2014 NBA PLAYOFFS

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by EPJr, Apr 17, 2014.

1. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Oh come on you Hawks pull the upset!!

2. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If cp3 dont get out of this round then he must have some tmac issues

3. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Woohoo

[​IMG]

os_mutante repped this.
  4. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL

5. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Opinion of today's game. Not shocked by the Indiana play they have been Supbar for the entire second half of the season but of the result. Dropping at home to the hawks just shows structurally problems and malaise with the team. I do see them still winning in 6 but I doubt them as a real serious contender to challenge Miami at this point. Hawks did a great job of going small and spreading out the pacers. Like doug Collins said Hibbert is a liability in this series he needs to come off the bench. Teague played amazing.

Brooklyn has the experience and raptors are just wet behind the ears. I expect the nets to win this in 6. Nobody was a standout here other then pierce down the stretch. Derozan struggled but that's what happens when you get keyed on in half court playoff basketball.

Okc is clearly the better team let the foot of the pedal and predictably runs will happen in the nba but okc should easily right this ship, okc in 5.

Warriors vs clippers the entire tenor of the game changed when Blake was on the bench because of foul trouble CP3 had a stellar game but the clippers still do not have that reliably 3rd option other then there big 2. Warriors weathered the storm but were also stronger In the front court then I expected. I will still say clippers win this in 6.

Great opening day watched the entire quadruple header much to the chagrin of my GF but it's NBA playoff time!!!

7. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Iight Clark Kellogg

8. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Wow Jeff Teagues step back crossover was so good, it fooled MW from in front of my TV screen.

9. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    [​IMG]

10. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No way heat win this year

11. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's the Splash bros vs the Splashing Asshole.

12. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    Ugh? The poor fan, who was just sitting there quietly, minding his own bussiness and then big, bad, Blake comes along and pours some water on him.

:rolleyes:

13. DynamoEAR

DynamoEAR Member+

May 30, 2011
    HoustAtlantaDMV
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    benni... repped this.
  14. DynamoEAR

DynamoEAR Member+

May 30, 2011
    HoustAtlantaDMV
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really do not understand why Harden does not attack the damn cup!

That said, Mchale needs to go, sorry.

15. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  16. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Insane performance by him tonight

17. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Hey Bulls, be careful what you wish for. You wanted some D, you got it! :D

Sal and benni... repped this.
  18. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    Adelman retires. I wonder what this means for the Timberwolves and Kevin Love.

Also Knicks fire Woodson. What are the odds that the Knicks hire Steve Kerr?

19. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We'll reclaim homecourt. Game 2 must win though.

20. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    The Clippers also need to regain homecourt. Today's game is a must win. Then they need to steal another one at the Oracle Arena. Without a road win, they will have a tough time handling them.

I also expect Griffin to dominate tonight. In the limited minutes he showed that he'll be the deciding factor, but he needs to stay on the court.

21. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Wizards will beat the bulls in this series. YOU CANT STOP NENE!

[​IMG]

benni... and Mengão86 repped this.
  22. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma

Gilbert Arenas says Hello:geek:.

benni... repped this.
  23. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With Bogut out there's no one on the Warriors who can limit Griffin, really. Funny thing is that he only played four minutes in the first half and at halftime the game was tied. The Warriors got their double digit lead in the third iirc.

Clippers are going to have to change how they deal with Curry in the high PNR's. If both defenders chase after him and try to trap, Curry is great at passing it to the screener and someone will eventually be open under the hoop or if Lee's the screener he can go straight into the paint. Heat tried to play the same defense against Curry in Miami and the Heat got smoked.

Doc should just live with the big man getting switched on to Curry. Refs are probably going to let a lot of stuff slide for the Clippers tonight anyway, especially after they admitted to blowing the foul on Chris Paul at the end of Game 1.

Also if I had known half the office was going to take today off I might have stayed up in LA for this one!

24. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    But he got his fifth (or fourth) foul after two minutes in the third, and Paul also got his fourth. Blake is the guy who is going to push them further, there's no doubt about it. He needs to perform.

Actually, I thought it was pretty good, but Curry, when doubled, did manage to find an open man, which lead most of the time to a 3 against 4. Now the idea was good, but they played it too much and like Isiah Thomas said, in that case your other players have to try to intercept the pass from Curry. They did not do that. I think they mix it up now and won't double Curry (as much). But the thing is if Klay hadn't steped up, that would've been regarded as wonderful tactic. I'm sure you agree. I have no clue though as to why Barnes only played 23 minutes.

Things opened up, when they forced Jordan out of the paint (by setting the opposing player as the screener). Davis offers no rim protection and isn't a great rebounder. That was a foul, but I don't blame the refs. Like I said it was a very uncharacteristic game from Paul who was forcing things too much. And you're probably right. The league won't allow Griffin to foul out another time.

Also I doubt we see another ''rusty'' Jamal Crawford.

25. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Davis surprisingly made some big shots down the stretch. I never seen such a fat guy huff and puff down the floor, I thought for sure he wouldn't come back in in the fourth.

Jamal Crawford definitely disappeared. But hey, that's what he does and why he comes off the bench and has played for a million teams (including the Warriors). Paul and Griffin will have good games tonight guaranteed.

Get used to Klay going off though. He can shoot over your guards. I do think the Warriors could use something else to go to besides the high PNR. I thought for sure Iggy would post up Reddick more. I mean, he should have done that every single freakin' time.