Youngin's Home & Abroad 2014 Edition- UAV Activated

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by Grimmjow316, Feb 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mavericks67

mavericks67 Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Yes they were up 2-0 and the other team manage to tie it. I would love to see El Salvador Sub 17 or sub 20 in this tournament!

2. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    So they're out of the tournament?

3. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    They still have one more game tomorrow.

4. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    They lost 1-0 and are out of the tournament :/

5. mavericks67

mavericks67 Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    What will the Sub 20 be doing or preparing for around the time of April of 2015? I emailed a Dallas Cup rep and told him to send an invitation to the Sub20, We see what may come from it.

6. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Man, I'd love to see this! (Hopefully I'm there with them Dx)

7. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Man you seriously need to get a job at FC Dallas; it's obvious they value your opinion and your dedication to the club (as well as your dedication to La Selecta)

Heck you could form an alliance between FC Dallas and FESFUT, where Salvadoran youth (in both ES and USA) can train at FC Dallas; it's a win-win tbh ;)

8. mavericks67

mavericks67 Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Dallas cup has nothing to do with FC Dallas with the exception of the field and stadium rentals.

I have tried to sell it to Calvijo brining some Salvadorians into their youth sytem but he says is a long process to get players under 18 into the academies; something about the laws here in the US. As we grow as a group I might just talk to Pareja about it, I would love for the FC Dallas academy to have some young Salvadorian players in their academy. FCD academy has a great program after all!

The Dallas Cup did replied back by the way; he said they send out invitations to the Salvadorian u 20 very often but have not accepted. the most recently was for last years Dallas Cup. Would of been great if El Salvador would have accepted and had those games under their belt before the u20 world cup in Colombia :rolleyes: *sigh*. The Dallas cup rep said "ojala uno de estos años puedan venir." I guess the next move is to contact someone from the federation and tell poke them so they can bring the boys to such a great tournament. Any one know who to contact for this, Ernesto Gochez or Cabeza?

9. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    As it stands at the moment it would have to be Gochez but that fool would fudge it up somehow. It is amazing how after the U20 in which he set up a pretty solid plan, ignoring the Belize friendly cancelation and the two Honduran friendlies which were money grabs, he just can't set things for later dates.

10. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miguel_Palafox

Pala played for Blue Nation. He was said to play with that Alianza club because he played in Alianza's tournament, which is where he was scouted. To bad he was 1 of the only 5 Mexicans we had on our team... (didn't know where to put it, sorry)

11. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Sorry, maybe i'm not reading it right, but is he Mexican or Salvadoran?

12. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Sadly, he's Mexican...we had 5. Him, chavarrin, Jose cruz, Chris santiago, and a GK named Ruben Cruz :/ I made the mistake in thinking Pala was half Salvadoran, but I saw his mom yesterday and she said both her and her husband were Mexican

13. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    There's an article on El Diario that shows a link of Pala saying he's half Salvadoran and that he would want to play with us. The article also says the dude ain't that good. LOL, pass.

14. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    give him time. he JUST got into the professional scene 7-9 months ago. he has the talent to play better (though it is weird, they use him as a defense, but he always played forward or attacking mid.)

15. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    #40 La Trucha, Jul 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
    Just in case has been wondering, when I was looking up info on ES U-20 player Ronald Ventura; not only did I learn that he plays with DC United U17/18, but in his squad I noticed a familiar name: now-18-year-old Christian Rodriguez.

He's been under the radar for a few years now, I remember when he was training with PSG back in '10 when he was 14. Was he ever associated with Dutch club FC Groningen btw?

Good to see that he's still active. I am also curious about Michael Funes (he also played with DC United) and Suglo Dominguez, haven't heard anything about them in a while.......

16. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Funes was in El Salvador for a while but he probably wasn't that good since he could never crack the starting XI of Santa Tecla or Aguila (can't remember which club ATM.) Rodriguez had some life changing experience that made him leave and reevaluate his life I would assume (he is super religious now.)

17. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I was looking up the two Salvadoran Spaniards, Kevin Ayala and Lennin Rosales (they are cousins), trying to see if they are still at UE Sant Andreu, and by the looks of it, they may still be there.

Lennin played for the U-17 team in 2010/11 & 2011/12, and he played for the U-19 team last season 2013/14.

Kevin, who is a year older, played for the U-17 team in 2010/11, and since for the U-19 team in 2012/13 & 2013/14

Kevin and Lennin's birth years are 1995 and 1996 respectively. We should find out whether they want to play for El Salvador or for Spain..

18. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Kedrian Ramos plays for Chivas USA u15/16

Christian Segovia, Marc Calderon, Alex Ramos and Jorge Ruiz all play for LA Galaxy u15/16

Amilcar Lara plays for Annandale Knights u20

19. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Blue_nation724 repped this.
  20. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I would call him up on his hairstyle alone.
    [​IMG]

jbcblue repped this.
  21. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Make of it what you will

Attached Files:

22. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    That's Rubens brother so he will continue to play for the U17 side unless he has been bumped up to U20.

23. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    #48 el_cuscatleco, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
    Heard about that last week - Rene is one of about 4-5 kids that i mentioned awhile back who are looking to move up the ranks in the italian system. I didn't post it as it was a bit of a let down when i heard it. All he has done is moved into another catagory at Pavia, but this is due to his age more than anything else - he is now to old to plat the level he was at previously. Truth is i've spoken to the guy who is helping these kids find clubs over there - he's a Salvadoran who's a certified coach with the Italian FA - and he himself states that it would be a dream come true for these kids to sign in El Salvador. And honestly it's probably the better option. I mean i believe Rene is the youngest he works with but others like Ruben are now around 21 and at that age playing at that level is really not beneficial to their careers.

That said though, he has stated that maybe one of the kids could sign with a Serie B club, but as yet nothing has come from it; maybe we'll hear something on that soon. If not then i'd really be worried about where Ruben could go from here. If he had stayed at Tecla he may have earned himself some more playing time by now; he really needs to consider that and make the choice so as to help his career progress forward both in the long term and short term.

I mean he was part of the World Cup squad in the UNCAF qualifiers, granted he got limited playing time, but he was part of the player pool; i very much doubt that is the case now. Again, was he to have stayed in El Salvador then he would be in with an option for the upcoming CACG, these are the things he is letting slip by by being over there.

Hopefully it all works out for him though. He showed a lot of potential at U17 level - the Jairo/Pineda of that national team - but things just haven't come together for him since then. Same can be said Cristian Bustillo - although his problem are his injuries - and Edwin Ortiz - who last saw limited game time in the first division playing with Dragon a couple of seasons back. Sad to see things didn't work out for these kids! That national team showed a lot of promise but only a few have seemingly made a positive transition into seniors football.

24. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Well this specific kid (not Ruben) is just 16, and I'm glad he's at least gotten a chance. If the others are older, then I feel they should come back to ES

25. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yeah i could live with that. If he was in El Salvador right now though he would eligible for the U17 league and would obviously be in with a chance like anyone else to make the U17 team for the qualifiers later this year. But as he is over there, i doubt they'll be looking at him as an option.

If he can stay on for another year - with Pavia - after this then he'd be moved into the reserves - U19's/Campionato Berretti - where he will be playing against the U18's from Serie A and B as well as the U19's of Serie C and D. Ideally though i'd think the best thing would be for him to find a club - preferably Serie B or higher - who's willing to sign him up as a pro. Worst thing that could happen to him would be to continue at that level and be stuck like his brother is now.