Transfers & Rumors Discussion Thread Vol. XIX

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by P to the Wee, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If we buy Laporte for 36m, we are going to have to pay 3x that amount for any proven player we will want afterwards excluding cases of breaking exit clause.

2. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    3 x 36mio = 108mio

Your point is valid though. We will have to pay for quality.

Playing at the level Laporte is at 19 years old in one of Europe's top leagues is extremely impressive. It shouldn't be understated how rare that is.

Still, I'd be happy with Benatia too.

Either way I'll be satisfied.

Dhajj repped this.
  3. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Welcome to life at the very top.

Fernando_Bayern_BR and Matakos repped this.
  4. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Benatia/laporte/koke any 2 of 3 this summer and alresdy we knocked it out of the park.

Add a free lewandowski and were looking at A++ transfer window

The Bavarian Oak repped this.
  5. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It will either be Benatia or Laporte, not both.

But you're right - Lewandowski, Benatia/Laporte, Koke, and Rode in one transfer window would be fvcking amazing.

Then next summer Reus or Draxler.

Fernando_Bayern_BR and Dhajj repped this.
  6. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We've been here for a while, and we have been doing it pretty well for the past 4 years.

Lahmfan repped this.
  7. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not quite at this top. Now Bayern is the best going after more than just local talent. You will face same pressures the Madrid, Barca's and United's have done from here on out. Either way Bayern is in good hands. No need to worry.

Matakos and Dhajj repped this.
  8. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Before we were limited to only buying domestic players, now we have the power to attract every player in the world. As long as we don't pull a Moyes, we'll be up here for a while. Hopefully long enough to develop a decent bandwagon fan base, as much as I hate them.

9. humin12

humin12 Member+

Sep 20, 2008
    Ferguson, Missouri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can we go after messi pls

10. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    As for buying a CB, I absolutely do not like the idea of 'we don't want to make the road for Badstuber more difficult' thing. Accept the challenge and if he can never beat out that player, then so be it. Play the best players, bench the lesser ones.

Also, I'm worried about Javi's future with the team. I wonder if there will be a role for him later. As a CB sure, but if we buy a new one and plan with that player+Boateng in the future, I don't see where we can play Javi.

11. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Maybe Javi too can try to beat out his competition in whatever position like you suggested for Badstuber

Matakos and humin12 repped this.
  12. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well yeah, best player plays, I just don't know if he's the best option there and he's no longer utilized in the midfield either, which doesn't leave him with much choices. I could see him leaving in the summer of 2015 unfortunately.

13. humin12

humin12 Member+

Sep 20, 2008
    Ferguson, Missouri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a dangerous mentality. If we keep buying big name, starting quality talent we run the risk of really messing up the squad chemistry and becoming the next galacticos. I do agree with regards to Badstuber, it's completely delusional for anyone to think this guy can come back and challenge for a starting spot when he wasn't a sure fire world class talent to begin with.
    Our best step forward is to buy younger talents who have world class potential and yet are content with sitting behind the starters for a year or so. And i would also rather we acclimate Hojbnerg more and more to the first team than buy Koke in the case that Kroos peaves

14. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree with the first part, except with the way Dante looks like he's getting worse and worse over the season and I would like some insurance if he takes an even bigger step down by next season.

Re: Koke, if Mandzu and Shaq leave, there's going to be playing time opening up again and we could use a guy like Koke. I'd think Höjberg would probably be best with a loan next season and then once 2015/16 comes around, slowly start eating at Schweinsteiger's minutes.

15. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    sigh .. So he will take Schweinsteiger's place from the bench. Koke, Kroos, Goetze, Muller, Schweinsteiger. You're really delusional if you think a talented player is going to be happy playing Freiburg while everyone else plays the Champions League the same week. I don't see the former 4 of that list getting old by the time he comes back from his loan spell.

At least if you're going to go for Koke coming in, don't post asinine shit such as Hojberg "getting play time". Say he doesn't really have a place to play with Bayern anymore instead of creating a fairytale storyline. This is of course assuming he lives up to the big hype that has been spreading, which may never materialize. But it sure as hell won't if we make the most stacked midfield of the past decade even more crowded. Pick one side or the other, don't go with option 3 which is total bullshit.

Zullu repped this.
  16. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It depends who Bayern go for and for the most part, Bayern has gotten a lot of the players they have went after the past few years. Local talent the past few years has also been better talent than abroad. The least I am worried at the moment is players coming in since it's rather tweaks at this point in time.

I'm not worried, we're the best club in the world.

17. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You sound angry. Take a deep breath and relax.

humin12 and The Bavarian Oak repped this.
  18. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With all the injuries we havnt been able to setup a firm starting 11.

Fernando_Bayern_BR and humin12 repped this.
  19. humin12

humin12 Member+

Sep 20, 2008
    Ferguson, Missouri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, we don't even know what Pep has in mind when it comes to which players he values the most as starters.

20. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly its an accomplishment in what this team has done without a firm starting 11 but it remains to be seen what exactly Peps future plans are

humin12 repped this.
  21. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  22. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  23. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just rewatched the Real-Bayern semifinal from CL12. The team dynamic was so much different once Babstuber, Gomez, and Gustavo were replaced in the lineup. Babstuber/Boateng were particularly slow. I don't look forward to that pairing.

24. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's usually a good counter argument when you don't have a proper response.

Boandlkramer repped this.
  25. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Your replies have been so predictable lately it's not even worth making the counter argument