2013
    Paio Pires
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yes, he was from Man City. As i said before, this kid could be the next big thing. He'll have a though job to make it to the first squad with Adrien and João Mário but he deserves a chance. 350k is a bargain for all this potential.

16. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  17. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Wallyson looks like a bonafide #10. Playmaker and goalscoring threat. I want to say he reminds me of Kaka'.

18. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Our u13 team won the Torneio Internacional de Futebol Infantil organised by CAC Pontinha. It's one of, if not the most important u13 tournaments in Europe, and besides us, Benfica and FC Porto, teams like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atlético Madrid, Athletic Bilbao, Lyon, PSG, Inter Milan, Manchester United, Lokomotiv have participated in it's 33 years of competition.

This year the participating teams were:

Group A: Fulham, Recreativo Huelva, CAC Pontinha, FC Porto
    Group B: Al Ahli Dubai, Malaga CF, Sporting CP, SL Benfica

We came second on our group behind Malaga, defeated FC Porto in the semis and then defeated Malaga in the final 3-1. The final was on TV.
    We started it like this:

[​IMG]

14' Goal for Malaga
    30' Diogo Rodrigues out for Hevertton Santos
    30' Henrick Oliveira out for Nuno André Cardoso
    30' Rui Reis out for Tiago Gouveia
    38' Goal for Sporting, Félix Correia scored with a volley from outside the box
    51' Goal for Sporting, Captain Carlos Silva scored off a corner
    59' Goal for Sporting, Tiago Gouveia inside the box created a chance on his own and put it on the back of the net
    60' FT 3-1
    During the second half Rui Reis came on again for Ricardo Cardoso but I don't know exactly when.

Ronaldo Camará was the youngest player in the tournament, he's two years younger than the rest of his teammates but you wouldn't know, he was our best player. He's strong, fast, really confortable on the ball and had a great chance on a distant free kick, but the ball hit the bar. After the game he was asked on a flash interview who were his references in the world of football and he said "William Carvalho and Paulo Pogba". He did look like a very young version of them, especially Pogba.
    I also liked Félix Correia, he wasn't that good in the first half but he got better in the second. He's really technical and has a great dribble.
    Gonçalo Franco caught my eye too, he was the smallest kid on the pitch, but he was great, like a little Gattuso, always on top of Malaga's midfielders. He didn't let them breathe.
    Tiago Gouveia didn't play much in the final but he did score a goal, and he was the tournaments top goalscorer.

natenate101 repped this.
  19. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Here is some footage of this team winning a tournament in the Azores last summer. From 10m54 you can see Ronaldo Camará scoring an hat trick against Paris SG in the final. We won it 5-1.

20. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Anyone have any information on Thomas Davey? He's english but in our youth system. Wondering if it's another Eric Dier situation?

Also wondering how Luka Stojanovic is coming along. Can't find much...

21. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Did you see that on wikipedia?

22. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Yes, I'm obsessed with having the correct squad numbers on Fifa 14. A bunch of players returned from loan so all their numbers were screwed up, so I went on Wiki to check the numbers, surfed a bit and saw "Thomas Davey", saw the english flag and was intriqued as to whether this was another son-of-Brits-working-in-Lisbon story.

23. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I saw it the other day, it was just a troll. If you want squad numbers for portuguese teams (and Sporting's youth team rosters) go to zerozero. Their english version isn't as good because a few things aren't translated. But other than that you aren't going to find a better and more up to date website on Portuguese football.

Other than Dier or Ilori (whose father is an englishman of nigerian descent) the only british player I can find to recently play for us is Zack Aguiar Blackwell, an u13 who played for us two years ago, he's playing now at the aforementioned CAC Pontinha.

24. Inkie

Inkie Member

May 17, 2013
    Paio Pires
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Our B squad played earlier against Marítimo B. We won 3-1, with goals froma Dramé (2) and Iuri Medeiros. Here they are:

Beautiful free kick from Dramé. And Iuri just being Iuri. 2 players that have been in great shape and deserve more than our B squad.

joaommx and natenate101 repped this.
  25. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Iuri was criticized by Abel not too long ago from his lack of hustle but it's clear he should be called up. The only concern I have is his size.