Transfers & Rumors Discussion Thread Vol. XIX

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by P to the Wee, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nermin Kolašinac

Jun 5, 2013
    Lahmfan's crib
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Benatia unproven? More like the 19 year old guy who is unproven.. :unsure:

Thisistrue repped this.
  2. Thisistrue

Thisistrue Member

Dec 10, 2013
    London,UK
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Laporte is not fast,Bentia is super fast and would work much better in our system.Benatia is the only defender we have been linked with who could really help us.Young defenders need experience and unless we are willing to wait for Laporte to become world class in 2020 Benatia would be the best option as he can help us right now.

Nermin Kolašinac repped this.
  3. Thisistrue

Thisistrue Member

Dec 10, 2013
    London,UK
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You have got a point with the quick agile midfielders and I have thought the same.For that reason I hope we get Miralem Pjanic from Roma who is just that,a dribbling CM like Thiago/Gundogan and also very fast.Pjanic is young and as his contract runs out in 2015 we could get him cheap or for free like Lewa.With Pjanic we would have essentially 2 Thiagos in our squad.For that reason I dont understand why you are so keen on Kroos,because I have been thinking that since Kroos is super slow in everything and has zero dribbling skills he doesn't quite fit in our system.For that reason if Kroos is leaving us someone like Pjanic would be an easy upgrade simply due to tactical reasons.

4. Nermin Kolašinac

Jun 5, 2013
    Lahmfan's crib
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Roma are #2.
    12 points ahead of Napoli...

5. Thisistrue

Thisistrue Member

Dec 10, 2013
    London,UK
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Actually its better to watch videos of a player and his performance vs a certain team say e.g. Benatia vs Chelsea.And yes watching those mixed season highlights are pretty pointless in lot of cases ,as you dont see the right context and e.g. how many goals a CB has scored is useless aspect for a scout wanting to judge the player.

6. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Mehdi Benatia:

7. Nermin Kolašinac

Jun 5, 2013
    Lahmfan's crib
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I have watched him a lot this season.
    Why? First of all because watching Roma is fun since they are playing attractive football and also because Pjanic is playing there. Benatia is better than both of our starting CB's. I would welcome him with open arms.

8. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    His grace on the pitch reminds me of Dante last year.

If bayern want either cb, I would be ok with either decision..

Plus give me koke ;)

9. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't know who's the best option for Bayern München this summer, I've seen too little of both players to be the judge of that. However many CB's have looked much better in Italy than everywhere else. Barzagli and Kjaer for examples have been complete flops in the Bundesliga while they are / were regarded as some of the very best CB's in the Serie A.

albert_mk87 and Fernando_Bayern_BR repped this.
  10. Nermin Kolašinac

Jun 5, 2013
    Lahmfan's crib
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Kjær is probably the worst cb the german league ever had

11. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am not so keen on him as much as I understand there needs to be a balance of midfielders, simply for no other reason than the game may demand it at times. Having all agile attack oriented midfielders is great for the system of play, but it the system needs tweeking and an enforcer or long-range distributor are needed, you cannot expect these players on the pitch to magically transform. Few can in this day and age... it used to be a trademark of Bayern past... the versatile player who could play three different roles and switch on a dime.

12. Fernando_Bayern_BR

May 5, 2010
    Belo Horizonte - Bra
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Seriously Ribéry, F@ck you ...

13. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He always takes ages after injuries.

14. Fernando_Bayern_BR

May 5, 2010
    Belo Horizonte - Bra
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just realized I posted in the wrong thread... :D

Matakos, Dhajj and Bazi repped this.
  15. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice job PW...

Rode I am confident in making the transformation
    DVB has enjoyed the ride and I wish him the best in WC14 with Belgium.
    Badstuber = an even slower CB than we have now, DVB left footed, however deserves his shot
    Mandzu goes nowhere, unfortunately Piza does... this guy is the consummate professional
    Alaba replacement is not Contento, we have known this for years... to bad Bayern never jumped on Leighton Baines when the rumors were swirling about our interest in him... could have moved Alaba to midfield (anywhere)

16. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    dude, Baines simply didn't want to leave England (homesick) as Bayern approached him years ago. So I really don't know why this name gets brought up again, first he is not good enough to challenge Alaba anyway and 2nd he certainly won't sit on the bench behind him

Matakos, Equilibrium and Bazi repped this.
  17. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was looking into the past, retrospect. My point being he was a good player then when we were trying to lure him, but now he is fantastic.

No harm done, DI. Unbunch your knickers, mate.

18. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Done :devilish:

19. The Bavarian Oak

Apr 27, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This is true, although I'd say Benatia has looked better than either one of the other two ever did.

Also Wolfsburg's coaches included Magath, Veh, McClaren, Littbarski, and Magath again in that 4-5 year period. It's hard to play well under that kind of coaching carousel.

20. Matakos

Matakos Member+

May 18, 2009
    Macedonia, Greece
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Aymeric Laporte was excellent once again today vs Barcelona. He looks like the real deal

Dhajj and The Bavarian Oak repped this.
  21. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Him and koke this summer..

No way pep doesn't get 1-2 players of his choice this summer

22. humin12

humin12 Member+

Sep 20, 2008
    Ferguson, Missouri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a little simplistic to say that since Barzagli and Kjaer failed miserably in the Bundesliga Benatia would not be a good option for Bayern just like it would be simplistic to say that a defender from Serie A is automatically a proven quantity for any club in the world. The Serie A has a had a reputation for producing class defenders, probably as a result of several things such as the deeper back lines, the importance placed on technical ability in the Italian game, etc.
    What we need is a defender who is good with the ball and has quite a bit of pace. And considering Pep's preferences, a defender who has high football IQ. I guess what I'm saying is that we need the perfect defender LMAO. I honestly can't think of many great Center Back prospects out there.
    I tend to think that the Center Back position is the most coachable position in the game and that many times, as long the player has a base level of raw talent, the biggest determinant in the player's quality will be the training that he has received.
    Roma plays a very counter attack based game, and they sit their line pretty deep, and Benatia is already old so I don't know how good of a transfer that would be for us. But then again, Dante fit that very profile before we bought him. Still, I hope we get a mercurial talent at the position. While Linke, Dante, Boateng, Lucio, Anderson, etc have been quality defenders, I haven't seen a truly dominant CB at Bayern.

23. Bayern4Life

Bayern4Life Member+

Aug 22, 2004
    I'm starting to think we need to act fast on Laporte before the Chelsea's, Man City's, Read Madrid's and Barcelona's of the world start increasing their interest, similar to the Götze situation. From what I've seen of him, he looks worthy of activating the supposed 36M Euro buyout clause, regardless of his youth.

Dhajj repped this.
  24. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't think barca can do much for a while

25. Nermin Kolašinac

Jun 5, 2013
    Lahmfan's crib