The Transfer Thread ** Benatia è il passato **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, Feb 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I think he is a winger who can also play in midfield, similar to Pjanic who played on the wings a lot with Lyon if I'm not mistaken. The reports are claiming that he will be the replacement for Pjanic if he does leave. Chelsea and Man U showed some interest in Pjanic apparently.

2. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stupid rumor of the day: Gervinho to Liverpool.

3. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure Gervinho is eager to return to England

4. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Like a vacation to hell

Deand21594 repped this.
  5. Deand21594

Deand21594 Member+

Jan 24, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Yeah but Pjanic has also been a ghost at times even when he is on the pitch. Don't get me wrong, when he's playing well he's brilliant but when he has disappeared someone else always picked up the pieces and we pushed on. Next year we may have to play with a more tough midfield at times in away champions games, don't you think a midfield trio of DDR-Paulinho-Stroot would suffice? as mentioned in another post, bring in a creative winger. This would give us an extra edge to let us be more dangerous on the counter and give us more steel in the mid for those games where we'll need to smother the oppositions midfield.

6. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    #2806 La Magica, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
    For sure Pjanic has been invisible in certain games and when Totti is out and Pjanic out/invisible someone has always picked up but my point is thats its been mainly through individual play like Gervinho say for example.

A creative winger is an option if you want to go with the bomb squad midfield, although a second choice option as I think our starting 11 can go to most teams without fear. But I would never switch a pretender like Paulinho for a warrier like Nianggolan if that were the option. Paulinho would have his ass firmly on the bench every time.
    So with the youngsters we have on loan I would trust one of them to be a back up until Strootman is ready and keep our money for elsewhere.

I do like having a link player in the centre dictating our attacking play and in fact if Destro was playing up top I would certainly want to see one next year in the champions league. We really had to grind out results without them this season and its been close on occasions when I think even if we had a Parolo it would have been easier. If we've struggled in those games against domestic opposition how would we look against top European sides?

I hope Rudi takes his total game to them

Salmeen10 repped this.
  7. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Florenzi can play the utilitarian/box midfield role when needed.

8. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Not in Garcias mind

9. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Also, scoring in the Champions league isnt as hard as people make it out. Unlike in Serie A, all teams play an open game in the CL, which is the reason Ibra and Ronaldo has more GPG in Europe than in league play

10. Deand21594

Deand21594 Member+

Jan 24, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I do like having a central midfield playmaker but I'd also like us to have another style where we can switch to a more creative winger and have, as you call it, a bomb midfield. And in using this other tactic I think having Strootman/Paulinho/Radja/DDR as our options in midfield we would destroy anyone. Paulinho is underrated by most here on this forum, he's very good on the attack but his chance conversion lets him down mostly.
    At the moment we do look a bit stacked in midfield but games are going to be coming thick and fast next year and we are going to be starting the season with some jaded players coming back from Brazil. We'd be foolish not to invest in Paulinho if we have the money available.

11. tmontana52

tmontana52 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Philly- the 215
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Fabergas could be leaving Barca this summer, he'd be a great replacement if Pjanic leaves

12. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    6 mil /year

13. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Recent links of Abel Hernandez. Him or Borini and I'd be content.

14. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't get the links to Abel Hernandez unless he is a third option behind Destro and someone like Martinez.

15. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm not optimistic or realistic enough to think we are getting someone of Martinez's quality along with Destro. I don't see any cash splashing like that. But that's just me, not trying to talk like the voice of God.

16. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Sign the beast

Vulpinous repped this.
  17. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If you're gonna be splashing cash on anyone, look right above

18. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Thats the defenition of redundancy. Remember we have a certain legend who plays the same position

19. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    If Hernandez comes he will be very cheap, likely something like Verre's half plus another youngster or a million or two. I like him and I think he has potential. He too can play as CF or on the wing. He would be a low risk signing for back up. But even if we sign him we still need a starting quality winger, him alone is not enough.

20. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Fully agree. Even with this player, you still need someone else. But I'd rather have Abel and a player like Lacazette instead of Martinez, who will eat up the transfer budget and leave us with little funding to find a decent winger. Regardless if Ljajić stays, we still need another winger. And I'm thrifty when it comes to what we need.

21. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Judging from Gattuso's comments when he was at Palermo, Hernandez is a lazy player that doesn't work hard enough in training.

No thanks

Wolfbeatseagle, Andreas and Goduerza repped this.
  22. Goduerza

Goduerza Member+

Jun 13, 2008
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Fully agree.

23. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Not sure what Gattuso said and whether it has something to do with lack of motivation playing in B. But Sabatini brought Hernandez to Palermo and worked with him for two years. If he decides to bring Abel to Roma then he must see something in him. I trust Saba's judgement, but it is still a wild rumor anyways.

24. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You are out of your mind. :eek:

The few games we had to play without Totti and Pjanic were almost a disaster , no one to put the ball in the middle.

Unless Ljajic keeps playing like he does now , we need another midfielder like Pjanic.

25. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    Haakon24 and whill4 repped this.