Mes que un sporting project - The Other Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Zidane05, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Subtractam

Subtractam Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Honestly, if you're going to compare Ronaldo and Suarez on who had the better season INDIVIDUALLY, it is hands down Ronaldo. You don't score 14 goals in the UCL and 4 goals against sweden for nothing. Add to the fact that suarez only has 1 assist to his name up against the big boys of the BPL (Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal).

temesgen repped this.
  2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The idea that Florentino chose Beckham over Ronaldinho because Ronaldinho was too ugly is the biggest, most stupid myth in football.

3. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    How the ******** can you compare Suarez to a man who has scored 45 goals and had 13 assists in just 41 appearances this season.

Lyra and temesgen repped this.
  4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Suarez is playing a fantastic season too though. I just find it a bit weird to say he's the best player in the world.

Lyra and temesgen repped this.
  5. Tamed Giraffe

Tamed Giraffe Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Wagga Wagga, NSW
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Since u were manipulating stats ill just state the stats based on league matches. You can say that if you are a class striker playing for Liverpool then the team tactics will be orientated towards you. In fact Suarez just narrowly has a higher percentage of goals for Liverpool in EPL than CR7 does in La Liga for Real Madrid. (Suarez 30 goals of the teams 96 goals. 31% goal contribution to team) (Ronaldo 28 goals of the teams 94 goals. 30% goal contribution to the team). So no Suarez hasn't outperformed Ronaldo in the league. And no Suarez hasn't been way more instrumental in liverpool's success compared to Cr7 you delusional child. Despite the difference in quality between the two teams Suarez has had almost the same amount of contribution to the team as Cr7 has for Real Madrid.

6. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    The comparison that "counts" is the calendar year imo since that is the timeframe for the WPOTY and other whack ass awards so to really, really make the comparison "fair" you would include all competitions and penalties from the first of January on, thank you and good night :D

7. Crimson

Oct 11, 2009
    I'm not begrudging the man, but he has had literally no pressure on him, playing once a week or less in what is a complete joke of a league atm.

8. Crimson

Oct 11, 2009
    Ok let me put you down like the rabid dog you are:

Suarez's goals against Chelsea (2nd), Man City (3rd), Arsenal (4th) and Everton (5th)= 2

Ronaldo's goals against Barcelona (3rd), Atletico (1st), Athletic (4th) and Sevilla (5th) = 6 (add 3 more for the goals he scored against Atletico in the CdR as well)

9. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ok so in the Champions League Ronaldo is a beast. Unfortunately Suarez is not playing in the champions league. Again so I look at league stats and overall play to compare. Ronaldo has not played to his usual standard in the league and I feel Suarez has cached up.

Some will say Ronaldo, some will say Suarez and some will still say ********ing Messi. The point is that I don't think it's that crazy to suggest that Suarez has had a better season. He is unplayable this season.

Guys Suarez doesn't take penalties!!!
    He has scored way more goals than Ronaldo in open play. Holy shit imagine if he took Liverpool's penalties? He would have 42 bloody goals! Suarez is a ********ing machine right now.

Any way you look at it....
    Goals....Assists...Defending...Work rate....Skills....Desire...Competitiveness....shot-to-goal ratio...Suarez is better this season.

10. Tamed Giraffe

Tamed Giraffe Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Wagga Wagga, NSW
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    i think we are on the page here...

4x4s repped this.
  11. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's not a fair comparison because you're punishing Ronaldo for his team's greater success given the fact that he qualified for the CL and excelled in it, and you're rewarding Suarez for his team's lack of success in not qualifying for the CL. By only including competitions you consider worthy, you're effectively deleting perhaps the most impressive aspect of Ronaldo's season, which is his recording tying performance in the CL.

-Fifth CharM- repped this.
  12. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The even bigger myth is that Barcelona chose Ronaldinho over Beckham. What many dont know is that Beckham was Laporta's presidential promise.

Excape Goat repped this.
  13. Tamed Giraffe

Tamed Giraffe Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Wagga Wagga, NSW
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    since you can't get stats on Suarez now you resort to mere assumptions and statements. Btw yes i agree Suarez has been fantastic this season but your making it seem like Suarez has been way way better than Ronaldo this season which is not true at all. Suarez doesn't perform in big games.

14. Subtractam

Subtractam Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    are you actually retarded? "If suarez took penalties he would have 42 bloody goals" Who is to say that he would of scored the penalties? The more penalties you score, the more goalkeepers study you and the more pressure you have. Also that logic in itself fails. Guys I don't play in the BPL!!! Holy crap! imagine if i played in the bpl???? I would have bloody 10000000 goals!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It was mentioned to highlight the fact that Ronaldo only manages to get close to Suarez by virtue of his penalty kicks. :(

Subtractam repped this.
  16. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina

I shit talk everyone. 4x4 knows that benzo is here to stay and bags bitvhes and goals ; )

nicafornica and jeremy123 repped this.
  17. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    #7242 -Fifth CharM-, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
    Fair comparison? Christ, this isn't about being fair for you. If it was you would not have excluded the domestic cups, which would put Ronaldo on top. Both have participated in domestic cups, so why not include them? Well that's because the statistical outcome does not support your talking point. Especially since Suarez participated in two domestic league cups versus Ronaldo's single one, and yet Ronaldo still came on top. If it would have been reverse you would have been banging on about this.

You can not punish Ronaldo for his team's greater success (qualifying for the European competition and individually excelling in it), and you can not reward Suarez for his team's lack of success in not qualifying for any European competition.

And lastly, when individual performance trophies are being awarded; do you think they look at the entire picture(league, domestic cups and European cups) or just the one(league)? The answer is quite clear.

Eddie, 4x4s, azriel and 2 others repped this.
  18. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I wouldn't include it, mainly bc its a popularity contest and there's no clear set of criteria for being picked. Granted Ronaldo won but IMO in the past 4 or 5 years my personal picks would have included players not named Ronaldo or Messi. In the midfield xavi and iniesta for example are couple players who like them or not arguably should have won the award at some time.

19. scotholiday11

scotholiday11 Member

Nov 19, 2006
    My house
    Club:
    Southend United FC
    Suarez wins easily.

20. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Ya take Suarez go for it. Ronaldo shits on him and we all know it.

21. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There's also something to be said for consistency and context here. Ronaldo has been putting up these sorts of numbers on a yearly basis. Suarez has only scored at a similar clip over the course of this season. Before this season, who truly thought Suarez was the best player in the world? No one; it was between Ronaldo and Messi while Suarez groped about in a crowded second tier of CFs alongside Ibra, Falcao, Agüero, Lewandowski, and his fellow Uruguayan colleague, Cavani. Before this season, everyone knew Ronaldo was in the running close behind or ahead of Messi. Messi has since dropped off and Suarez has risen. But I think if we strip Suarez of his hot-streak he's on ATM, Ronaldo has simply been substantially more consistent and done it for longer, which is why IMO Ronaldo is the best player in the world right now. Best player of this season? Suarez may have a better argument. But it takes more than an outstanding singular season to be the best player in the world.

sleepyvato50 repped this.
  22. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    A penalty is not an automatic goal. There must be a reason why Suarez is not the designated penalty taker. So I sincerely doubt he would score 100% of penalties.

23. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    Well, the reason he isn't Liverpool's penalty taker is because they have this other guy called Steven Gerrard.

24. RoyalWhites

RoyalWhites Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    but CR would be ask to take over for Gerrard...why can't Suarez?

Gerrard would give it to CR easily but doesn't with Suarez.

25. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    Gerrard has been their penalty taker for a long time, he's good at them and he's the club captain and a club legend. It's not really that hard to figure it out. If Ronaldo were to move to Liverpool, he wouldn't be asked by anyone to take over from Gerrard, because it's Liverpool and it's Steven Gerrard. Did I mention that we are talking about Liverpool and Steven Gerrard?