The MISL Wants the Sam to pay a fine before he is released from USL contract

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by cardshopmd, Mar 29, 2014.

1. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is the message I just got from SAM
    Louie ,
    Did you listen. USL won't release us. We can't use MISL contracts. They want to sue me for slander and won't release contract until I agree to pay some crazy slander fine. Truth is Not slander. ss

The radio so is not in the archives yet As soon as it is ill post it

2. dcunitedTV

dcunitedTV Member

Sep 30, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. FifaMan328

FifaMan328 Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Let them out of their contract? Aren't they done with the USL already?

5. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The USL is holding on to a legal release , I think this is for the bonds ,Insurance, to get in to the PASL

6. FifaMan328

FifaMan328 Member

Dec 5, 2008
    okay I'm no lawyer but doesn't the 3 year contract expire rather soon? April? What kind of clout does the USL have left?

Personally, I don't think Sam said anything out of line

Tampa has done squat for indoor soccer and I've said that for years. They are acting like childish a**holes if you ask me

Deal with it and get over the fact you FAILED at indoor... It's not like they are the first ones :D

DallasHammster repped this.
  7. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this what's keeping him from making the biggest signing in the history of indoor soccer?

8. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to what Josh Rife said on the Soccer Sam show two days ago, yes it is.

9. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then I look forward to seeing this signing when the time is right.

10. NickWISoccer

NickWISoccer Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    how much is the fine they are demanding? and isnt slander something that requires meeting a certain standard before it is consider slander?

11. DallasHammster

Jun 18, 2007
    DALLAS!!!
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, since it happened on the radio (media), it would be legally considered "libel" (Sam's point of order, not mine). But the test is the same - untrue statements that could be damaging to the reputation of the offended party. Firstly, Sam says everything he said was the truth. Secondly, potentially wrecking indoor would actually boost the USL's reputation among outdoor snobs. Just sayin'.

12. NickWISoccer

NickWISoccer Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    how can you commit libel against something that is folding?

13. DallasHammster

Jun 18, 2007
    DALLAS!!!
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The USL isn't folding.

14. NickWISoccer

NickWISoccer Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Well the misl, the league that they were running IS folding. so i guess in this case it would be libel against the parent organization.

15. DallasHammster

Jun 18, 2007
    DALLAS!!!
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Precisely. The title of this thread is misworded. It's the USL that's actually bringing the complaint, over what they claim Sam said about their (USL) business practices.

16. mjames1229

mjames1229 Member

Sep 26, 2006
    West Allis, WI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The way it was explained to me is that its like if I get a speeding ticket a couple of months before my drivers license expires. Since my license is expiring, I decide not to pay the fine.

Then the state won't give me another license until I first pay that fine.

traremark repped this.
  17. mng146

mng146 Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    Good ol' Sammy, he's a paisan with a big mouth who doesn't know when to keep it shut. He usually winds up being his own worst enemy because of it.

18. mng146

mng146 Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    #18 mng146, Apr 1, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
    Yes, that was my main point. It's not really a question of freedom of speech, but one of tact and diplomacy. Nothing against Sam, but those words don't seem to exist in his vocabulary.

19. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Sam was far from done commenting on the USL. "They are in the business of collecting franchise fees, bonds and fines. That is what they do for a living. Their whole AMWAY pyramid system is franchise fees, bonds and fines but they don't know how to teach anyone to run a soccer team. They can't do it, they've never done it. They've never operated a professional soccer team so they don't know the first thing about it. They don't even go to these cities and train these people. They just basically send you a manual and say good luck, sink or swim. You could buy a lemonade stand and get better training than the MISL and USL franchises."

http://www.thebluetestament.com/2014/3/18/5521900/misl-and-owners-trade-comments-as-league-dissolves