Game #7:FIRE vs. Patriots 4/19 3:00pm (NBCSN)

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by firefan2001, Apr 13, 2014.

1. splunge63

splunge63 Member+

Mar 30, 2014
    west burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Yep. Play with fire: get burned. And for a guy who's been a pro for 7? seasons, it's even more inexcusable.

bunge repped this.
  2. poprox

poprox Member

Oct 10, 2012
    Club:
    Coritiba FBC
    I hea

3. lncolnpk

lncolnpk Member+

Mar 5, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The best stat is that the ref has done 15 MLS games and has given 16 red cards.

4. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Jagiellonia Bialystok SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw ONE yesterday. It had a bunch of player autographs on the back of it.

5. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Unfortunately I saw 14 of them on the field, plus a few more warming up in the North end. :(

6. danimal60914

danimal60914 Member

May 15, 2013
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    13. Sean John doesn't wear that crap. :)

7. iron81

iron81 Member+

Jan 6, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    We lead the East in Goals For. Please stop before you embarrass yourself further.

8. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    Touché!

9. Pablo Chicago

Pablo Chicago Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    Sweet Home Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. Now my wife wants to know why I'm laughing in the bathroom.

10. Pablo Chicago

Pablo Chicago Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    Sweet Home Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you saw Sparky's penalty kick before the match, you wouldn't be saying that. It's clearly time to put the old dog down.

Hey wait a minute! Now that I think about it. I've never seen Anangono and Sparky at a party together.

LocoGueroFutobolista and HeyFireGO repped this.
  11. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah that was pretty bad too. Maybe we should hire the Red Stars mascot to take them in the future.

12. danimal60914

danimal60914 Member

May 15, 2013
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Columbus and SKC have played one fewer game than we have. Their Goals-per-game average is higher than ours.

iron81 and bunge repped this.
  13. sWo97

sWo97 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The penalty on Nyarko shouldn't have happened because, first, that was Palmers area and he was boxing in one player with 3 teammates for some reason and second, Nyarko should have read that and got back to cover quicker.

Ball watching kills.

I'm wondering if Shipp is gassed and that's why he's subbed cause he could be really usefull in the last 10 minutes.

14. Jon_May

Jon_May Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Chicago IL
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I think most will agree that now that we've been given a chance to get pissed and calm down that we weren't as bad as the result suggests. If we play like we did yesterday then we'll win games and pick up the points. Defensively we were pretty sound with both centre backs constantly communicating and going forward we looked decent (nothing more, nothing less) Shipp had by far his best game so far and the pass was exquisite.

Quincy's movement for the goal was great and congratulations to Yallop for giving him the chance that so many managers haven't, see no reason why he can't get double figures this season, will be a big miss in the coming games though. Magee was piss poor again, enough said. Nyarko is such a frustrating player too, had the beating of his full back time and again but my lord his end product is shocking.

No need for the boo boys at the end either if it was directed at players. The last two games at home we've been unfortunate, if the two penalties were scored then we're four points better off and sitting pretty in 3rd in our division so get a f***ing grip.

goldclover, Phil J M and harrylee773 repped this.
  15. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Not against competition better than what we have faced so far. No way. What we are is a mid-table team trending downward. We will either probably just make or just miss the playoffs within a range of 3 points.

loonixxx repped this.
  16. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    I don't agree with booing players but I can't fault people for being frustrated. I'm not going to pretend everyone is upset about a slow start. This has been a snowball rolling downhill for many years now. The organization doesn't deserve much slack, even if individual employees and players deserve accolades.

Sparky98 and skinut repped this.
  17. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If this game had been the exception this season rather than the rule or if the result had come against a good team and not a bad one, you might have a case. But it wasn't.

This early part of the season was are chance to collect points against bad teams. Instead, we keep giving away points like it's Christmas in April by making bad teams look good. I don't expect you to admit this in public but just ask yourself what you honestly think is going to happen when we start playing teams like Columbus, KC or most of the West if we can't find a way to beat the bad teams like TeamMLS and the Revs.

The reason we are repeatedly dropping points is not that we're [Sarachan]"unlucky"[/Sarachan] but because we are a bad team right now. Good teams close out games. They also don't put their results at the mercy of MLS's crappy refs.

But because our owner sucks balls and his FO doesn't know what they're doing, we have a roster full of issues this year. Our MVP from two years ago is now so bad we traded him to a conference rival for nothing, our MVP from last year is taking this year off for whatever reason, our starting forward has some potential but is basically average in this league (not to mention unavailable for our next game), we do have promising young players in Shipp and Joya but they're years away from being fully developed (IF they get proper coaching, which is no guarantee here), our starting CAM is simply unacceptable, our back line is a godawful mess although Palmer has looked decent for stretches and even our sorta-Nats keeper is making awful mistakes on occasion and can't distribute the ball to save his life. And they're all led by a head coach is as good - no better and no worse - than his rosters.

The BEST you can say for THIS year is that our starting d-mid is having the great year we'd expected of him last year. Oh, also we play in the craptacular East and thank heavens for that or we'd REALLY be screwed.

Sorry, but "shoulda/coulda/woulda" doesn't mean squat if you repeatedly "didna" because that argues that you "canna". You are right that sooner or later we'll get a win against a fellow scrub team or we'll catch a good team that has injuries or is just having a crap day so we won't go winless this year. But if that is your big news that is supposed to encourage us, I can't think of a more damning indictment of how this team has and is being run.

18. Phil J M

Phil J M Member

Feb 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm not convinced that many people were booing the team. I heard a few derogatory remarks aimed at the ref at the same time, and thought he was the subject of the booing.

19. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to mention that this year is repeating the exact same pattern as prior years and that more than anything is what diminishes any hope that we're really getting better.

[​IMG]

LocoGueroFutobolista and loonixxx repped this.
  20. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Depends on what you mean by "many". I wasn't sure either at the game but then the broadcast picked it up loud and clear. You can try to dismiss it if you want by arguing over what "many" means, but it was obvious enough to be yet another sign of the sorry state of this team.

LocoGueroFutobolista, loonixxx and bunge repped this.
  21. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    Hmmm...what's the constant during those years? I know, I know, science is hard.

22. snkscore

snkscore Member+

Jun 24, 2007
    La Grange, IL
    We've seen what they have. They have below-average-MLS-skills right now. What is the obsession to play these kids when we HAVE been playing them and they haven't looked good? Let them get to a level where they can help the team first.

goldclover repped this.
  23. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    EVERYTHING is hard.

bunge repped this.
  24. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I hope that you are the one doing the talking when JLA is given his boxed-up stuff and told to not come back....
    In fact, let's appoint ratdog as the team's hatchet man to deliver the bad news when we decide to lose the dead weight.

bunge repped this.