Scorpyn's Scanner 2014

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by Scorpyn78, Feb 25, 2014.

1. bcred

bcred Member

Aug 13, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Now why would you even say that? What a prick.

2. clubamericalara

clubamericalara Member+

Jun 20, 2013
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Club:
    Club América
    [​IMG]

available! to bad its not the ticket im looking for :(

3. whiskerxx

whiskerxx Member+

May 30, 2006
    If we followed the donation theme using the "Just Giving" website, you could maybe just send the app to those you see have made a donation?
    That way everyone can get it, but only if they donate, and somewhere, somebody will hopefully benefit.

Stuckin1au repped this.
  4. clubamericalara

clubamericalara Member+

Jun 20, 2013
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Club:
    Club América
    BRILLIANT IDEA...

5. Pablo Garces

Pablo Garces Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Australia
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Excellent Idea, at least touts will have to give something back. Besides it is for a good cause.

6. Roberto Larcos

Roberto Larcos New Member

Celtic
    Scotland
    Apr 19, 2010
    New Zealand
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Unfortunately, this scenario will undoubtedly happen.

In 2010 we were in Cape Town for the semi-final. Some time after the match a few final tickets were released. One chap that was staying in our hostel bought multiple tickets (using the scanner) to sell them on for a profit. He was openly boasting about this! Needless to say we called him out for it and ignored the guy for the rest of our stay. He was a complete douche!

Nevertheless, I'm grateful to Scorpyn and Royial for giving me the chance to get some tickets by making the scanner available to everyone. All we can do is hope that as many tickets end up in the hands of genuine fans instead of touts.

7. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    A lot of Brazilians are already doing it even without a scanner. There are ticket sales groups on Facebook. Many require at least $500 in an the group stage ticket, category 4, if it is a big game and/or in the Rio/Sao Paulo. A final ticket costs no less than $5k.

8. bcred

bcred Member

Aug 13, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I keep hearing that the Brazilian market is brisk and that its middle class South Americans that are paying the high prices. Do you agree with this Lucas?

9. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    There was always going to be a big resale market for tickets. As I have said many times tickets will be readily available for all but a few of the bigger matches. The nearer it gets to match day the less they will be asking, as fear of being left with them lowers the price.
    For those looking for tickets for games excluding Brazil and the final, you will have no problem getting tickets.

Stuckin1au repped this.
  10. jamfactoryken

jamfactoryken Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Exeter, England
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Could not agree more with this. Trade fair, buy/sell at face value now. and pick up the tickets that you can't find now, later on.

To quote Corporal Jones "Don't Panic, Don't Panic"

11. ttnpier

ttnpier Member

Feb 1, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Perhaps Scorpyn and Royial could limit their apps to just being able to buy one ticket at a time when it links to FIFA's ticket sale site, to prevent abuse, or maybe remove this aspect altogether so the user has to manually get to FIFA's site. Not sure if this would make a big difference though.
    I'm still curious as to how they get access to the data however, and how come FIFA hasn't clamped down on this, since there is a potential for abuse by the unscrupulous.

12. MacPhistoTerp

MacPhistoTerp Member

United States
    Mar 25, 2009
    Treasure Island, FL
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you work for FIFA or something? Just be grateful that they figured out how to do it and share it for the good of the posters on here

tmac-tmac repped this.
  13. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    You didn't really put much thought into this did you. ;-)

14. Scorpyn78

Scorpyn78 Member+

Real Madrid
    Argentina
    May 27, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Two things I want to set straight.

I am not going to force people to donate to use the app. That kind of thing doesn't appeal to me. People should donate for such cause by choice, not by force. People who want to donate should and will donate even if they don't give a damn about any app and that's how it should be.

Secondly, those who are asking me to limit the use of app, well, I don' see you guys saying anything to Royial for making the app public. You all knew he was going to do it but not a word came out of you then. Chances are, you are already using it and maybe that is why you don't want others to get their hands on it. I am sorry if I sound bitter but I and my team had spent good time making sure we give preference to genuine fans first. Maybe you can question how we chose people but our intentions were right. I had no incentive for keeping the app restricted as I am not even traveling to Brazil. Just did it so people who really do need the tickets desperately could get them and I am not talking about those who already have tickets to 15 games but 'desperately' need for a couple more. Anyway, I feel I have spent way too much time and energy on trying to do the 'right' thing. I am not going to bother anymore. I will release the full version to everyone. That is obviously going to reduce chances for everyone including the genuine fans but I just don't have a choice anymore.

Best of luck to you all.

15. jupal

jupal Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Switzerland
    scooterz, enthusiastic and Stuckin1au repped this.
  16. MattC

MattC Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    You shouldn't have to justify any decision you make. It's your app, you can do as you please. I just hope that anyone who uses this app AT LEAST says thank you to you and the team that worked on it

enthusiastic repped this.
  17. whiskerxx

whiskerxx Member+

May 30, 2006
    Well put.

Stuckin1au repped this.
  18. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014

mate, I agree with every single word you wrote here, especially about the efforts you've done, not only last few weeks but also four years ago.

I never asked for the scanner since I have all the tickets I need, but let's say it this way:
    even if only one single true fan gets ticket he needs by using your tool then you were successfull. and do not worry about touts, they have their own tools anyway, they had them 2006, 2010 and they certainly have them now.

cheers

19. African_Biohazard

African_Biohazard New Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I can fully understand the sentiment, and perhaps also the frustration. It's almost impossible to judge who a "true fan" really is, especially so on a semi-anonymous forum such as this. I've been lucky enough to make use of this app in 2010, and it contributed immensely to an enjoyable feast of soccer. But let's not kid ourselves - it's just too easy for such a device to be abused, even by the genuine sports lover. Not only that, but he app has also made it harder for many ordinary fans to access the website and procure tickets. I think it's too simplistic to try to extract some kind of moral here. It's up to Scorpyn and Royial to judge the risk/reward for "real" fans when making this openly available. From my side, all I can say is thanks for the effort and for a fantastic tool.

20. byucougars

byucougars Member

Nov 3, 2013
    Provo, Utah
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Can anyone help me understand how to use Virtual Box. I only have a Mac and am unable to download the Lite version of the App.

21. jamfactoryken

jamfactoryken Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Exeter, England
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Mate download virtual box (https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads). Install it, start it up, then use internet explorer to find Scorpyn Lite. Download, install & run. I have it on OSX 10.8.5 and it works a treat. Good luck.

22. sats

sats Member

Jun 23, 2006
    Looking forward to Scorpyn scanner as I can't use Royial as I only have XP

soccergal1119 repped this.
  23. LucozadeWarrior

Feb 2, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Completely agree, was one of the lucky ones to have got the 2010 WC Final ticket because of Scorpyn's scanner for a once in a lifetime (hopefully not) experience. Scorpyn's apps have made it possible for decent fans to get their hands on tickets that otherwise they stand very little chance of getting so if it is more competition on this forum then so be it but it atleast puts normal fans like us on an equal footing with the touts so more power to Scorpyn, Royial and Sleeper and their ilk.

24. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Does anyone know, when using the Scanner if you have set it for say Game 55 CAT3 two tickets. and 2 tickets come up for CAT 1 or CAT 2 will it still put them in the basket or will it wait for the named CAT to come up and ignore any others.

25. samconnie

samconnie Member

Feb 22, 2006
    toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    try on game 7 for cat3, there only cat 1 and 2 now