Afghanistan Football Thread

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by stimory, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Does anyone know who Hamid Sadid plays for?

Also we do have Abasin alikhil to plays 4th tier German football and can play defence and midfield. He has been capped by Afghanistan too and was in the extended squad

2. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    low level of playing but hopefully he can be a force for Afghanistan.

3. Haris Baraz

Haris Baraz Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    There is also Joseph Shirdel in Hamburger Sv (replacement team) in 4th tier Germany.

4. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    I find that Afghanistan have many players playing in the lower leagues of Europe but there are only a few which play at a decent level, Many are young players, so I am hoping that all these trials and camps Afghanistan organise, they have an actual database so they are able to call up the younger players to play for the Afghan youth sides / Olympic sides as development and thats also a way to check how they are tracking.

At the moment Afghansitan are only focussing on strengthening their national side, what about u23, u20, u17. A few of these players should be called up to play in the youth squad

5. dhelvana25

dhelvana25 New Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Another Philippine azkals player to play in bundesliga 1. He will join fellow azkal player stephan shrock who plays for entrancht frunkfrt

Here is what the Nurnberg has to say about him:

"Bundesliga club 1.FC Nürnberg has secured the services of midfielder talent Mike Ott. The 19-year-old comes in the summer from the second division 1860 Munich free transfer to Franconia and gets the club a three-year contract until 30 June 2017. "Mike is one of the most talented players in Germany and has shown in his first senior year of outstanding performance" said sporting director Martin Bader FCN."

http://www.zeit.de/news/2014-04/15/fussball-nuernberg-verpflichtet-loewen-talent-mike-ott-15122004

6. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
    Mike Ott has still not committed to the Philippines so you probably won't see him in the Challenge Cup. Schrock will be there though if he is healthy.

7. dhelvana25

dhelvana25 New Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Hmm yup. He has yet to play for the philippines but I have a feeling that he will don the phil jersey soon. By the way his older brother manny ott is already playing for the philippines right?

8. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
    His brother Manny has played for us, but I am not sure if he will be called up this May. Mike still has the option of playing for Germany which will become a possibility if he continues to excel, so he might want to wait. Still, Germany's talent pipeline is very deep, so we can still hope he will eventually join us.

9. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    lol the team we could of had:
    Faqiryar
    Iqbalzadeh, Sakhizada, Sharityar, Amiri
    Isoufi, Mukhammad, Yaghoubi, Shayesteh
    Arezou, Salem
    Team we'll probably have:
    Hadid, Sharityar, Attaie, Amiri
    Azadzoy, Hatifie, Mashriqi, Shayesteh
    Arezou, Ahmadi
    The top team would probably thrash the bottom team 4-0.

10. Footballnameh

Footballnameh Member

Aug 17, 2013
    I think these would be the top 11 for Afghanistan in the Challenge Cup:
    Faqiryar
    Shariyar, Amiri, Hadid, Dawoodi
    Azadzoy, Rafi Barekzai, Shyestah, Hassan Amin
    Ahmadi, Arezou (or Sadeed if he proves himself)

11. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Does this mean that AFF did not convince Shabir Isoufi, Sharif Mukhamad and Mustagh Yakubi to play for Afghanistan?

I believe AFF should let everyone how they went with the top tier players.
    we all know why Milad Salem and Mustafa Amini are not joining Afghanistan, we need to know about the rest

12. Footballnameh

Footballnameh Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Unfortunately, your assumption is true.

13. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Pretty good starting XI with the current crop that will most likely be part of the team for the challenge cup I think this would be the best XI
    Faqiryar
    Hadid, Sharityar, Sakhizada, Amiri
    Azadzoy, Barekzai, Shayesteh, Mohammadi
    Karimi, Sadid(like you said if he proves himself). I
    Cant stand Ahmadi and Arezou underperforming for the whole year.
    Also was Hassan Amin called up to the squad?

14. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Man it sucks that so many good players arent joining I think Shabir Isoufi and Moshtagh Yaghoubi have potential to play at a very high level.

15. Footballnameh

Footballnameh Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Hamid Karimi is not in the squad, and Maroof Mohammadi may not feature in the final 23. Hassan Amin was in the Qatar camp, but he could not make it to Dubai. He is a very good player and I can assure he will feature in the starting 11.

16. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Sandjar and Belal have been under performing since the SAFF Cup 2013. There needs to be a change in tactics or personnel.

17. Haris Baraz

Haris Baraz Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    What's the real reason why Milad Salem doesen't wany to play for us? Since he's already tied with the Afghani national team I don't believe his excuses!

18. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    He doesnt care about afg :(

19. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Hassan Amin seems like a really good player left with 7 assist this season!

20. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    Great player 7 goals in the 4th tier! While Belal Arezou couldnt score a single in the norwegian 3rd tier or I league :laugh:

21. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    A list of young Afghans playing abroad that would be good additions to the national team or youth teams.

* Mohamed Joseph Shirdel- Hamburger FC II German 4th tire, Left Midfielder, 21 years old
    Stats: 22 matches, 7 goals, 0 assists
    * Mustafa Zazai- FC St. Pauli II German 4th tire, Attacking Mid, 20 years
    Stats: 21 matches, 1 goal, 1 assist
    * Milad Faqiryar- BV Cloppenburg German 4th tire, Left Mid/Back, 21 years old
    Stats: 20 matches, 3 goals, 2 assists
    * Mustafa Hariri- SV Sandhausen reserves- German 2nd tire, Striker, 19 years old
    Stats (for another team in the 5th tire earlier in the season): 7 match 2 goals
    * Arian Assim- USK Uttendorf Austrian 4th division, Right Mid, 17 years old
    Stats- 7 matches, 0 goals, 0 assists
    * Zahib Khan Mohammad- Silkeborg IF Danish Second Tire, midfielder, 20 years old
    Stats- 0 games, 0 goals, 0 assists
    * Iqi Jawadi(Iqbal)- South Melborne FC, Australian Second Tire, midfielder, 21 years old
    Stats(season started)- 6 games, 0 goals, assists ?
    Iqi Jawadi is also responsible for the greatest afghan interview of all time:

22. edrees

edrees Member

Nov 28, 2005
    all these players should atleast get a go in the U23 Afghanistan team..

23. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    agreed should let the next generation gel.

24. Soccerfan010

Soccerfan010 Member

Jan 14, 2013
    If one was interested in playing for the national team (or the U23 team) how would you get the AFF to recognize you? Would you have to contact them or do they contact you?