Official 2014 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #4101 hirohiro, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
    I've only seen a few games of NWSL, so I didn't want to say anything negative. However I have to agree with you guys.

When I was watching the last Sky Blue game, I was thinking that those 15-17 year old girls in the U17 final on both sides the Spanish and the Japanese girls had more understanding of football than these (professional) players. Not only they have poor understanding of the game, but the lack of basic skills on the show is incredible. Yet, they try audacious flicks and back heals etc which is almost cringeworthy.

I'm sure USWNT will still be the powerhouse in the women's game because of the sheer number of perticipants in this sport and the set up for the national team (club?). However, when the Japanese players look to play abroad, it's got to be Europe now. Unless their domestic league somehow changes the direction in the future, but I doubt it.

That reminded me of something I was wondering the other day. As you know, JFA provide support to certain players in selected leagues abroad. I didn't see Kawasumi and Kiryu's names in the list. But then I thought that's maybe because they are on loan? Probably... But I think JFA should encourage players to go Europe rather than NWSL and take the league out of the list as I'm not sure if playing there really help develop players to be honest.

Sorry NWSL fans... I hope I was unlucky to have watched three bad games, but something tells me thta's not the case.

blissett, dakota701, KAPIJXM and 2 others repped this.
  2. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well, certain Kawasumi once said (probably she got that from somewhere/someone else) - "You only have the ball three minutes at most in a game". Meaning the work you do off the ball is so important in football. You can't do that without understanding the game, tactics, and understanding the tactics as a team.

#5nadeshikofan, blissett and dakota701 repped this.
  3. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I am now in a new forum about female football (in spanish, created by protagonistas del juego guy) and most of the people like NWSL a lot and is their favourite league. They really get disappointed if they read what you said above about it (well, I think like you too ;))

4. dakota701

dakota701 Member

Nov 22, 2012
    Out of curiosity, do you think a lot of members of that forum are from North America? What do they like about the NWSL? The style of play; the tactics; the players themselves?

5. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Many of them are Spanish, like me, I guess they like the players themselves (and there are some spanish players there) But I would have to ask to know it better.

dakota701 repped this.
  6. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    blissett, your post is an unpleasant surprise
    I said nothing about the Nadeshiko League, nor about corruption, nor about conspiracies; but you sure did.
    blissett, you are writing saintly judgements about football, and you dont even know the basic off-side rule???

7. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    #4107 mumf, Apr 20, 2014
    Your photo is the same as mine as far as the key players are concerned, and it seems to be not less than 1 meter off-side - look at Takase's head. I dont see it as a relatively difficult call, for these reasons: few players in the umpire's half; and very little movement by these players - whereas often you have DFs moving to form the line, or FWs running back from off-side, in this case the DF line was almost static and only Takase was really moving.
    Correct of course, but you mis-read blissett's reading of the FIFA laws which simply replaces "ANY" with "ALL" (parts of the body) being past the last DF to require an offside call.

8. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Well Gromit dont forget the wisdom you wrote on the same forum page:
    "How could we reproach a referee not being able to analyze the action like us without the same tools at his disposal ???"
    Especially when you havent even seen the highlights.

9. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    I took a look at a replay of Sky Blues game yesterday and yes the quality seemed unbearably poor compared to the other leagues, and Kiryu must be wondering if all this was a good idea. The USA coaching system is obsessed with speed and fitness, and this seems to be the result, at least in April. The only things you could say about the NWSL is that it probably matches or even beats the Bundesliga for international content, and that its very competitive due to the draft system. Last year the top few teams had almost nothing between them.
    By the way, speaking of NWSL, just in from Twitter is this shot of Leroux teaching guess-who to dance.
    [​IMG]

frideswide and blissett repped this.
  10. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Let me do an hypothesis (in addition to KAPI's opinion), if I look at what is happening in the same way in Women's Football French fans who are also fans of US WF, and from there, in the world...

1) Most of those fans are relatively recent Women's Football fans...

2) What they are interested before everything is "Winners", or maybe even more "The image of winners". USA are FIFA #1 and Olympic Champions, some of their players are over-mediatized (Solo, Wambach, Morgan, Rapinoe), so they love them as they love the last trendy film-stars.

Those fans are what we call in French, "Footix". Their kind was born with France's 1998 WC title (Footix was the name of the official mascot of the WC), when suddenly the whole nation "fell in love with football" without knowing anything about it. It was just very trendy...
    The same phenomenon happens all the time around with the winning clubs. In France, Lyon's 7 titles in a row (men) and 8 (with the one in progress, women + 2 European ones) gave birth to many Footix. Their first noticeable action was to let their men down when those ones stopped being Champions (5 or 6 years ago) and turned to the girls, because they were the new winners. I am certain that the same thing happen a bit of everywhere, and maybe that is the case in Spain with Barça too (who is winning its 3rd women's title in a row). Men's Barça and Spanish NT gave of course birth to many footix all around the world because of their repeated wins. Same for Real Madrid today.

So, those Footix, French or not, are doing the same with the NTs. Of course, they support their own NT before everything (easier if the Footix is German or French or Japanese), but they are also fascinated by, as I said, the "winners" and particularly the flashy ones. And who is more (artificially) "flashy" than the USNT with its players posing for bikinis (real or faked) ? Everything there is conceived and seen as a permanent show. The team is sold as the American Way (model of Democracy and Freedom in the world, I suppose you know it ;)) is sold to the world, through Cinema for instance...

Then, who remembers (or even knows ?) that the World Champions are the Nadeshiko and not the USNT ? That USA hasn't been world champions for 16 years ? :unsure:

The idea, the Footix's basic belief, is that US players are the best since they are told so, so they must be the ones (and their championship too) who must be loved...

There is even worst : all those "fans" are certain that USA is the natural country of Women's Football. That is not only the country which has the most registered girls playing football (quite normal, seeing the number of inhabitants), but that Women's Football was actually born in USA (as Soccer), that it is its birth-place, as Baseball or American Football are, totally ignoring that WF is more than 100 years old, born in Europe (England, then France at first) then spreading everywhere, a long, long time before the young US girls began to discover this sports...

[​IMG]

dakota701, blissett and Lechus7 repped this.
  11. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    In case you didnt notice the Urawa (Ladies only!) banners, here is the news from Full Bloom (who attended the game)
    Banners are again allowed at Urawa Red Diamonds Ladies' games..... [​IMG]

blissett repped this.
  12. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Because I believe my neutral friend (an Arsenal's supporter) who was in the stadium and was extremely precise in his report, and who is following Women's Football everywhere in the world (I mean, in the stadiums, not in front of his computer) for more than 15 years. If he said it, I believe it. You have the right not to do it.

13. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    #4113 mumf, Apr 20, 2014
    No I dont believe you Gromit because, first of all your friend in the stands would be 10 times further from the ball than the referee, and has no replay video etc. Second, your story about "two imaginary divings" in this "extremely precise report" is rubbished by BBC's account HERE.

Edit:
    - no video highlights that I can see, but Lt_Golub seems to have also attended the game:
    LtGolub5 - Chelsea vs Liverpool (FAWSL) - Ji So Yun sent off!!!!
    [​IMG]
    He doesnt give his opinion, but I will ask.

14. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Oh my... You don't believe me... How can I survive ? I just trust more shlj than BBC's reporter. By the way, wasn't this one 10 times further from the ball than the referee too ? :unsure:

And I thought you put me on your ban list ;) I suppose it was too itchy for you, wasn't it ? A good exchange with good old Gromit is always better than answering to Blissett's list of reproach, isn't it ? ;)
    Forget me, as I forgot you and will forget you again, now and forever.
    I just don't feel like to exchange with you on anything. Because I just don't like you, which is my complete right. I talk to people I respect and who respect me. That is not your case, in both ways. Adieu !

15. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    As unpleasant discussions are continuing, I want to say about a few points.

To mumf;
    You may have not said something about "corruption", "conspiracy" or "favoritism", but you have always implied them whenever refs called dubious ones against Belle.
    Although you insist an acuracy of words usage as if you were a lawyer, implination could be enough in some cases.

Then I will say about those factors in Japan.
    "corruption" or "conspiracy" - no way, absolutely not. Japanese people can't bear such a shame.
    "favoritism" - if you mean all refs hate Belle and love Inac as a club for some reason, that's also nonsense, but some refs can have some tendency to prefer more obedient players regardless of what club they belong.
    Because refs' decisions in football can not be 100% accurate, likes and dislikes can affect some refs decisions in some cases.

About yesterday's decision;
    If I had been the linesman, I would have raised the flag with some uncertainty by watching Takase's position when she received the ball. Because I'm a poor ref, I would have guessed Takase must have been in the position of off-side when Masuya kicked the ball.
    I think because the lineswoman yesterday was better than me, she tried to watch the ball and Takase at the same time.
    She certainly made a mistake, but it can happen even with a good will.
    So players must not stop playing until they hear a whistle.
    If you can't bear this kind of inevitable unfairness, you should stop watching soccer.

blissett repped this.
  16. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    #4116 mumf, Apr 20, 2014
    Nor can almost all of the western world. While you and blisett are waving these words around, you should reflect on what I wrote - here is the full paragraph, one of several paragraphs about this magnificent game:
    Well by now you can imagine that my happiness is diluted a bit, because as UnePomme says INAC were mostly played off the pitch, and not for the first time v Belle, benefitted from the mistakes of the officials. I dont seem to have permission to share this game, and I will ask my source why, but it was scintillating open play. The goal by Arimachi was utterly brilliant, but dont take my biased word, wait until you see it.
    And that was all. So what's wrong with that?
    Based up what I posted, what makes you think I cannot bear it? Did it stop me from writing 1-2 very long posts about the rest of the game?

Now instead, why dont you address blissett - should he make long-winded judgemental posts like that, based upon the offside rule which he totally misunderstands? And should you be repping such posts?

17. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Two unreliable u17 Urawa reports from the Twitter sources:
    "I hear that three of the Urawa Reds U17 World Cup winners (Matsumoto, Endo and Nagano) have been allocated first team squad numbers."
    "I just passed U-17 World Cup winning goalkeeper Matsumoto Mamiko taking in the rubbish bins. Back to reality for the junior players."

blissett repped this.
  18. #8nadeshikofan

Oct 7, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    mumf may be very opinionated and egoistic at times, but let's not forget his contribution to this forum. This forum is for information, discussion, and in some ways promote women soccer, not a fighting ground

unepomme repped this.
  19. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    umm...

Interesting article in yesterday's Guardian newspaper about Yuki's teammate at Chelsea, Eniola ('Eni') Aluko. She is the older sister of Sone Aluko who plays in the Premier League for Hull City. It may be the case that both brother and sister will participate in the upcoming World Cups (Sone for Nigeria, Eniola for England). Don't know if that has ever happened before. Anyway, sounds like she will be an interesting person for Yuki to play with:

http://www.theguardian.com/football...hull-nigeria-chelsea-england-fa-cup-world-cup
    -

Gromit06 and blissett repped this.
  20. frideswide

frideswide Member+

Kumamoto Renaissance FC
    Feb 27, 2014
    København
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    nice pic of Bev and Naho together for Easter Sunday..

[​IMG]

Gromit06, blissett and unepomme repped this.
  21. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    What Naho could have found in her Easter egg? :p

Same leggings as the picture of the dance with Leroux... Probably same day?

22. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    Gromit, please stop trying to provoke mumf and incite conflict. If you really don't feel like exchanging with mumf, why write a condescending post first?

Mumf, please stop deriding the officials; offside is easy to see in a still picture where you can just compare the position of the players, but it's very difficult to see in a game since the question usually is: "Was the ball kicked before or after the attacker passed the defender?"

Blissett, please stop putting words into mumf's mouth. If you have a problem with his overall bias, I'm sure you can show this while referring to things he actually said, as opposed to things that you feel he has implied.

Unepomme, match-fixing has happened in Japan before, and Japan also doesn't have the best corruption index. I'm not saying that the Nadeshiko League is likely corrupted, but dismissing that idea solely because it's a Japanese league doesn't make much sense to me.

With that out of the way...

Not sure if it has been posted before, but I recently stumbled across this U-17 video from ~2 years ago. Two nice free kicks in there.

23. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    mumf repped this.
  24. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #4124 blissett, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
    Wow, Miki Hirata can do that? :eek: Has she had any playing time in INAC this season?

If the date of the video of august 15th 2011 is right, it's almost 3 years ago, and i don't remember it was ever posted. I admit that I still haven't seen the whole video and I just jumped to the goals. Is it normal that I get no audio?

Is it possible that in this match ponytailed #14 was Ayu Nakada? In 2011 she was probably still eligible for U-17...

25. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    This team is U16 made for the next year U17 WWC.
    #14 is Narumiya Yui, and I think the other pony tailed one is Toriumi Yuka.

JPN: 1-Nene Inoue; 4-Yuri Nagamachi (15-Miho Manya, 63), 5-Shiori Miyake, 13-Mayo Dokou, 22-Arisa Matsubara (2-Risa Shimizu, 46); 9-Rin Sumida, 14-Yui Narumiya (capt.), 17-Miki Hirata, 20-Ayaka Inoue (18-Yuka Momiki, 46), 11-Yuka Toriumi (10-Ayaka Noguchi, 46), 19-Rika Masuya (23-Miwa Sasaki, 46)
    Subs not used: 3-Akari Shiraki, 6-Mizuki Nakamura, 7-Ruka Norimatsu, 8-Miki Irie, 12-Chika Hirao, 16-Miki Ito, 21-Miyu Someya
    Head Coach: Hiroshi Yoshida

blissett repped this.