PBP: EPL - Everton vs Manchester United - April 20, 2104 [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Apr 17, 2014.

1. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Saving money at the minute so I am staying in this Easter Sunday, and decided to watch MotD. Literally not a single word of criticism for Rooney in any way, shape or form, players like Nani also have "no excuse because Moyes is clearly giving everyone their fair shot to prove themselves"... oh, and the goals were Kagawa/Nanis fault (with a tiny mention "ok, bad defendin from Jones, but... [excuse]" because they werent getting deep back into our own half. Which they then use to say that Valencia should be starting ahead of them both. In fact the only real mention otherwise they made of Moyes was to praise him buying Seamus Coleman for sixty grand.

It is amazing how clueless some people who played the f***in game are at times, like for example how I saw on the BBC update page that Kevin Kilbane at half time tweeted how Everton were controlling possession but we were looking dangerous on the counter. I mean... really!?!?

jeff070 and benni... repped this.
  2. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Welcome to the real world billy :)

3. exref

exref Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #203 exref, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
    The denouement.

It is impossible for Moyes to be retained.
    Rooney was bad, yes, but Kagawa was worse. How many times did we see Kagawa running, waving his hands in frustration, behind Coleman/whoever. He cannot cut it in the premier league. Most of the team was bad. However, the worst part was when the commentator quoted Baines' remark that now, under Martinez, Everton are concentrating on their own play, rather than adjusting their play to the tactics of the other side. (what a fcking revelation in football).

4. lynne

lynne Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    #204 lynne, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
    Nothing new to see here...especially in a WC year. Remember the good old days when it was Ronaldo's fault that Rooney stomped on Carvalho? (sp?)

The Guardian says that Welbeck wants to leave Utd to get more playing time in the correct position. There could be a few players in similar positions in the next few months....

barroldinho repped this.
  5. exref

exref Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And, I became certain in the second half that Mata was on the take. Seriously, how many times had he been offside at Chelsea? His touch now disappears; his passes become telegraphed and ineffectual . . . .

Come on, World Cup.

6. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    No one who is any bit technical would want to play in a team managed by Rooney and Moyes.

johno and The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  7. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    nothing that needs to be said as it has all been covered.

well, except a wonderful captain's display from the talisman yet again. i've maintained he has not affected a big game for a long time but he isn't affecting the small ones either so where are we really going with this? anyway...

interviews:

Moyes:
    http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/9275759/moyes:-'we-played-well'

Martínez:
    http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/9275717/martinez-praises-everton's-display

Coleman:
    http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/9275872/coleman-inspires-everton-win

8. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Thoughts I had while watching the game:

Is it surprising we looked like crap going forward, and had no outlet when Rooney was playing as the last man? Where are you @Diable Rouge ?

Rooney useless on and off the ball. Just so you wouldn't call me biased, Nani had a really bad game.

What I do not understand you have Nani, and you instruct him to come inside so a CB lookalike RB overlaps to dump the ball in. That is absolutely stupid.

Carrick's passing is crap and I doubt any will debate that.

Fletcher was a real bright spot in the middle and played better than his partner surprisingly.

Again, Jones has no tactical positioning and we witnessed that by keeping Mirallas onside.

Chicha looked really bright and better than Rooney.

Valencia should have been subbed for Jones. Place Smalling at CB, and Valencia at RB.

We have no identity as a football team.

We got passed around by a team who have new manager like ours, and most of their team is similar to ours meaning that not much transfer activity on both ends.

Yes, Barkley is a better talent than Rooney, as Rooney didn't develop his talent.

I won't mention Kagawa and Mata, can't blame them too much.

If Moyes is staying, Nani, Kagawa, Mata, Januzaj, Welbeck, Chicha, De Gea, Rafa, Evans please leave the team for your own good.

9. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Take away the "we gave away two poor goals", it sounds like we won like 3-0. Lol.

10. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
  11. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
  12. exref

exref Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Buttner was the player that kept Mirallas onside. Second time he's done that this season (and, he ran back to take up that position!) OY

13. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Yes he kept him on. The gap for the ball to go through is unacceptable, add to that no leadership at the back, add to that Evans comes back after I do not know how many weeks out.

14. exref

exref Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's about time for that "no leadership" tag to be hanged squarely on DDG. He is the defensive player with the most stability on the defensive line. Time for DDG to step up and orchestrate.

15. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    What?

16. exref

exref Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's the goalkeeper: he should be organizing the back line. I think DDG is a great goalie, but he does not communicate well enough with his defense.

17. djcandle19

djcandle19 Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Nation's Capitol
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are we really having a go at De Gea? He's the only bit of class that's fielded week in and week out.
    He could let in 6 goals a piece for the remainder of the season, and still be pure class. This is nonsense.

18. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    i can agree with that to an extent but at the same time i don't think it is in de Gea's personality. by all accounts from the players he is a naturally shy guy. then again as a paid pro he would or should need to do that. i have no problem with DdG though, saved us from getting beat as badly as we should on a few occasions

19. dipluso

dipluso Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    CT
    hallelujah.
    If rumors are true seems like yesterday's embarrassment might have -finally- served a purpose.
    Hopefully it will be a package deal - Moyes & Rooney...

20. exref

exref Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm just saying, deGea has been the one constant in a defense that has changed every single match. One of the skills he most needs to improve is communication with his defense. It would have helped a great deal during this rocky season, if he could have stepped it up in that regard.

21. Holy__Joe

Holy__Joe Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I think you're right and also the constantly changing defence in front of him only makes it worse. When it's stable you form a little club like a group of friends and yell at each other and know it's just business, having the players always changing is like having a kid changing schools.

Vds nearly always had one of rio and vidic in front and most often both.

22. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    that and both were already vocal and could direct others. Jones and Smalling don't have that which is why i want 2 new CBs to go with Evans as i trust neither at CB currently