Argentine Primera TV Schedule

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by InterFan76, Feb 28, 2014.

1. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GolTV says they will show Boca Juniors-River Plate at 5:15 P.M. on Sunday March 30.

2. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Did you guys know you can watch matches on YouTube? I've watched Racing Club's last 2 matches when I was away from home. Plus it's almost HD quality compared to DirecTv's TyC Sports. Futbol Para Todos is the channel that uploads the matches. I can't find a match from today to link to so I guess they only stream live matches. Anyone else watch matches this way?

3. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    BocaFan repped this.
  4. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Thanks, this might be useful. I didn't know. I'll check it out this weekend.

6. matty311

matty311 Member

Jul 2, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Anyone heard or read anything on status of Boca and River tv rights over here??

7. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No I was wondering the same thing. Strange that their 2 biggest clubs are not shown over here. Like I said before you can watch every match on Futbol Para Todos youtube page for free. http://m.youtube.com/user/webfutbolparatodos

8. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So it looks like Boca is on TyC tonight (away at Godoy Cruz) but River is not. They are playing Racing-Velez delayed instead of the River game (home v. Belgrano). Racing-velez wasn't shown live because they played the Rosario clásico live.) So it's unclear what the rights situation is given that River is top of the table so you'd assume that would be the top choice game.

9. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    Tim Vickery often notes on World Football Phone-In that in South America clubs can build a mote big enough to keep fans off the pitch, but somehow dogs can always find ways to navigate such obstacles:

Sorry, I have tried to paste this a link so spoilers aren't shown but the code keeps switching back to Media whether I use URL in brackets or unlink the URL.

10. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What happened to TyC Sports no Argentine matches are scheduled to be shown this weekend? There def. are games.

11. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Correction the DirecTV app had no games on the TyC schedule. Just put on TyC and they are showing the Racing match.

12. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Thinking of switching from TWC to Verizon (but only if they let me sign a 1-year contract, since normally Verizon requires minimum 2 years which is nuts!).

Does TyC still show pretty much all the top flight matches in the Primera? @InterFan76

13. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #14 InterFan76, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
    Yes for some reason this season no River matches and they only showed Boca Jrs. twice. Also they show some Copa Argentina and some Primera B Metrpolitana matches. They also have highlight shows from Uruguay,Paraguay,Chile and Colombia. Not in HD on DirecTV which is a bummer but just glad I can watch Argentine league. Does Verizon have TyC? Is it in HD?

14. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Thanks.
    They have it but not in HD. It's part of their "FIOS TV Mundo Total" package. Or if you have another package, you can get the Spanish-language channels option added which includes TyC, BeIN espanol, GolTV, etc.

Unfortunately Verizon does not have the overflow channels that show EPL which makes the choice difficult. I think I'll still go for Verizon though since I can always watch any EPL game at a bar if NBCSN isn't showing the match I want to see.

15. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    k, got my Verizon installed and can now watch TyC through my cable. What's concerning is that on the guide there is no mention of them showing football matches this upcoming weekend. They just have "Boxing" listed on Friday, Saturday nights and even during the big (football) matches on Sunday afternoon.

16. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Usually for some reason they update their schedule on Friday or Saturday for the Weekends matches. Don't worry they will be there. I want to know how you like the channel.

17. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    So far so good! I enjoyed their pre-match coverage of the River x Boca match last night. Seeing the fans file into the stadium, getting pumped-up for the match.... I love watching that kinda shit! And extensive highlights from the Copa Argentino final the night before was nice.

Interested to see how they handle things on Sunday since the crucial Central x Racing match overlaps the equally-crucial River x Banfield match.

InterFan76 repped this.
  18. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They
    They will probably show the Racing match since no River was shown this season on TyC.

19. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Just put onTyC to see the celebrations of Racing winning the title. The directv guide had no matches scheduled for today. So I figured they weren't showing the last day of the season which I though was strange. These channels need to update their schedules correctly.

20. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Thanks for spoiling the result!

(Just kidding) :p

21. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sorry If I did. I didn't realize when I was writing the post.

22. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I personally don't care. I was just joking my friend.

23. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah pretty disappointing that they didn't show such a big match!

24. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    I have found TyC to be pretty poor when it comes to sending out on-screen TV guide info. The listings are often wrong. I try to use the on-line TyC international guide and time adjust for manual recording if there is something I want to see. I don't blame DTV for this since many of the Spanish language channels have accurate listings. As I posted in another thread, the Central American channels are also a mess. But Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Chile, the Mexican league. All of these are listed correctly.

Redbullsnation2012 and InterFan76 repped this.