AS Monaco thread [R]

Discussion in 'France: Clubs' started by SportBoy333, Jul 29, 2006.

1. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Jurgen Klinsmann (ex player) is my dream. I was willing to let Ranieri stay on but you cant lose to a team like that when there's so much at stake and you fielded a strong squad. I know the Coupe de France is more crazy than other countries cups but the bottom line is Monaco 130 M budget Guingamp 22 M budget. You missed an oppurtunity to hoist the cup losing to a team like that. No excuses.

2. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    If Raneiri can add some talented cb or two and a player in their mid that defends n another creative player they will do just fine. He needs one more season

3. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    That's stupid. And terrible for neutral fans of the sport. Bielsa plus a talented roster will equal special football. I would love to see him go to a bigger club. Like Manchester United or Inter or Barcelona.

4. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    None of those big clubs want him. Other than Marseille I think his other jobs offers are national teams jobs like Paraguay. Marseille's lucky to get him if he says yes, he wasnt even their first or second choice.

5. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    That's what I read. I hope he doesn't take it but I wouldn't be surprised if he did. I said I would like if he went to those clubs not that he will.

6. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Well since Marseille doesnt have PSG or Monaco's money he will make them more competitive and the French league will be more interesting for us fans of it. I know he's good with young players but Marseille's youth academy is really bad so he and his crew are going to have to unearth some gems from abroad if they want to challenge for the top 3. Its going to be exciting to see what potential he can get out of Thauvin, Lamina, Imbula, and Mendy. Even Jordan Ayew who's been somewhat of a bust so far might flourish under him hopefully.

7. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Ranieri OFFICIALLY fired..

so whose next?

elviejomen repped this.
  8. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    Where does it say he'd fired

9. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    read it on twitter from a friend who knows people in Monaco. The board are not pleased with Ranieri and kinda disappointed Monaco atleast didn't make it to the final of one of the domestic cups. He's gone after the season is over, I just said official, cuz theres no way in hell he returns for next season.

10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Still not offical. Did you see the video of Falcao at the Monte Carlo Masters posing with Djokovic and Federer ? It was pretty cool.

11. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Berbatov 8 goals in 13 games. You have to resign him and let someone go. Probably will be Riviere or keep him and Germain and loan out Martial to another club. Traoré didnt do anything at Everton and got injured so Im not sure what happens to him.

12. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    signing Berbatov was really smart move. This is what I like about Monaco, yes they have a lot of money but they are not buying like crazy, the fact that they bought James and Moutihno together and adding Toulalan was really really smart, those 3 knows how to defend, are great at passing (long and short) love to keep possession, are really smart players and obviously each one have their strength, James is more offensive while Toulalan is more defensively and moutinho is more balanced. If you add two speedsters (Carrasco- Ocampos) and a Killer up front like falcao and in this case Berbatov, you have a pretty darn good team

Personally I feel like Ranieri haven't take advantage of their full potential

SportBoy333 repped this.
  13. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    He also has 5 assists which means he's contributed in every game he's played. Amazing.

elviejomen repped this.
  14. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    The only thing lacking now is a solid backline unit and depth. Depth is going to be HUGE if Monaco plans on making any sort of deep run in the CL. idk what their Youth Academy looks like nowadays, but if it was anything of years past then they should be able to pluck some talent out for quality depth.

What will happen to Kondogbia??

15. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    He can play 3 positions. They'll find a place for him.

16. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Dutch website Voetbal International, Frank De Boer is a coaching candidate

17. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    http://news.yahoo.com/monaco-compete-copa-euroamericana-203522014.html

18. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Bring it! :cool:

19. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Zidane might even be there as well...

Anyway the club needs to grow its brand outside of France like everyone else is doing these days. They are way way behind the EPL teams and big well known clubs in that regard so its gonna take a long time to build up a decent sized fanbase around the world. Look at PSG how hard and long its taking them to do it.

20. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Hello.

Direct result of PSG global branding reporting for duty :D

21. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Rumor of former Rennes general manager Pierre Dréossi becoming the new technical director. That post is vacant after the departure of Ricardo Pecini.

22. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  23. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Is that good or bad?

24. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I thought they wanted a bigger name, someone who's more international like Leonardo at PSG before he left.

25. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Monaco are in the Emirates Cup 2014.

Le programme complet de l'Emirates Cup 2014 :
    Samedi 2 août 2014
    15h00 : AS Monaco - Valence CF
    17h20 : Arsenal - Benfica

Dimanche 3 août 2014
    15h00 : Benfica - Valence CF
    17h20 : Arsenal - AS Monaco